Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

A Technique Proposed by Morinus
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques
View previous topic :: View next topic  
granny_skot

Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd suggest you might look at a lot of these 12th house people in high places, government, film, etc. I think this opposite theory might be rather demonstrable here?

Granny
Tom

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked into the Pensylvania birth recrd time problem and wasn't able to find much. Astrologer Amanda Owen wrote on the subject asking for help in 1999 and as far as I know, didn't get beyond what is posted here:

http://www.sabian.org/ptp.htm

The short version is nearly every recorded birth in Pennsylvania that occurred during daylight savings or Eastern War Time prior to April 12, 1971, is suspect. PA law required all births to be recorded in standard time regardless of the time of year. Not all hospitals followed the law, as they probalby weren't aware of it. One hour difference one way or the other wasn't considered important. We don't know when this began, either. All that is known is that the law changed in 1971. If anyone has more recent information on this, please let us know.

Tom
MorningSun

Posted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Opposite Signs Reply with quote

This has been something I have been watching for some time, and trying to determine just whether it has merit. I have come across this several times in my studies. I am leaning towards the interpretation that the Opposite Signs have a huge influence. I have been mulling this point for some time.

As in my own chart, Oct.9, 1958, 5:26 am, CDT, Mishawaka, Indiana, USA.

I have Libra as most of the first house, 28 degrees, 20" Virgo ASC, the first being the natural house of Aries as well as Libra's opposite. I find many Aires qualities in myself and trying to balance those with the Libra Sun. It is the same energy only the opposite side of it. Then I think that I also must take into consideration the natural house of the zodiac and use those energies also in my interpretations, which I find does seem to exert its influence. but I am just still forming and studying what is reality as to what I actually see happening the the person and their lives, compared to what the texts say. Because of my own situation, I am not sure if it is because my sun is in the natural first house of Aries, or because it just happens to be in Libra in the first and I am using the opposite theory of energies. Or just because its in the first house and using Aries energy there due to house and not the opposite. So if anyone has any examples if they use the natural zodiac energies in their interpretation also that would bring some clarity also into this mix.

For what it's worth, that is my experience and thoughts.

I view it as the same energy, one positive, one negative, yin and yang, Same coin, different side.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Traditional (& Ancient) Techniques All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: