Animodar Rectification.

Hi.

I am wondering what results you all get when using this method of rectification in your own and other charts, and consequently what your opinion of this method is.

This method gives me an Ascendant which is five degrees later than the rising degree of my given birth time.

I take my birth time from the time given by my mother, who had a caesarian section operation scheduled for 18:00. As she had never been under the knife before, this was a memorable event and the time stands out in her memory. However, if the operation proceeded at 18:00, then I assume, although I do not know the average time of such an operation, that I would have been born some minutes after. None the less, I use the given birth time of 18:00, as even if this was not the precise time of my entrance into the world, it was still the time for which my arrival was scheduled, so is still a very significant moment as to the onset of my life.

My rectified chart, as per Animodar method, gives the birth time as 18:11, which just a little after 18:00, and given the fact that the operation may have taken a few minutes and that it may not have proceeded until a little after 18:00, this birth time would seem quite feasible.

I just wondered, for those of you who have birth times, or children's birth times, which are unshakeably precise to the minute, then how does this rectification method hold up to the facts?

Hi, Draco,

I have birth time recorded as 2:00pm, which I would like to confirm, as it does not coincide with my mother's and grandmother's memory. I have used Animodar method, but at the moment of the pre-natal new Moon, there are 2 planets with equal number of points for essential dignities - Mars and Saturn. When I move my MC to conjunct Saturn, I get the time which is around 20 min after the recorded time. If I take Mars, it would be much later. I feel that results have to be confirmed by using multiple methods, and transits. However, I have not been very successful with transits so far, and Animodar results do not agree completely with the results of Trutina Hermetis I got.
I don't know if you can consider the time you were scheduled to be born, actually, I've never thought of this before. I was scheduled to be born on January 10th, but was born on the 14th. Is January 10th important for my life? Somehow I find this difficult to accept.
As for the accuracy of recorded birth times, I am not too sure they can be 100% accurate at all. In fact, what moment should be considered as birth time ? I think the moment we should take is the one that can be proven to correspond with later developments in life, as well as physical appearance and character. The difficult part is to determine it exactly.

Hi Lyra and Annushka.

Firstly I made a mistake earlier when I said that when I rectify my chart via the Animodar method that the adjusted birth time becomes 18:11 from 18:00. It does in fact become 17:58, just two minutes earlier, which is even closer.
I have used Animodar method, but at the moment of the pre-natal new Moon, there are 2 planets with equal number of points for essential dignities - Mars and Saturn. When I move my MC to conjunct Saturn, I get the time which is around 20 min after the recorded time. If I take Mars, it would be much later.
Yes, this is a problem I have encountered. I feel that in this case the best thing to do is to opt for the planet with the highest ranking dignity. For example, if one planet is in it's domicile, and the other in it's triplicity and term, then I'd opt for the planet it it's domicle than the planet of equal score by the adding together of two lesser dignities. There may be a proper technique for choosing between two such planet's, which I would like to hear of if anyone knows, but this is the way I'm doing it for the time being, as yet knowing no better.
I don't know if you can consider the time you were scheduled to be born, actually, I've never thought of this before. I was scheduled to be born on January 10th, but was born on the 14th. Is January 10th important for my life?
Perhaps it is. Who knows? Why not? I was sheduled to be born on August 24th, but I seemed reluctant to arrive into the world, so I was born under the knife three weeks later on September 15th. I feel that the date we are meant to arrive could well be significant, after all, a lot of mental energy via parents, written notes etc. is directed toward this date, it is a time of special focus and anticipation and it is directly associated with us, so perhaps there may be some astrological significance that could be attributed to it, even if we do not know quite what.

In fact there are a great many dates prior to and after birth that could be regarded as special astrologically, not just conception or our first breath. What if the time of our first stirrings within our mother's womb was recorded, might this reflect upon how we are to move independantly through the life? What of the time of our first word, could this show a chart that may express how we are inclined to communicate? Our first feed? Our first step?

I still feel that the time that my mother's operation was scheduled is a significant time astrologically, and in the absence of any other definates, the most significant, even if this was not the time of my first breath, simply because there was so much mental energy and anticipation directed towards this time by my mother watching the clock awaiting her operation, and this moment especially concerned me and my arrival into the world.

What is the right moment from which to calculate a horoscope anyway? The breaking of water? First contraction? first emergence of the crown? First breath? Cutting the cord? All of these moments are laden with symbolic significance.

I do often wonder if when the medieval and ancient astrologers were utilising these rectification techniques, whether it was their actual objective to pinpoint a more accurate birth time, or did they in fact seek only a more significant time from which to reckon the chart, regardless of what was occuring at this moment? They may have considered such a chart to work better for the purposes of astrological investigation. I believe this is perhaps so, although it isn't suited to the thinking of our age, obsessed with accuracy over significance, quantities over qualities, science over faith.

Using the rectification methods of the Trutina and Animodar, gives us something to work with as a matter of faith, if that faith is allowed, we no longer need worry as much over questions of accuracy or quantities.

How do we know that the birth time given to us by such methods did not correspond to some very significant moment or occurance within us, that anchored us into the world and made us truly incarnate? Must this moment be the first breath or the same instance for us all?

In any case, why must we have one chart and one chart only to work with?

Just my thoughts.

With my chart there was a two degree difference from the genuine degree of my ascendant. As for me I love animodar. Much more than Trutina Hermetis frankly speaking...
When I rectify my chart via the Trutina Hermetis, the Moon was in Pisces, so I must have Pisces at the Ascendant. My given birth time has Aquarius rising.

However, I then use the Animodar method, and when I alter the Sagittarian MC to the degree and minute of the altumen of the pre-natal lunation, in adjusting the MC, the Ascendant is necessarily adjusted back to Aquarius, and gives me a birth time just two minutes prior to the 'standard' time, and just one degree back from the degree of Aquarius given by that time.

Those of us who obtain results so close to the given birth time are the one's who seem to like this method, but even those who are given results at great varience from the given time, I wonder if it should matter?

I do not feel that the time which results from this method is necessarily an accurate birth time, I'm not sure this is it's purpose, perhaps rather just a significant moment, the meaning of which may elude us but the significance of which is there to be explored or ignored.

Draco :wink:

Hi everyone,

This animodar method is completely new to me. I applied the formula to my birth chart after reading the glossary definition of animodar here on skyscript with the result that my ASC moves from 29 Scorpio to 28 Libra! A whole new birth chart results.

Am I meant to think that this is an accurate reflection of when I was actually born?
Last edited by Tara on Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I applied the formula to my birth chart after reading the glossary definition of animodar here on skyscript with the result that my ASC moves from 29 Scorpio to 28 Libra! A whole new birth chart results.

Am I meant to think that this is an accurate reflection of when I was actually born?
No, not at all, which is what my argument is about. If you re-read my last post, I'm saying that this may not actually matter.

Deb,

thankyou for the link. :wink: