Hello folks,
I apologize for the delay, but as I said, I have a lot of work on the weekend. I have read the few last posts and I think I should give another example of a home team that is a BIG underdog that must STILL be the ASC. Let's take mighty Lyons travel to Rennes last week:

RennesLyon - Natal Chart
Nov 4 2006, 5:15 pm, CET -1:00
rennes france, 48?N06'27'', 001?W42'46''
Geocentric Tropical Zodiac

Please enter in a program and see the chart. The most important planet for Rennes was the it's score ruler, the 10th Saturn was in a great house, the 5th. It was also in sextile with POF and "Sudden Advancement". A 6-1 underdog with these great aspects to the their score and guess what.... on the 13th minute, Rennes strikes and it's 1-0 against, arguably, the best team in Champions League.

Take into consideration that the ASC (Home team-Venus) in conjuncting their game (5th Sun) and you have a team working well together. Now you have the ASC Venus in a mutual conjunction with the Goalie (Merc-3rd) and the defense is complete and impassable.

As for Lyon, while there are no really bad aspects (except for their game (Uranus-11th) squaring Death), they do not have any strong positive aspects amongst their planets or POF.

The game ended there with a HUGE upset at 1-0 for the Underdog (ascendant) Rennes.

In practicality, I wagered 15 euro on Rennes (6-1 payoff) with Sporting Gijon (2-1) and Levante (1.8-1) and won 324euro back.

If I mess around with the ASC in any of these games, I lose. It's that plain and simple. :-cry

Another quick reference from last night:
SaoCaetanoFiguerense - Natal Chart
Nov 8 2006, 7:30 pm, +2:00
S?o Caetano do Sul brz, 23?S37'47'', 046?W33'35''

Sao Caetano was even odds against Fig:
But you had ASC (Ven) conj the Game(5th-Merc) and the 5th trine the Home score (10th-Uran). Fig had a T-Square between it's goalie (9th-Sat), their score (4th-Sun) and their game (11th-Nep). Throw in the Visiting team (7th Pluto) squaring the POF and....

Need I say more... Sao Caetano in a cake walk 3-1 with a nice 2.3 payoff.

I will try to address some more of the posts later as I have to go.
Best regards to all,
CFJ

Hello all!
Since there are only 2 games here in Greece to play (and I never wager on worthless friendlies), I will try to expand on my past comments. I will also try to look at the past games for Ficina.

If anyone has been trying to read games lately for wagers, you know how hard they have been. With these conjunctions and squares, it really takes patients... as well as a look to South America!!

In Europe lately, you have each teams rulers squaring themselves (Home Team(ASC) square Home Game(5th) and the Visiting Score (4th) square Visiting game (11th)). So the games in Brazil, Argentina and Mexico have helped me keep making good $$. For example, I played only 2 European games on Sunday and the rest in S. America.

As for all the theory of all those games played at the same time in the UK, there is validity to that but there are some opportunities there. I have an assistant that enters all the games for me into Solar Fire Deluxe. There are only a few differences in the games because of the longitude and latitude. If there are some good aspects (for example) for the home team to win, I will go through all the games and find the game with the strongest aspects and play ONLY that one game. It's not rare for me to play only 1 game of the 50 English games on Saturday. There is also an exception when there is an important cusp that is a late degree and can change the ruler because of the long/lat. Then things can get interesting.

For Ficina: The Chelsea game you spoke of:
SheffieldUnitedChelsea(2PL) 2-2+0-2
(the 2-2+0-2 means it was Visitor(2) ahead at half & Visitor won final with the score 0-2)
8 Oct 2006 12:45
BST -1:00
sheffield eng
53N22 13 001W28 15

This is not an easy chart to pick but I liked the fact that a positive Venus was Chelsea's score (4th) as well as it's goalie (9th). Venus was in a grand trine with the POF as well as Sudden advancement. This meant that they had great chance at score as well as the goalie NOT getting scored on. This is especially true since the 5th ruler is also Venus which means any movement in the Sheffield's game (5th) will be countered by the Chelsea game AND goalie (therefore giving you a 0 score for Sheff and the reason that Sheff missed a penalty shot in the first half). Add the fact that the ASC ruler was Jupiter and was squaring the co-ruler of the first Saturn, it was a safe bet that Sheffield would have a rough day. To top things off, you had Chelsea's ruler (7th-Merc)in a great house (as well as amplifying it by conjuncting the cusp) of the 11th (Chelsea's game). Although it was not really aspecting anything, Merc was positive because it was IN the 11 house as well as conjuncting the cusp. To end this game analysis, I will remind you that I also see the Odds (2nd or 8th rulers) ruler good to Sudden Advancement as another affirming aspect. The ruler of Chelsea's odds house (8th) was trining SudAdv. which happened to be in the 7th house (Chelsea's Team).

That will be it for now. PLEASE feel free to comment ar ask any questions. This is a light week and I will have time to answer.
Thanks.
Best regards,
CFJ
:sg

Hi CFJ,

Many thanks for explaining the Chelsea match (28 Oct not 8 Oct btw). I followed your reasoning OK but it does get complicated when you're using so many houses and there are planets which rule both Home and Away houses, for example Venus in that chart. It obviously takes a lot of practice to read that correctly.

Congrats on all your recent successes. You must be doing well if you can afford an assistant to do all the donkey work :D

I'm still plugging away with my own method and am currently compiling a list of 'aphorisms'. It's a long and arduous task going through all my match charts and I'm being careful to disregard the charts that didn't work rather than throwing out the method. So far it's roughly 65%/35% and I'm fairly happy with that.

Cheers,
Ficina

Hey Ficina!
Yes it can get complicated. But if you concentrate on the Home 3 (1st(team)5th(game)10th(score) versus the Visitor (7th(team)11th(Game)4th(score) you can get a good start. Then look at placement of said planets (example:5th ruler in 10th house is great), and then look at what each goalie is going (Home(3rd)Visitor(9th)). You will have a good idea as to where the game is leaning HomeDrawVisitor.

I apologize for sug basic details but I have reieved some e-mails and I want to write for them too.

Tonight we had a good victory: Russia to win and Craotia to win and a good upset in the Copa Sud America:

AtleticoP(CSA)Pachuca - Natal Chart
Nov 15 2006, 3:30 pm, BZT2 +3:00
Curitiba brz, 25?S26'54'', 049?W16'37''

Pachuca was a big underdog because they are not doing so well in the Mexican league and when you thing about it, there's Mexico and THEN there's BRAZIL! Atletico is classes ahead.

We played Pachuca to win because Atletico's rulers:
ASC and 5th were both squaring the 10th! (these 3 planets were also in a t-square with Death). Their goalie, 3rd was merc oppositioning POF too!

Pachuca had the 4th sextiling the 7th and the goalie(9th)! Add POF tucked right inside the Visitors game cusp (11th) and you've got a 3.4 payoff.

I hope this has helped.
Regards,
CFJ[/img]

Hi again CFJ

I've just had a look at the weekend matches in England. Using my method the following match looks like a draw but using your method I think it indicates a win for Liverpool.

Middlesbrough v Liverpool
18 November
Asc 22,55 Gemini

The only contra indication I can see for Liverpool is Sun/Jup square to Part of Death. Would this cancel out the other testimonies which seem to be pro Liverpool and against Middlesbro?

Cheers,
Ficina

Ficina

Looking at 4 games this weekend I have, Birmingham, Man City, Man United and Middlesbrough to win.

The Middlesbrough chart has Mercury, ruler of the 1st and the 5th, trine Uranus ruler of the 10th and Mercury conjunct the Moon, ruler of the 2nd and 3rd. Uranus is sextile the part of sudden advancement. All good stuff.

The 7th (visitor) ruler is Jupiter conjunct the Sun, ruler of the 4th which is good, however, Jupiter is square Saturn, ruler of the 8th and 9th and opposes the POF. The 11th ruler Neptune is opposing the 2nd and 3rd ruler Saturn, and squares the part of SA. The 4th ruler the Sun opposes the POF and squares Saturn.

What orb allowance are you using, and am I correct in assuming that we don't use tradditional rulership?

Anyway, I'm prepared to put my money where my mouth is and have already placed my accumalator bet on the 4 teams (hey, what's a tenner). I had in mind to have an away win for Tottenham but changed my mind to Middlesbrough at the last minute.

Good luck

Taurus

Hi Taurus, good to see you joining in :)

I agree with you that Man City and Birmingham will win (using my method; haven't looked at them using CFJ's method). But I reckon Blackburn will probably win against Spurs. I didn't look at the Man Utd match since it's one of the many played at 3 o'clock.
What orb allowance are you using, and am I correct in assuming that we don't use tradditional rulership?
I think CFJ will have to answer here for what's used in the Llewellyn method. Personally I can't bring myself to use modern rulers, ouch! Perhaps CFJ will also comment on your Middlesbro analysis as this method is new to me.
Anyway, I'm prepared to put my money where my mouth is and have already placed my accumalator bet on the 4 teams (hey, what's a tenner).
Haha, good for you! Very brave to do an accumulator. Doesn't that mean if the first one's wrong, then the whole lot is lost? Last weekend I bet on 4 matches doing a mixture of singles, doubles, trebles etc. Unfortunately I got two right and two wrong so won a bit but lost more. If I'd bet the same amount on each match separately (which is what I usually do) I would have ended up better off. No more multi bets for me!

Good luck to you too.

Ficina

Hi Ficina

Yes, I wasn't sure on the Tottenham match either. The Middlesbrough chart looked clearer.

I had followed the Frawley method for quite some time with good/bad results and have hundreds of timed charts going back to 1998. In the back of my mind was the problem of assigning the ascendant for the favourite. Can we be really sure of who the favourite is?. Take a European team against an English team and you can have differences of opinion of who is the better.

A couple of years ago two friends and I got together and decided to place ?30 each on the big guns Man United, Chelsea, and Arsenal to win. We didn't bet when they played each other and we only bet on the premiership game at the weekend. We looked at the statistics and realised that some weeks they lost/drew, but over a period of weeks they won more of their games. So off we went to the bookies and placed ?90 on an accumalator. Some weeks it hurt but we were up on the average. However, it all came to an end when an article appeared in the sporting section of one of the tabloids. The writer wrote, that if one was to back the 3 big guns over the season to win then you would have made a profit. Mr William Hill and his mates must have read the same article because the bookies started to lower the odds on these 3 games and our bets ceased.

Should sports betting be applied the same way as financial astrologers apply their techniques?. They look at the particular stock charts/technical analysis, take the fundamentals into consideration and then look at the astrology. So, do we look at the statistics of the teams, then the fundamentals, for example; is there a new manager, will the side put a full team out, is there a new player, what are the injuries etc, then we apply the astrology.

Good luck

Taurus

Hi Taurus,

Interesting story about your accumulator on the big three. Pity it got scuppered by the tabloid press!

Yes, I use quite a few of John Frawley's aphorisms, especially those involving antiscia and also the Part of Success. I disagree with him over certain things though, for example L1 in 7th generally wins although he reckons the opposite. Regarding favourites, even he says it's best to use your common sense especially when England are involved as bookies nearly always make them the favourites. From what I have gathered he only looks at charts of cup finals when there isn't a home team of course as they're always played on neutral ground, so I guess that's why he gives the Asc to the favourite. I wonder it he'd apply the same approach to ordinary domestic games?

Regarding what you say about statistics etc you might find this site interesting. Click on the Football tab. The pages are a little difficult to read, although that could be my computer, lol!

http://www.dectech.org/

Cheers,
Ficina