Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

No more Xena, now Eris

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kim Farnell

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:20 pm    Post subject: No more Xena, now Eris Reply with quote

So much for Xena...

UB313 was named Eris yesterday (goddess of strife and discord, Roman equivalent Discordia) and its Moon Dysnomia (the daughter of Eris known as the spirit of lawlessness.)

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=22045

For people who like this sort of thing....

Quote:
Eris is the Greek goddess of discord and strife. She is Ares' constant companion and follows him everywhere. Eris is sinister and mean, and her greatest joy is to make trouble. She has a golden apple that is so bright and shiny everybody wants to have it. When she throws it among friends, their friendship come to a rapid end. When she throws it among enemies, war breaks out, for the golden apple of Eris is the Apple of Discord. She did this once during the wedding of Peleus and Thetis, and this act brought about the Trojan War.

http://www.pantheon.org/articles/e/eris.html

Cross referencing news sites gives 14:00 BST today for the announcement. And someone told me at 14:11 Very Happy

Kim
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think astrologers will like the sound of this.

I feel sorry for Mars though - just when he thought he was gaining the upper hand over Pluto ...
###

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eris’ description and story does sound like the state of the world these days. Iran wanting the golden apple? Terrorists throwing their apple of fear? Over here Republicans and Democrats have been giving us a strudel feast.
Kim Farnell

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn.

It seemed so obvious I didn't think it was worth saying, but I can't resist being the one to bring it up.

Eris is lawless. Dysmonia is the spirit of lawlessness.

Am I really the only one here who actually watches Xena? You know, the show starring Lucy Lawless?

Symbolism doesn't always have to be clever Very Happy

Kim
###

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I can do this too.

Quote:
She has a golden apple that is so bright and shiny everybody wants to have it.

Lucy means ‘light’.
Kim Farnell

Posted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Lucy means ‘light’.

Good one. Thank God someone knows what I'm on about. I thought I'd have to keep on talking to fourteen year olds.

Xena's satellite is, of course, Gabrielle. Played by Renee O'Connor. The reborn, wilful one if you want to dissect her real name.

It's so tidy. The IAU chose the only corresponding mythological name to Xena. Nothing's really changed Very Happy

No, surely not. The IAU don't have such a sense of humour - do they?

Kim
granny_skot

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering she is stuck at 20-25 Aries for the next 20 years, seems to me she is pretty well covered by the mars connection. Wink

that is an interesting point in the sky for now I think. and that Planet has a very eliptical orbit, so wondering how things will transpire.

Granny
Coder

Posted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think astrologers will like the sound of this.

Especially those into the mundane/cultural/trans-personal end of the business. Seems apt with all the current warmongering/democratizing going on. My thingummmy shows it doesn't ingress into Taurus until May 2045. Might just get to be there if neither Uncle Sam nor Old Nick get me first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: