planets and metals

Hi forum,

I'm reading Mircea Eliade's "The Forge and the Crucible, the origins and structure of alchemy" and a few questions keep nagging at me.... about metals and their planetary natures, and the role/goal of the planets and Nature in alchemy.

:???:

Is anyone here interested in discussing the planets, metals and alchemy?
I'm more than hesitant to join an alchemy forum (not willing to talk dogma with a group of freemasons perhaps?) although I maintain contact with my teachers - but they are travelling at present.

peace, pm

Kim thanks for your reply :D Yes, its a bit of an ask isn't it? :shock:

The alchemy lab site is HUGE and very interesting and useful - I've been in touch with Adam McLean from time to time and he put me on to a group of alchemists online - from there I met teachers at Paracelsus College - and here I am... I actually prefer the company of astrologers to most 'alchemists' mostly because there's no religion in astrology (as far as I know! please don't anyone shock me now :) ).... oh I have URanus at 0 libra, I'm a teensy bit rebellious lol.

Well, its still worth a try..

joy, pm

hi primamateria

for me astrology and alchemy are the royal arts, and their marriage seems logical and most natural. gathering heaven and earth together seems to be my great work. but i am deeply religious, though not dogmatic and more along the gnostic thread, so i hope that doesn't put you off. i am most interested in medieval arabic astrology and alchemy.

love and peace

al Habashi
(the mighty armed Ethiopian!)

I'm wondering about groups of web-links on this 'Hermetic' topic. Thus if we try to experience the Sun/gold interconnection, how about these:

Alchemy: www.skyscript.co.uk/metal3.html
Purple gold:
www.levity.com/alchemy/kollerstrom_purple_gold.html
Gold and the 7 metals: www.levity.com/alchemy/kollerstrom_sevenfold.html
Gold chromatograms:
www.anth.org.uk/Science/kolisko/gold.htm
Heart-beat of the Sun:
www.celestial-sphere.com/astronomy/the_sun.html
In medicine:
www.colloidalgold.com

Or, for that between copper and Venus:
Alchemy: www.skyscript.co.uk/metal2.html
Harmony of Venus: www.skyscript.co.uk/venusrose.html
Astronomy: www.celestial-sphere.com/astronomy/venus.html
More on Venus? harmony:
www.celestial-sphere.com/astronomy/kiss_of_venus.html
www.celestial-sphere.com/astronomy/venu ... halos.html
Using copper on the land: www.implementations.co.uk
Its many other uses: www.copper.org, plus

I think of these as the 'seven pillars of wisdom' which link together earth and sky.