Putin's lunar nodes and the conflict in Ukraine

Putin's Leo-Aquarius lunar nodes axis, with Pluto up the Leo end, reflects the opposition between Putin as a multi-billionare autocratic dictator with a nostalgia for Tsarism in opposition to the Aquarian others such as EU and NATO. Being anchored down at the Leo end of that axis, a projection occurs. (I'm using a midday chart for October 7th 1952, St.Petersburg)

This notion of the Aquarius north node being projected was triggered for me by a photo of Putin sitting at one end of an inordinately long table with the President of France at the other. France being the country which ended its monarchy in the 18th century, gave us the slogan 'Liberty, brotherhood and equality', and which was a founder member of the very Aquarian EU. It was that photo which made me take a look at a midday chart for Putin

To cut a longer story short, Saturn transits to his Pluto-lunar nodes axis combination have coincided with very significant developments leading up to the recent full on invasion of Ukraine, at the beginning of which Saturn was conjunct the north node. Interestingly, Putin's progressed Mars is also conjunct his Aquarian north node at the moment.

On the one hand it's not surprising he's gone for broke, and on the other it's not surprising he's made such a strategic blunder. It is possible not a good time to test one's destiny when, one way or another, Saturn and Mars are both sitting on the lunar nodes axis.

Underestimating resistance from those carrying the Aquarian projection was always on the cards (Jupiter is natally square his lunar nodes axis). What is very interesting is the way his actions have resulted in the increased likelihood of Germany's re-armament, and has amplified the signal regarding the possibility of an effective EU armed forces coming into being. It's as if his progressed Mars has been projected too, and is playing itself out within the sphere of the 'Aquarian other'.

Anyway, Saturn has just begun an opposition to his natal Pluto, which will probably coincide with events which make him very aware of the limits to his own power. Somewhat worryingly, Uranus will be in transit square to that lunar nodes axis later this year, while progressed Mars in on the north node, and Saturn is opposite Pluto. Let's hope he's not as unstable as we are being led to believe.

hi bill

thanks for the post... i am looking at it in sidereal, so it looks different... i have often thought putins pluto was a very important planet in his chart.. it is the planet rising before the sun and said to be a vocational indicator... as it turns out he is a powerful world leader, for better or worse depending on how saturated in the western msm one is...

the south node is said to be the past and where we are coming from, while the north node is what we are moving towards.. any time saturn is in aspect to pluto, it is a more challenging dynamic.. we have gone thru this the past few years with the saturn-pluto conjunction.. in fact i felt this conjunction in 2020 would possibly lead to war, but it was covid instead - a type of war depending on how you look at it, but of a different nature.. what doesn't kill you makes you stronger..

at the same time pluto in putins chart is in a positive relationship to saturn, so i suspect the push- pull of this transit is something putin can work out and in fact, i think he is!

it remains to be seen how all this works out astrologically.. i know what all the western talking heads say, but i like playing devils advocate, lol... politically i think more like mick wallace and clare daly! cheers james

ps - i like the 846am oct 7 1952 chart for putin..essentially the timing for feb 24th invasion coincides with pluto square the ascendant degree in putins chart.. its on..

Re: "i have often thought putins pluto was a very important planet in his chart..."

Based on Isaac Starkman's rectification of Putin's chart, there is a 0° 1' Pluto-MC conjunction.

Putin Vladimir
Natal Chart
Oct 7 1952
9:35:52 AM
R2T -03:00:00
St Peterburg
Russia
30e15'00 59n55'00

I am looking at it in sidereal, so it looks different...
Yes, so what you see in Putin's chart will not be exactly the same as what I see. However, I don't have any problem with the differences, because I don't believe any 'meanings' are intrinsic to the horoscope. Instead, I believe meanings emerge when an astrologer engages with whatever symbolism 'speaks to them' and maps that symbolism onto their understanding of the context. So there are a lot of variables involved in the astrological process. William Blake once wrote "As a man is, so he sees", and I'm inclined to agree. Each astrologer will see according to their own nature, preferred tools, and so on. The main thing is whether what is 'seen', in other words the astrologers interpretation, has any functional value. Does it illuminate the context? The answer to that question is not determined by the tools they are using.

When I decided to take a look at Putin's chart, prompted by the photo of him with Macron, the tropical zodiac Leo-Aquarius lunar nodes axis hopped out at me. The fact that Saturn was on the north node at the time of the invasion of Ukraine, and that that invasion was not going as expected for Putin, led me to take a deeper look. In some respects, the zodiac signs of the nodes could be seen as of secondary significance to the potential relevance of the Saturn transit, though I do like the idea of Saturn being projected onto, and experienced through the impact of the 'Aquarian other'.

i have often thought putins pluto was a very important planet in his chart.. it is the planet rising before the sun and said to be a vocational indicator... as it turns out he is a powerful world leader, for better or worse depending on how saturated in the western msm one is...
One point I made in my original 'invisible post' was how the current Saturn transit in opposition to Putin's Pluto is happening a Saturn half-cycle since an important turning point for Putin which happened on February 10th 2007. The event was a speech he gave at the Munich Security Conference which created shock waves at the time for western observers.

In an article published recently on politico.com entitled 'The Speech In Which Putin Told Us Who He Was', the authors state:

"Putin’s speech came as a shock to those who had invested substantial effort in working with Russia to include it in a post-Cold War global stability system – and, at the time, still believed this was possible. A decade and a half later, a massive Russian military build-up in and around Ukraine is capable of striking at any moment. We should not now be surprised or confused. He made clear his intentions already in 2007. ... Whether or not Putin launches a major new invasion of Ukraine, he has rejected the post-Cold War European security architecture and means it. He is on a deliberate and dedicated path to build a greater Russia, an empire where the Soviet Union once stood."
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... 7-00009918

So this speech happened when Saturn was conjunct Putin's Pluto, and had been hovering around his lunar south node in Leo (or Cancer as you see it!) since late 2006. During the same period, Pluto was conjunct Putin's Mars by transit ...

The Saturn-Pluto conjunction symbolises the manifestation of Putin's power urge and efforts to transform what he perceives as the toxic legacy for Russia of post Cold War diplomacy and its associated dynamics.

There too at the time of the Munich speech is Neptune on the lunar north node, symbolising the subversion of cooperation and the dissolving of associations. This transit potentially indicates a time of deceit and heightened delusion, especially while square natal Jupiter, the kind of combination which can easily lead to myths trumping reality.

On August 1st 2008, Putin sent troops into Georgia. At the time, the lunar nodes axis was exactly mirroring their position at the time of his birth (19 degrees Leo-Aquarius or sidereally Cancer-Capricorn)

When Saturn was square Putin's natal Pluto, he invaded and annexed the Crimea (in February 2014). This event is commonly seen as the beginning of the Russo-Ukrainian war.

It's interesting that Saturn should be opposite his Pluto at the moment, as if it is the culmination phase of circumstances set in motion at the time of his Munich speech. It's perhaps the end game for his expansionist plans - a line is being drawn by a sufficient slice of the international community.

at the same time pluto in putins chart is in a positive relationship to saturn, so i suspect the push- pull of this transit is something putin can work out and in fact, i think he is!
I'm not so sure about that. The stellium of Sun, Saturn, Neptune and Mercury all square Uranus doesn't make for an easy or stable relationship with Saturn. The Pluto is only widely in sextile aspect to Saturn, but is counterbalanced by the square from Jupiter. To me that Jupiter-Pluto square smacks of potential hubris, particularly while 'trigger happy' progressed Mars is on his north lunar node. I think Putin realises he has reached some sort of limit.
it remains to be seen how all this works out astrologically.. i know what all the western talking heads say, but i like playing devils advocate, lol... politically i think more like mick wallace and clare daly!
Ha ha! I'm surprised you've heard of them. Those two are a real thorn in the side for anyone trying to hide from their own hypocrisy. In case you haven't read it, in the article below they explain why they voted against the EU resolution re: Ukraine. There's a 'fly in the ointment' vibe about the pair of them, and they don't do subtlety!
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/mick ... -1.4816676

thanks atlantean (- james) and bill...

i am going to stick with the 846am time, even though pluto is in a 12 degree conjunction to midheaven, as opposed to isaacs rectification with pluto exact on the midheaven...

bill - i like what you say and hear what you are saying in your Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:13 pm post... the only quibble i would have is the quote "that the invasion was not going as expected for Putin"... i realize this is what the western msm is telling people regularly, but how would they know?? that is like me saying ' you don't like the way this conversation is going'... i can say anything i want, but it doesn't make it so...

regarding your Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:18 pm post - thanks for giving an example of the importance of the saturn cycle and how this cycle is not considered as much as it ought to be... i think that is very relevant here..

as for your Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:39 pm post... i think this is valuable what you are doing with the saturn-pluto connections back to putins chart and the timing of events... that i appreciate and like, astrologically... but as for the conclusions you make - people see what they want to see.. it doesn't hurt if they are encouraged to see things a certain way by being bombarded by propaganda 24-7 either... now, maybe you don't see it this way, but that is how i see it... and quoting a politico article counts for next to nothing as i see it... a far better perspective would be one grounded in history, and not a short one either that picks out events to suit a prearranged idea...

regarding your Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:45 pm post, i thought you might get a kick out of me mentioning something more local for you! i like what they have to say and like where they are coming from... the world needs more people like those 2 as i see it..
https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/0306/12847 ... lare-daly/
at no time did any of the european poodles encourage ukraine to support the minsk agreement, or to say - ukraine can't be a part of nato... nato has been a very successful tool of usa foreign policy.. it is of no help to europe though and this is something the european leaders don't seem to care about either! is that blackmail or some form of bribery in action? it is all so very fascinating how the usa's unipolar reality is running into turbulence and interference as we move forward here..

bill, i would be curious what astro connections you make to russias involvement in syria coincided around sept 2015... also, you might like to consider putins chart for natos invasion of libya march 19 2011.... putin and russia supported United Nations Security Council Resolution 1970 on 26 February 2011.. i am sure in retrospect putin and russia would never have signed onto that, if russia was in a more powerful position to prevent that from happening... and finally - march 24, 1999 with NATO bombing of Yugoslavia... what was happening in putins chart then? you see, i think these events are also of critical importance as to why we find the world in the place it is today... and by all means we can look at all of this from a number of different angles - via important people, countries and etc astrologically speaking..

as i have said previously - this is a proxy war between usa and russia... anyone who thinks this is about ukraine is seeing it very differently then i here..

thanks for the comments - astrological ones in particular... cheers..

Hi James
the only quibble i would have is the quote "that the invasion was not going as expected for Putin"... i realize this is what the western msm is telling people regularly, but how would they know??
Well it doesn't really matter whether the invasion is going as expected or not. The fact is that, whether or not Putin was expecting it, the Ukrainians are putting up some stiff resistance (I don't think that can be debated, surely?), and there have been massive sanctions which are designed to create obstacles and undermine Putin's ability to manifest his power urge. To me, either way, it is consistent with Saturn opposing his natal Pluto.

As regards the western mainstream media, of course they are presenting the conflict in a particular way, and being manipulated in one direction or another by information sources and editorial policy. On the other hand, which media resources do you prefer, and why would they not be subject to the same critique? I imagine you don't rely on Russian news sources for an unbiased description of the reality in Ukraine.
as for the conclusions you make - people see what they want to see.. ... and quoting a politico article counts for next to nothing as i see it... a far better perspective would be one grounded in history, and not a short one either that picks out events to suit a prearranged idea...
OK, let me go one step further and give you a direct link to Putin's Munich speech. That will ground the perspective in history for you. Have a look at that, and tell me that he wasn't giving the finger to NATO and the USA, and drawing a line under post cold war diplomatic arrangements. You'll enjoy it, I'm sure. It is again very consistent with a Saturn transit conjunct Pluto, while Pluto was in transit conjunct Mars, and Neptune was on the lunar north node.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ58Yv6kP44

bill, i would be curious what astro connections you make to russias involvement in syria coincided around sept 2015... also, you might like to consider putins chart for natos invasion of libya march 19 2011.... putin and russia supported United Nations Security Council Resolution 1970 on 26 February 2011.. i am sure in retrospect putin and russia would never have signed onto that, if russia was in a more powerful position to prevent that from happening... and finally - march 24, 1999 with NATO bombing of Yugoslavia... what was happening in putins chart then? you see, i think these events are also of critical importance as to why we find the world in the place it is today... and by all means we can look at all of this from a number of different angles - via important people, countries and etc astrologically speaking..
I have not been studying Russia's history, nor that of the USSR, nor NATO nor the USA, and don't know enough to begin a proper astrological analysis. There's a lot of preparatory work involved in the practice of political astrology. In my way of doing things, I need to establish which horoscopes associated with a nation state's historical narrative are astrologically inter-connected and still alive. That involves a lot of research. So I need to be highly motivated to begin the journey, a state that was more common in my past (I have not been active writing about mundane astrology for a good number of years now, due to time consuming family commitments). Nowadays I usually find myself tumbling down a rabbit hole because I am following an intuition. For example, the reason I am posting about Putin is because I saw a photo in the media that piqued my attention. It prompted me to look at Putin's chart. I then saw quite striking astrological symbolism, in the sense that it reflected his actions in relation to the unfolding story in Ukraine. When that happens, I know I'm 'switched on' as an astrologer. If I follow 'signs'/intuitions/hunches, and land on my feet, then I know I'm in the right place and take the ball and run with it.
as i have said previously - this is a proxy war between usa and russia... anyone who thinks this is about ukraine is seeing it very differently then i here..
It may well be, but I was interested in how the transits and progressions in Putin's chart corresponded with certain events in his life as an autocratic and all powerful leader. What is not in dispute is that Putin ordered a full invasion of Ukraine, and it has had global reverberations. That is the chapter in the story currently being written, and it's the one about Ukraine.

thanks for the comments - astrological ones in particular... cheers..
You're welcome!

thanks bill

regarding media sources, you might enjoy this article.. without going into details, it will help you understand that when i read the local national broadcaster cbc - i pay attention to the sources for the articles...i will just say that much for now..

https://swprs.org/the-propaganda-multiplier/

i get info and ''news'' a number of ways, but it is because i am curious to hear both sides of any story and any in-between ideas as well that i am willing to look further.. as i said previously without any historical understanding, a person is not going to be able to properly understand world dynamics regardless what part of the world is being considered.. in essence mundane astrology requires this.. of course i think it really helps for natal astrology too!

regarding the 2007 putin speech you've linked to - again with the context - one can say or interpret it any way they want... saying he was giving the finger to usa-nato, is basically the same as saying usa-nato have been giving russia the finger since after the cold war ended - 1990.... without an understanding of history, we can say anything we want! as it happens, i don't enjoy listening and watching, but prefer reading transcripts.. here is a transcript of the 2007 munich speech for anyone interested..

https://aldeilis.net/english/putins-his ... licy-2007/

i did find the comment section to the youtube link you shared worthwhile reading.. it drew my attention to this - https://www.nato.int/cps/en/natolive/of ... s_8443.htm from 2008, specifically point 23 - "NATO welcomes Ukraine’s and Georgia’s Euro-Atlantic aspirations for membership in NATO. We agreed today that these countries will become members of NATO. "

that putins munich speech happened on the saturn-neptune opposition, close to his natal pluto-nodes axis is interesting... do you think anyone was listening to him back then? do you think anyone is listening to him now?? it is interesting a couple of follow up speeches in 2014 coincide with saturn at the exact square to his natal pluto- nodal axis.. i am not sure if you mentioned this, but it gives these dates in the link here -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_sp ... imir_Putin

a saturn transit to the north node is said to increase the level of responsibility and a sense of leadership.. at the same time it is taxing.. i am sure this is where putin finds himself at this moment... apparently his popularity ratings inside russia are higher then ever before.. basically the exact opposite of bidens ratings as saturn moves towards his natal south node...

fwiw - some alternative news sources..
- https://readingjunkie.com/2022/04/02/we ... illing-us/

https://thedreizinreport.com/2022/03/31 ... -30-years/

https://www.indianpunchline.com/donbass ... tleground/

Bill Sheeran, of the radical astrology website?

If so, is that site still active? I am a big fan of your linked charts, better to explain the unfolding of mundane events.

James, I personally support the Oct. 7, 1952 birth date and 9:30/9:35 ToB. I've worked with that chart a fair bit and think it's radical-- in the other horoscopic sense. Tass gives Putin's DoB as Oct. 7, 1952, and that's when it is observed in Russia.

I don't normally rely on personal appearance to peg a rising sign, but Scorpio truly fits Putin, especially if you look at pictures of a young Putin-- very guarded expressions. Then there's the KGB agent, which fits that rising sign and his 8th house moon in Gemini-- hidden (8th) intelligence-gathering (Gemini.)

hi waybread

thanks for your input.. i know how astrologers get attached to their views and charts... you've mentioned how you like this 930-935am time for putins chart a number of times..

i can't remember if i told you the basis for the charts that i like... it was some time ago that i was made aware of an astrologer group, or astrology association in russia that had made a contest of rectifying putins chart and came up with the 2 winners - 835 and 846am.. now, maybe they didn't have isaac starkmans retification program polaris, or maybe they had a bit more personal data to pull from, or - one can imagine a lot of possibilities) and so it goes with birth times for people we can't be sure about..

i am presently liking the 846am chart more then the 835am chart, but both are libra rising using the sidereal or tropical zodiac.. both charts have a moon in taurus in the 8th house.. both charts have mercury rising - the ruler of the 9th and 12th houses. the 846am time has mars in sag exact sextile to the ascendant degree..

i suppose we could dig down deeper into all of this on a separate thread... i like bills observations on the nodal axis and think they have a lot of merit in spite of the quesion around an accurate birth time for putin..