Yes, Philip, a Rhetorical question, indeed! :) This is taking an unbelievanbly long time, especially considering the Amazon preorder information all those years ago. I hope publication really happens by the new projected date.

You're so right, we've lost many insightful, important voices within the astrological community - one feels their loss deeply. I see that there have been no updates posted on the Astroamerica website, and I know that the business has been for sale since Dave's passing - it would be lovely if someone with a passion for astrology could take over, but he or she would have mighty big shoes to fill.

If you thought 12 years from Amazon taking pre-orders to final publication was a long time, Astraea (and believe me, I do too), it still pales when compared with the time lapse between the appearance of the first astrological volume in the Bibliotheca Scriptorum Graecorum et Romanorum Teubneriana series (of which the Rhetorius volume will form a part) and the projected publication date for the edition of Rhetorius.

Arminius Koechly's edition of Manetho's astrological works was published in the same series in 1858 - 160 years before 2018.

Classical scholars certainly take their time to do their jobs properly, even if they don't always live to see their fruition.

Let's hope that it doesn't take 160 years from the publication of De Triginta Sex Decanis (1994) in the CCCM Hermes Latinus series for that series to be complete. The original series editor, Paolo Lucentini, passed away several years ago; and there has been no new volume published since then, but the publisher Brepols continues to list several as planned. It's already 22 years since 1994 this year. Perhaps in another quarter of a century, we'll be close to the completion of that one. I hope to be pleasantly surprised by its completion within 50 years of 1994 and within my lifetime.