12 house sun

I know some one with sun in cancer conjunct the 12th house cusp. I was wondering if there is any remedial remedies for this in Traditional Astrology? Also, are there any positive qualities that can be tapped into it. Tradition gives grief of mind, imprisonment, lack of success and large animals such as elephants (or giant crabs?).

hello, technical seer
Remedies are more in yiotish, maybe you sh ould give a try.
You could try in traditional western astrology a sun talisman, but when the planet becomes an accidental malefic, sometimes the effects are not good.
So, the other alternative is charitable magic... you give in a day sun in a sun hour a sun present to a sun person.
Sun presents can be golden things, if not gold itself, and a lot of other things that you can look as ruled by sun
Sun persons in general are persons of power, but I think it can be persons with a "sun" personality
Yuzuru

Hey Yuzuru,
wouldn't the actor's guild or a local theatre or something like that be ruled by sun?
could make a charitable donation on a sunday during one of the sun's hours?

See in the home page or in http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sun_att.html
some significations like:

"Kings, princes, emperors, dukes, marquesses, earls, barons, lieutenants, deputy-lieutenants of counties, magistrates, gentlemen in general, courtiers, desirers of honour and preferment, justices of peace, majors, high-sheriffs, high-constables, great huntsmen"(etc)

"Houses, courts of princes, palaces, theatres, all magnificent structures being clear and decent, halls, dining rooms. "

Well, Sun on the 12th house cusp could change, depending on what house system you are using. Which one was used to calculate the chart?
the secret of happiness involves ducks & ukuleles

I was wondering if there is any remedial remedies for this in Traditional Astrology?
Sure if you're an American you could become President of the US, or if you're a Brit, you could become Prime Minister. Both George W. Bush and Tony Blair have the Sun in the 12th house.

Tom

To become slightly more serious. Whenever we see a 12th house Sun (or 8th or 6th), the idea is to look for a "way out." The Sun in the 12th does have a tougher time finding expression. The same is true for other planets in the 12th. There are a few ways out. The best being a mutual reception. Another way is to be in aspect, and aspect by sign will do, with a dispositor. G.W. Bush's chart is an example of the latter. His Sun is in Cancer, 12th house and peregrine. We mgiht find it surprising that such a Sun would seek high public office. But his Sun is square both Jupiter, exaltation ruler of Cancer, and the Moon, domicile ruler of Cancer. The Sun is not as restrictive as it otherwise might be.

Abraham Lincoln quite possibly had a 12th house Sun; his birthtime is not known for certain. Both 7:20 am and 8:50 am have been used with some success. Lincoln's Aquarius Sun is in sextile by sign to its dispositor, Saturn. It is interesting to note that the 12th house is the house of slavery or bondage and Saturn is also associated with slaves. The final dispositor of his 12th house Sun is Jupiter, the planet associated with freedom, and Lincoln is often referred to as "The Great Emancipator."

Tom

Tom wrote:To become slightly more serious. Whenever we see a 12th house Sun (or 8th or 6th), the idea is to look for a "way out." The Sun in the 12th does have a tougher time finding expression. The same is true for other planets in the 12th. There are a few ways out. The best being a mutual reception.

Tom
I did an analysis of the 12th house Sun people in my life. In every case, I found that they had made major accomplishments to society: activist leader, ballet school founder, master gardner, politician....and so on. The commom theme I saw was a kind of sadness that was present no matter how much success was achieved.

ML
the secret of happiness involves ducks & ukuleles