Car Repair Help

Help! Saturn is in the 7House in the chart and this is not a romantic horary, I could easily get this wrong.

I pulled into a parking spot this morning; when I got out of the car I noticed a red spill on the ground underneath. Transmission fluid. I don't know if it was from my car or if it was already there. In any case, this splash filled me with worry of course. I need my car to get to my job. It's a good car but it's older, and has many miles on it. I really like the car though; she handles really well especially in bad weather, she has taken excellent care of me. I've wondered about her status of late.

So I asked the oracle: What's the situation with my car? Does it need a repair? Is it safe to drive it? 2 Feb 07 7:42am Philadelphia, PA 75w10 39n57 23 AQU 36 Regio.

I used the 3House for the car. I tend to think out loud when I do horaries, please bear with me. The chart says the car is a fine car, Venus angular in the ASC in exaltation. She is safe to drive and I should get it fixed.

Saturn is me peregrine and detrimented but angular, clearly worried about the situation and how much this will cost me, as Saturn is exalted ruler of the 8House.

Mercury natural ruler of cars is debilitated severely, but retrogrades before he conjuncts Venus, this is good. The only problem on Venus' horizon is that she applies sextile the 12House ruler Mars who's exalted. If there's a problem it's one I can't see easily, more likely since Neptune is in the ASC.

Mars and Venus are strong and in mutual reception. But Mars is still in the house of friends, a friend who helps me fix the car? Who's also a resource in this situation as Mars rules my 2House of substance. Or could it be the road service tow truck guy who comes to help? I think the tow truck guy= Mars in Capricorn is a carpenter type. But my boyfriend is a carpenter too, maybe I should call him is the message since my significator disposits him; he's someone I already know about.

The Moon rules and is in the 6House, the house of the repair man. So clearly some sort of repair is in order. Is the repair maybe something I handle myself since the Moon is my co-significator in application to my primary significator? It's clearly bringing the repair to me to handle. Moon is in Leo which relates to blood and the heart and circulation, very appropriate. Perhaps I just need to add some transmission fluid, whoch is what I planned to do. The Moon is peregrine and cadent, I can't tell if it's position is indicating that I'm can handle this well.

I don't understand why the 7House would be so much in focus here. The Moon brings the Sun's light to Saturn, a Saturn who also rules the 12House, it's as if there's a secret I'm keeping, something I'm doig myself that I'm not facing up to. I have been neglecting the car's maintenance it's true. Lack of funds is the culprit.

If the 10House is the price of the repair, it may well break the bank because Jupiter is there in major dignity. Jupiter and Venus are in mixed mutual reception (term and domicile), and both are fortunes, perhaps this means I won't have to spend much money at all, and that I'm lucky here. In that case that Saturn applies trine to Jupiter is a good thing, keeping the cost of the repair under some sort of benevolence. The Moon separates trine Jupiter and brings the good light to Saturn. This is going to work out fine.

Please let me know if you see something important about this car, I may have this intepretation quite wrong. I was mostly concerned that it might be time to get rid of the car and try to find another, but that doesn't seem to be the message of this chart. Any insights would be appreciated. Maybe I should add some arabic parts...

Regards,
1000Camels

I see I made a misstep. Mars is not in the 12House he's in the 11th, sorry about that. It was early in the AM when I wrote the initial post.

What has got my attention now that a few hours have passed is that opposition between the Sun, Moon and Saturn with reception. What might that mean? I remember in one post MarkF wrote that the 12House symbolizes things that I may never know the origin of or be able to understand. Maybe the opposition is the spill itself, left there by another person's car, which I may never know about?

In any case, Venus, the car, and me, Saturn and the Moon are not in aspect. No aspect means no action right? I'm tense because in just a few hours I must deal with this car and my mechanic is 30 miles away and snow is in the forecast.

7th house may be you are being collaborative in getting it fixed, not making the decision alone? I mean you didn't rush right over to the transmission shop for a transmission overhaul, you are chatting it over with others.

If you are in Phillie, I think taking it to a tranny shop for a look is best, it may be you just dented the pan which may have disrupted the seal, and just need a new pan. they are also set up for working on just tranny's so you can save a few bucks. They also do just diagnostics... okay, can you tell my grandpa used to rebuild cars and I used to sit on the bumper while he told em what all the parts were and what they did? not that I remember everything, but ...

Granny

Hi 1000Camels,

This has already been raised in a previous thread but - your car is the 2nd house as it is your possession. The 3rd house is short journeys - yes you make these in your car, but the car itself is your moveable possession, so it's 2nd house. Just thought I'd point that out. This will probably alter the significator of your car...

Sorry, as before, I disagree with the use of the 2nd house. I agree with your use of the 3rd house 1000camels. The car, in this case, is third house. You are talking specifically about the condition of your car. The physical car is 3rd house. If you are talking about the costs etc, or if you were asking about selling your car, you would look at the 2nd but the condition of the car itself is 3rd house.

I thought I would post an update, I always find it very interesting to see how our horaries work out. Thanks for all your replies and esp. to Granny for your tranny advice.

My car is perfectly fine. That large spill was indeed from some other unknown car, which one I will never know. Confirmation was that there were tiretracks from my tires on the ground in front of my vehicle, a kind of forensic proof that I had driven through the spill when I parked my car. I had not noticed these tracks when I freaked out about the spill. No aspects between primary significators means no significant action.

This was very suitable to the general condition of the 6House Moon separating opposite the 12House Sun, with Neptune in the ASC clouding the issue. Strong Jupiter gave me excellent luck in this chart.

I used the 3House for the car for precisely the reasons Sue suggested, that's my personal preference. Plus, this is about short inland journeys. True, is it my moveable possession but transport is it's ultimate utility, so 3House IMO. Plus Mercury is natural rule of cars and he is dignified in the 3House.

That application between 1H Venus and 11H Mars indicated someone coming to help. This was a gentleman who happened to be nearby at the time unloading things from his car. I guess when he saw me put the hood up, he just came on over. He helped me diagnose that there were no leaks, nothing loose or rattling or any such problem. He also pointed out the tire tracks which showed I had driven through the spill while I parked the car.

I did come up with the plan to diagnose the situation myself, I had put down some cardboard under the car, moved the shifter, checked fluids, applied the gas, etc. to see what might cause a leak. I think this is shown very well in how the Moon rules and is in the 6H, and applies directly to my significator, bringing the repair directly to me; indicating a repair that I make myself. But her cadency indicates her lack of self-confidence. Also my sig in the 7House is me performing as my own counselor/advisor in how to proceed in this matter. Again with Jupiter's overlay from the 10House of action=fortunate action. Mercury is also in the 1House of Self, know-how which I already possess or that I can get at rather easily.

That was a lucky break. I think chart contains a warning about maintaining the car, notice Venus is not too far away from conjunction to Uranus, whom she receives, and debilitated Mercury is applying to her but refrains from reaching her. A sudden breakdown may or may not happen but as Uranus is in my house of self it's not entirely out of the realm of the possible.

I had the car tuned up this weekend and she's running great! My underlying concern for the whole affair was whether the car is worth the money if she should need an expensive repair. Venus angular in her own exaltation applying to her ruler Jupiter with major reception is a sure sign that this car is a good one!

Ciao

House usage,

Wanted to put in a penny here on the 2nd or third house, generally only use 2nd house for possession when it is a LOST ITEM, otherwise you want to find the properhouse, in this case 3rd for personal transportation... At least that is what I have found to be true, and I think its that Lost item qualifyer that gets people all confused on the subject.

Granny

According to The Horary Reference Book Volume 1 (Anne Unger and Lillian Huber):

Any means used to explore one's immediate surroundings or neighborhood would be assigned to the third house, the traditional ruler of short distance transportation. The 3rd house includes all vehicles of transportation used for this exploration. By extension, the 3rd house is assigned the rulership of automobiles, even though automobiles are sometimes used for distant trips.

I agree. The third house has always been the the house of the immediate environment, short trips, and transportation (among other things, of course).

I checked Simplified Horary Astrology (Ivy M. Goldstein-Jacobson), but she did not address cars when she wrote her book in 1960. In The Only Way to Learn About Horary and Electional Astrology Volume VI (Marion D. March and Joan McEvers) cars are assigned to the third house.

Hope this helps.
Memphis Astrology