Solar eclipse of September 22. 2006

Watch for late effects from this powerful annular eclipse. I often observed significant seismic events 47 days (+/- 2 days) after the eclipse. This gives a target date Nov.8 - which by coincidence also is the day after the US election for the house of representatives. The eclipse is ruled by Mercury who presently is retrograde.

LOL an earthquake on election day would be somewhat humorous to this Southern California girl. I'd certainly like to see the GOP shaken up.
I'll be sure to get some water at the store this weekend and check up on my supplies...

Granny

I forget which year but Norway suffered a significant earthquake one day prior to an election that caused a political landslide a few years back. One to the central politicians was called Lahnsten - pronounced Landsten - meaning Land-stone. Her party traditionally represented the farmers and her issues were mainly of the 4th house and home ground. I wonder whether one of the central questions in this instance was regarding membership in the EU - which Norwegians have turned down twice.

We have a discussion re stockmarkets going in another forum here. I haven't quite given up on the major downswing of the markets yet. The tops indicated for Oct.26-28. are holding so far - and could be that US markets are in the process of breaking down this evening.

When one thing goes wrong several things often go wrong. There may be several coinciding events - maybe some natural catastrophy - but US investors bucking out of the market after possible republican defeat could be one effect.

I really think it will happen post election, I think its being held up artificially at the moment, I would love to hear what the EU papers are saying about the elections on the 7th and 8th if it occurs to anyone to pass that along. I'm keeping an eye on 87, I dont like that prop, even though a lot of politicians I like are supporting it, I think it is poorly proposed. the idea is great, its the construction of the bill itself that is sorely lacking.

Granny
PS, you can keep track of earthquakes around the world here
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/rec ... usuham.php