Many thanks to Sissi and Granny for your comments.
England adopted the Gregorian Calendar in 1752, the 2nd of Sept. was followed by by 14th September.
All astrology progammes only show the calendar reform by Pope Gregory XIII, so 2nd Sept doesnt count, as it is already 14th September 1752.
So if we tap in this date, time 00:00 we find that Alnilam is in paran with the Asc.
There are three stars that form the centre of the Orion being Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka, obviously Alnilam is in the centre.
There is a lot of crap on the internet regarding secret faiths, some of which only want to knock America.
Yet i feel that most here have read books by Robert Bauval, who i would consider moderate without an axe to grind, and is very informative on secret faiths.....the book that comes to mind is Graham Hancock & Robert Bauval called Talisman (Sacred Cities, Secret Faith).
Alnilam is a star that he has done a great deal of research on regarding the ancient Egyptian religion, and he claims that this star is connected to Osiris.
It is interesting that the Consuls of Rome took office when Sirius was the Heliacal Setting Star, on the other hand when the High Commisioner and Commander in Chief for Palestine took his oath of office, was in Jerusalem on 11th September 1922, valued as the day the Copts celebrate Sirius as the Heliacal Rising Star.....I truly wonder about 11th Sept. 2001, and could the attack be on Esoteric Christian Copts?
I really am fascinated by the secrets of Egypt, but i wouldnt want wizards conducting "Star Wars", when the common people have no knowledge of exactly what is going on!

The Rosetta Stone, had the same passage of writing in 3 language scripts, Hieroglyphic, Demotic and classical Greek, before i was disabled i often went to the British Museum to look at this fascinating stone.
It was created in 196 B.C. and discovered by the French in 1799 at Rosetta, a harbour on the Mediterranean coast in Egypt.
A Frenchman, Jean-Francois Champollion, with his knowledge of Coptic, translated it in 1822, it is from this point that we were able to understand Egyptian Hieroglyphics, thus gain a great deal of extra information about the Egyptian religion.
It is of great sadness to myself that we have only found one grave of the great leaders of Egypt that has remained undisturbed by grave robbers, thus so much has been lost.
I have no idea of the secret knowledge that may be held by esoteric religious orders, but i find George Washington fascinating, and am beginning to wonder if the 4th of July Independence Day has any special significance?
During 1776, it would be a matter of speculation on how old the Coptic Calendar was, today speculation with the Sothic Cycle is still raging!
Indeed finding the Heliacal rising star can be a very fuzzy affair, it involves exact location, and how exact you need to be!
Yet Bernadette Brady has opened up fixed stars like no other astrologer, so i will give two locations that may have been of interest to George Washington, from Brady's Starlight programme, although today we think the Coptic Calendar started on an earlier date.
If i was to look at 4th July 3001 B.C. in Thebes/Luxor, on Brady's Programme it notes Sirius as the Heliacal rising star, but 20 mins 48 secs before Sunrise, but if i want to be exact i would go to Cairo/Pyramids, where i can fix Sirius on the Asc. at exact Sunrise orb 1 minute 26 secs. (Time 04:50am.)....Both these locations were of interest to esoteric orders.
I have only chosen 3001 B.C. without looking backwards to see how long this was taking place at Sunrise on 4th July....i will look into this at a later date.
I am also fascinated by the power of Sirius, when aligned to the first day of the calendar and the Sun, i need to do more research on this and will deliver a report soon.

I try to look into archaeoastronomy in a constructive way, the only way to do this is by the Sothic (Sirius) cycle which is 1461 Egyptian Years, or 1460 Julian years, while staying very close to the Nile in Upper and Lower Egypt.
Obviously historians argue and debate when the Egyptian calendar started, yet most agree that 2781 B.C. is a credible date.
With that in mind, on 4th July 2781 B.C. in Cairo, Egypt, (Pyramids) at 05:00am, Sirius was the Heliacal rising star, very tight on Asc. rising 37 secs. before Sunrise.
I would have thought that the pyramids were the spot that any ceremony took place to usher in the New Sirius calendar.

There is another area to think about, which i have long thought to be the case, that astrologers could of mixed and matched the rules of the Egyptian paran and applied it to the projected measurement.
We know that Pope Gregory XIII may have applied the paran at 23:59pm on 4th Oct 1582 in Rome as we find Sirius rising, Yet on 1st Jan 1583 at 00:00am we find Sirius on the M.C. by projected.
In ancient Egypt they waited for Sirius to rise just before the Sun by paran...so if we look at the Declaration of Independence and value the same principle but by projected measurement, i think you will see what i mean.
Lets look at just before Sunrise on Thursday 4th July 1776 at 04:37am, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. (39*N59', 75*W08').
Sirius sits at 10*59* Cancer, and the Asc. is 11*57' Cancer, so Sirius is visible just above the Asc., yet the Sun is 12*49' Cancer, so the Sunrise light is just appearing.
In fact we only have to go back two days when the Sun, Asc and Sirius would be conjunct, yet the Egyptians rules were to see Sirius just before the dawn.
It is possible that 4th July was chosen for this fact!

Hi Granny,
I love you to bits, also i must write more, as i'm not knocking America or George Washington, as i say i'm fascinated, lets make it clear where i stand.
The mark of a master adept is to be able to fuse a number of concepts and focus your will into extremely strong thought patterns to influence a task that you have set yourself.
As you know i have a lot of quintiles that led me to understand this process, George Washington died on 14th Dec. 1799, so Independence Day had been celebrated on 4th July for over 20 years before his death.
So as i may get hammered, i am going to present a fictional story, if any wish to take it seriously, then i cant help that.
A) To estimate that the Pyramids were approx. 5,000 years old in 1776 is very possible.
B) Having perceived this, it wouldnt be impossible to calcalate that Sirius was rising just before dawn during this period by paran on 4th July in Egypt.
C) We all have expressed awe in regards to the pyramids and a wealthy civilization that lasted 3,000 years, its one of the wonders of the world!
D) On 4th July 1776 in Philadelphia, Sirius rose just before dawn by projected measurement, this is the day that the Declaration of Independence is celebrated to this day.
E)George Washington was faced with the birth of a struggling nation and he wished to fuse the might, wealth and wisdom of ancient Egypt to the United States of America by finding a day when Sirius rose just before dawn that connected America to the Pyramids!
F) He also wished for the birth of a nation to be celebrated like the birth of a new Egyptian year.....So what if he was a christian copt?
G) it explains the egyptian symbolism attached to the United States, and has nothing to do with Devil Worship as conspiracy theorists claim!
H) In my heart i cant find anything wrong with the aspirations of George Washington, in fact if my story is true...i would celebrate it....the Coptic church is within the ideals of christians and accepted, so what, he was probably esoteric....it worked didnt it....good on you George!!!!!!
I) Obviously some may have religious feelings on this in the Christian Church, well if it was good enough for Pope Gregory, then who can complain about George Washington?
J) I would also defend Pope Gregory, whatever led him to to attach Sirius to New Year....it was an unselfish act, as the M.C. means that it would chime in New Year at every location before time zones, that accepted the Gregorian Calendar.

We have all wondered about the Winter Solstice and celebrations involving Christmas and New Year, the Julian Calendar celebrated the Winter Solstice on 25th December.
Yet after Pope Gregory XIII put the Gregorian Calendar in place, the Winter Solstice was celebrated on 21st December, what a poetic calcalation.

So if we set up a chart for 21st December 1581, in Rome, by animated chart on yearly basis, running backwards we find that at time 00:00am that Sirius is conjunct the M.C. by projected measurement continually from 1481.

We all know the pagan symbolism involved with the Winter Solstice, i would have thought my observations are dynamite, with Sun worship going back five thousand years!

It would seem that as the Julian Calendar become more and more out of sinc of the Equinox's, calendar reform was delayed till 21st Dec. aligned with 1st Jan at 00:00am. so that Sirius could bridge the gap!

I have to say that some Christians view my observations that Pope Gregory XIII may have aligned the Gregorian Calendar to Sirius dubiously, but any research that any member would like to do in the British Museum or the Warburg Institute, will show this is likely at least!

THE RENAISSANCE PERIOD.
Astrology and Christianity.

It is often assumed that Christianity and Astrology are rival beliefs, an assumption held by many modern Christians, who are generally opposed to astrology on the basis of the criticism of astrologers in the Book of Isaiah, Chapter 47, verses 13-14.

However it is quite clear that elsewhere in the Bible, astrologers are viewed favourably, and the Prophet Daniel himself was said to have been chief astrologer first to the Babylonian kings Nebuchadnezzar and Belshazzar, and subsequently to the Persian Emperor Darius!

The Cosmological beliefs which gave birth to astrology were the same as held by the writers of the Old Testament, and it is therefore not surprising that the close links between astrology and religion should continue as Christianity evolved in the first few centuries after Christ.

Yet even Catholics were often predisposed to believe in the general influence of the stars, and this belief was reinforced by the general acceptence of Neo-Platism. (Plato was often regarded as an "Honorary Christain").
Indeed in cutting edge science of today, the concept of the "Dodecahedron" as representing the Universe has found acceptence among many scientists, which Plato and Pythagoras taught thousands of years ago. (Use search engine on "physicsweb dodecahedron universe").

Obviously a solution had to be found to this dilemma during the Renaissance, for it was clear to the Christian fathers that it was impossible for both God and the stars to rule human destiny.

The solution first suggested by the arguments of Boethius and Isodore in the 5th and 6th centuries, and clarified by Thomas Aquinas in the 13th Century, is enshined in the distinction between "Natural" and "Judicial" astrology.
Aquinas' solution was that the human body is ruled by the stars but the soul is ruled by God.
Therefore all astrology concerned with natural functions and instincts was compatible with Christianity and was known as Natural Astrology.
Included under this heading as it doesnt deal with souls, i can see no reason that Calendar reform would be omitted!
This included medical astrology, AGRICULTURAL ASTROLOGY (Calendar Astrology?), and any similiar branch of the subject!

On the other hand, uses of astrology which appeared to involve individual destiny were seen to interfere with the realm of the soul and were therefore incompatible with Christianity.

When the Papacy eventually in 1586 and 1681 passed Bulls, prohibiting astrology, it was "Judicial Astrology", meaning the drawing up of natal charts etc.....NOT NATURAL ASTROLOGY!

However, in a society in which Christianity was the universal religion in the West, all shades of opinion were encompassed, and all were tolerated which didnt threaten the physical authority of the church.
Judicial astrology flourished among churchmen at all times, naturally enough as it was taught in the ecclesiacal schools.

Many had reservations about the implications of prediction, but many were also prepared to justify it, as did Roger Bacon in the 13th Century, the Franciscan monk and scholar who considered that the church should use astrology in order to outwit the skills of the Tartar astrologers and predict the arrival of the Antichrist.
The main order of friars, the Dominicans and Franciscans were firm supporters, and the most powerful Renaissance group the Jesuits were also active.
Even in the upper levels of the Inquisition, which were supposed to root out all heresy, judicial astrology was practised.

Many of the Popes used astrologers and Pope Paul III used astrologers to time his audiences, Pope Julius II (1503 - 1549) used astrology to descide the correct time to have a statue of himself erected.
Indeed Pope Gregory XIII who is responsible for the "Gregorian Calendar has his natal chart preserved in the Vatican Library!

Luca Gaurico in particular achieved an outstanding success by predicting to Alessandro Farnese in 1529 that he would become Pope, when alessandro succeeded as Pope Paul III he not only rewarded Gaurico with the Bishopric of Guffoni, but made the papal court a centre for astrological activity.
Gaurico had previously predicted to the fourteen year old Giovanni de Medici that he would become pope, which he did as Leo X.

More renown than Gaurico is the figure of "Nostradamus", one of his successes was, apparently a prediction to a humble friar, Felice Peretti, that he would become Pope, interestingly as Sixtus V, Felice is responsible for a papal bull forbidding judicial astrology....who also set the obelisk in the centre of St. Peter's Square!

In italy, and in spite of the traditional clerical reservations about judicial astrology, the papal court finally become a centre for astrology of all kinds.
Pope Paul III, Leo X, and Adrian VI in the sixteenth century all encouraged astrologers.....Alexander VI used astrology to help plan his military campaigns, and Julius II had the time of his Coronation chosen astrologically, and Innocent VIII consulted astrologers concerning his relations with the Duke of Milan.

Most of this information can be found in many museums etc, most of this report comes from the writings of Nicholas Campion, and is the basis of the foundation course, module two, article five, being an introduction to the history of astrology, by "The Faculty of Astrological Studies".

Most historians view the Winter Solstice as a mixture of myths and legends that have similiar traits, at the time of the life or appearance of Jesus of Nazareth, and for countless centures before, the Mediterrean and neighbouring world had been the scene of a vast number of pagan creeds and rituals, as we know, and Christmas was just pushed on top.

Gods and Goddesses that have similiar traits to the events in Bethlehem, which some have a birthday near the Winter Solstice, are Apollo or Dionysus among the Greeks, Hercules among the Romans, Mithra among the Persians, Adonis and Attis in Syria, and obviously Osiris and Isis in Egypt which i am most interested in, as to mark the beginning of New Year with Sirius, does have an Egyptian flavour, as it is valued as being attached to Isis, the virgin mother to Horus!

So what festival does the Catholic Church celebrate on 1st January?
On New Year's Day, the octive day of Christmas, the church celebrates the solemnity of the Holy Mother of God, the divine and virginal motherhood of the Blessed Virgin Mary....Sirius is very symbolic of the two virgin mothers i would have thought!....co-incidence?