Traditional reference for glass

Someone recently asked me which planet signifies glass. I was about to reply ?the Moon? but thought I?d better give a ref from Lilly. When I looked in my index I didn?t see the Moon listed for glass, only Mars (p.216). I can see the connection with Mars (it being about heat and the smelting of glass and the cuts you get from it), but surely glass is widely understood to fall under the rulership of the Moon? I?m not sure if this is just a very obvious omission from my index or whether I?ve been mistaken in assuming that most astrologers would assign glass to the Moon whereas traditional literature supports a stronger connection with Mars. Can anyone help me out with a reference or views on this?

Hi Deb,

I'm very proud of myself. I started thinking about glass and its transparency came to mind. It lets light in and out from both sides, so Mercury. I looked at Lee Lehman's book of Rulerships and she gives Lilly only, but in a supplement to her book that can be downloaded from her website, she gives Mercury and cites Agrippa, Occult Philosophy Book 3, page 60.

I confess to giving Saturn a thought (hard and brittle), but Saturn is dark and avoids light and light is what glass is all about.

Hope this helps.

Tom

But glass is technical, it is made by men usually. Hermes is considered the god who assists with arts (in the techniqal way, what you make with the hands), so I will agree with Tom here, that glass seems to fit more with Mercury.

Mirrors on the other hand, are reflective so they should be under Moon.
A NEW ORDER IS EMERGING THROUGH A MILLION THUNDERS

In Rex Bills "The Rulership Book", Moon, Neptune and the sign of Cancer rules glass. But he also mentions Mercury and Leo in a parenthsis.
Personally I tend to see Moon as the ruler. Interestingly, the book has Moon, Mercury and Neptune connected to eyeglasses.