MarkF

MarkF I was mainly babbling, because these are the kind of information that doesn?t allow us to identify the person, as they are inner oriented, and I believe Tom don?t know him, so I just got lazy to write it down. But they all are thoughts about the position of the asc/ruler of asc and his aspects.
Bye, Yuzuru

Astrojin, as always, excelent work of delineation.

Mystery Chart

As the identity of the mystery person is due to unveiled tomorrow, I seem to have left this to the last minute.

Some thoughts on looking at this mystery chart.

First, which planets are strong, which are weak? It is a daytime chart with all three of the diurnal planets above the horizon. Of these Saturn and Jupiter are in masculine signs, while the Sun is weakened by being in feminine Cancer yet the mutual reception between Jupiter and the Sun will go far to nullify this apparent weakness. The other above-the-horizon classical planets, Venus and Mars, are nocturnal bodies out in the daytime and hence out of their natural environment, both are in signs in which they are debilitated. The Moon is appropriately below the horizon but weakened by being in a masculine sign. Finally, Mercury is high in the sky but quickly moving into combustion. In summary, Saturn and Jupiter will tend to be strongly positive influences in the life; the Sun will also be positive although perhaps not fully 100%; the Moon at best will be only moderately helpful, Venus and Mars will act as strong malefics, while Mercury may be helpful early on but less so later.

The Ascendant ruler is Venus, who is debilitated by sign and out of place as a nocturnal planet above the horizon in a diurnal chart. She is further afflicted by her close connection by aspect to the debilitated Mars. The Moon coming to the Ascendant suggests fluctuations in the individual?s moods and personality. She is closely paran the Sun, both lights applying to an angle, and is translating the Sun?s strength to the 9th house Saturn.

The Jupiter-Pluto conjunction and the North Node in Leo, the 11th sign from the Ascendant, suggest a very large income from the individual?s profession. The Moon in the 1st house rules the 10th of profession and status. The individual?s status in life is therefore entirely due to his own efforts.

The native is now 63 years old. This is a time when this person is likely to receive several honors but at the same time likely to react to added responsibilities by becoming increasingly depressed. I would expect that before his next birthday he will announce his resignation and retirement.

Cenned

Hello,

One last observation,

In my first post to this thread, I mentioned about his hyleg, longevity etc., and (I don't wish to repeat here), I showed that although he has a long life (by Alchocoden method), he has very "afflicted" Venus coupled with afflicted Mars (all have everything to do with his Asc and the 8th house - by position or rulership), which both mean life threatening event during 1992-1994 (give or take ...).

I forgot to mention that Venus is exalted ruler of 6th (which means sickness among other things) and also first trip ruler of 6th house (which specifically means sickness). With Venus connected to asc and 8th house, we can predict that sickness was the problem that he had during those period which was really life threatening (if it didn't wipe him). But Mars is also in the 8th (whole sign), does this mean accident? I would vote on Venus (because she is more emphasized). Remember also that Venus was in paran to Alcyone when he was born, Alcyone being the star of "something to cry about". Mars happens to be in t he sign of Venus (and detriment), probably the sickness was something to do with Mars, fire (fever?), metals, head, blood, genital organs (all ruled by Mars), ???

Error Notice

I said earlier that the native had aremarkably balanced temperament by using Frawley's method. I made a blunder. He is definitely more sanguine by both methods used. Sorry about that.

Tom

Hello again,

Tom, thanks for the temperament and manners help. You are right, the balanced temperament doesn?t aid me much in isolating his professional choices.
Also I agree with those who see the Sun ? Moon square as important. How does a balanced, steady individual express that angular aspect?
I'd say with verve, and they don?t shy away from a crisis ? tension/crisis are second nature?.?balanced, steady? = constructively

I went back to his secondary progressions to see what I could find when Mercury emerged from under the Sun beams. I expect that, barring some other obstruction, this would be a time when his professional talents would become visible to a wider audience.

What I found: Mercury began emerging from USB (making a phasis 14, 15 and 16 degrees from Sun) at age 20 through 24 years. Simultaneously, progressed Sun came to conjunction with prog Jupiter at 6Leo, both were soon joined by the prog Moon (without obstructions) and prog MC conjunct natal Jupiter. This probably describes a wonderful triumph for him (ongoing Jupiter effects due to its natal phasis condition, mutual reception with Sun with aspect, exalt ruler of MC all in 10th) and the beginning of a new period of his career where his professional talents had much greater visibility.

At the same time, progressed Venus remains in partile trine to prog Mars, with reception (prog 16 & 15Virgo). The partile trine is in the birth chart. At birth, Venus? motion is slowing down to station RX, therefore has remained in partile trine to Mars since birth. Normally, we would expect Venus to separate from Mars. To travel together in close trine at similar speeds for such an extended time frame is a rare occurrence, adding increased importance and involvement of Mars (than I had previously noticed). LoA-Venus (him) is perpetually linked in harmonious aspect with L7-Mars (partners and/or opponents). Now I have to re-visit his Mars giving it more weight.

Natally, his relevant planets are all in civilized signs with the exception of Mars and Jupiter which are in bestial (four footed) signs. Natal Mars is partile square Jupiter from 7th to 10th. He is a civilized man whose martial partners/opponents address forceful challenges to him professionally to which he responds with strategic power and force. His Mars-Jupiter square is second in closeness only to the Sun-Moon square, both squares are angular. Tension is second nature and somewhat consuming - he could be a tour de force.

In a recent thread, there was a discussion about Morinus? technique for an unopposed planet to function as if it were in the opposite house. If Morinus is correct then his Mars functions as if in the 1st.

At this point, I would add (to my previous post) the martial factor to his Mercury (contests) profession.

Regards,
AlexMc

Tom,

I did not see your error post changing balanced to sanguine until after I made my last post

OK, so I will change my answer to your question from "with verve" to 'with verve and thoughtfulness'. :lol:

I also made some mistakes with the temperament. Now I still see the person as overall strongly sanguine, but with a streak of choleric from the Moon and the Sun.

Did anyone notice that the antiscia of Mercury is with Saturn, and that the antiscia of Saturn is with Mercury? Antiscia are supposed to be like an opposition or square, so that?s bad for Mercury in particular.

Saturn is also conjunct Bellatrix, the left shoulder of Orion, a first magnitude star of the nature of Mars-Mercury. With Saturn means ?Secluded and studious life, reserved, thoughtful, unfavorable for gain owing to lack of interest, poverty at end of life, often single but if married the partner may die young, no children. (Robson).?

Saturn is closer by latitude to Capella, but not by longitude as Capella is very far north. It?s the goat that the charioteer is carrying. Again it?s of the nature of Mars-Mercury, though it seems to have more associations with Mercury.

Taken together these stars add a bit of to the character of a scholar and thinker that we?ve all noted.

The antiscia of Saturn with Mercury would seem to add more problems to the person?s career and intellect. It would make him wary of revealing his true feelings. Being sanguine by temperament this could come out as a person who?s very glib but lies a lot. Since Mercury rules his career, the person could be kind of deceptive to work for or around. That streak of choleric could mean a person who verbally lashes out in an insulting way.
Mark F