Which house rules fleas?

How'd you do, everyone? I flew over from Canada to take Deb's horary certificate course this summer. It was fantastic!

My first post on this forum concerns FLEAS. The cat left some in our daughter's bedroom in this summer and it is now infested to the point where she can't sleep in it until we get rid of the nasty things. We've got some stuff in from the States called "Fleabusters" and want to do the deed in the next few days, while the moon is still waning.

My question is: what house rules fleas? I figure it's either the 6th house, as a pestilence, or the 7th house as our enemies, or even the 11th house as our daughter's enemies. Saturn is the natural significator I figure as it rules lice.

I want to pick a good time to launch the attack but am hampered by my uncertainty as to which house ruler to assign to the fleas. In this instance, because it is an attack, I'm leaning toward the 7th but keep looking at the 6th ...

Can anyone help?

Tara
Last edited by Tara on Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Alanna,
in my view definitely the 6th, for the reason you surmised: they are carriers of disease. The 7th doesn't fit, since the 7th is an open enemy, i.e. someone who deliberately stands against you. Since fleas probably don't have an idea that you even exist, then they aren't deliberately attacking you so I think we can rule out the 7th.
The 6th house has dominion over all those things that cause trouble, strife and vexation to the body, so this seems like the logical choice to me.

Welcome to the forum :)
====
Pete

Hi Alanna,

Welcome to the forum!

I think that?s a good point Pete and relevant in a lot of situations. But on the other hand, in this particular situation, even though the fleas aren?t deliberately attacking Alanna, she is planning on deliberately attacking them. So this seems like a chart where the rules for hunting down animals or foes apply ? and the ?hunted? does seem to be traditionally signified by the 7th house.

Of course that?s just my opinion. We don?t have a specific house for fleas but Saturn, Pisces and Capricorn are traditionally related to their signification.

Since the fleas are connected to the cat, which would fall under the 6th house, could they perhaps be the sixth from the sixth...ie something adverse to the body of the 6th house cat?

Fleas Redux

Thanks Pete and Deb. You've both given me something to think about. And thank you Virgolass for suggesting I look at 6th from 6th (11th; which is also my daughter's enemies), but the simpler the better for this neophyte Horary enthusiast.

I think I'll launch my attack with the 7th house ruler in the 8th house.

Wish me luck!
:' Tara
Last edited by Tara on Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pete wrote:Hi Alanna,

The 6th house has dominion over all those things that cause trouble, strife and vexation to the body, so this seems like the logical choice to me.

====
Pete

That was always my understanding too. 6th House rules vermin and pests and such like, things that cause us vexation and trouble.

Interestingly, the year I had a solar return Sun in the Sixth, exactly square Mars, I was plagued with dust mites, causing a rash that took over 12 months to heal; also cockroaches that infested my apartment through the drain system; they kept coming back again and again; at exactly the time of my next solar return, they completely disappeared and have not been back since- could be coincidence, but still, a striking one.

I've come up with a good Flea Attack chart I think -- Oct. 21 at 2:46 pm EDT, Toronto. Chart has Cancer on both 6 and 7, so the Moon combust in the 8th house represents the fleas. Saturn, signifying us as the Mighty Hunters, is in the 7th house. Saturn has much more strength than the Moon and it is the Saturn hour of Saturn day. Also the 8th from the 7th (death of the hunted) is ruled by Jupiter on the MC which represents the outcome or "cure".

Here's hoping.

Hi Deb,
even though the fleas aren?t deliberately attacking Alanna, she is planning on deliberately attacking them. So this seems like a chart where the rules for hunting down animals or foes apply ? and the ?hunted? does seem to be traditionally signified by the 7th house.
Yes, you're absolutely right, given that Alanna is looking for a decent inception chart to attack the fleas. I mistakenly was thinking in horary terms when I chose the 6th house. I'll go with you on this: 7th house it is. :)

Cheers...
Pete