Significators when three parties involved

Hello. I am attempting to assess an event chart which was a phone call to me from my attorney about the response from the defendant in a worker's comp. case. The insurance company would be the defendant. I assume I am the descendant, the one receiving the call, my attorney is the ascendant and probably Jupiter? It's harder for me to know where the defendant is. If it were a simple court hearing event chart, the defendant would be the ascendant and the descendant would be the offense, plaintiff, me. I say this because Saturn, the accuser, is exalted in the 7th. But in this case, a conversation relaying information from the defendant, would they be represented by the 8th as the insurance company or would the ascendant be both them and and my attorney making the call?

I appreciate any help here as they keep canceling hearing dates so the only thing I have to assess is this type of chart.

Connie

Hi Connie,

In lawsuits, 7th is Defendant (insurance company) & your adversary.

1st, you as Plaintiff (& querant).

2nd your friends/assistants ... 8th your opposition's friends/assistants.

Lawyers, judges etc in formal/professional capacity are usually 10th house.

Saturn is retrograde - a consideration.

Perhaps Lilly's CA, pge 372 (Lawsuit or Controversy between Two) may be of some assistance & House Significations listed here:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/lilly_houses.html#7.

Kind regards,
TS

Thank you for responding. It looks like I had it completely backwards. I know the 7th is considered adversaries but I assumed that would correspond to plaintiff in a law suit since the plaintiff is the one making the accusation or complaint. Also the eastern half is the outgoing side, giving defense against the complaint. In looking at a series of related legal events from my childhood the 7th doesn't fit the defense in most of the cases. So I'm really confused here. I know the outcome of each of these charts.

Also in the two football charts I looked at, the 7th was clearly the side that kicked off making them the ones that were the aggressors which would be the offense (offence in England). The other side, ascendant was the defending champion and each side clearly fit all the horary rules by description. In doing more research I see that the term offense has very different meanings in England and in the US. If Lilly is English and this difference in meaning has its roots back then, could that be why the seeming discrepancy? This also brings to mind that attacks on England would come mostly from the east making it necessary to set up their defense to the west of where the attack would come from. In the US attacks can and have come from both east and west so the orientation is different. Could that make a difference? I know at least one very good Australian astrologer that sees that the chart must be turned when looking at it from the southern hemisphere. I have also noticed this at times with a left handed person's chart.

Then there is the question of appeal. If the person started out being the defendant then appealed to the higher court wouldn't that make them the plaintiff since they are attacking the judgement of the lower court?

I have some other legal data I'll have to look at. I don't have any problem with following rules but I have to understand why.

Thanks, again, Tumbling Sphinx :D

The Sun rises in the East sets in the West.
The law of the land is the law of the day.

In the course of a day (diurnal motion), first to arise is the complaint, accusation or attack (1st) making the opposition (7th) aware so as to defend.

The defense doesn't come before a complaint, otherwise it doesn't know what its defending against.

To take defensive action before another party initiates action converts the defense (7th) into the initiator of a complaint/attack, they become the plaintiff (1st).
"Then there is the question of appeal. If the person started out being the defendant then appealed to the higher court wouldn't that make them the plaintiff since they are attacking the judgement of the lower court?"
No, I wouldn't think so. They are still defending, their position hasn't changed, be it defending against the initial complaint (1st) or defending against a challenging decision handed down by the judge (10th).
Still the same case, and their position doesn't change as relates to that case ... unless the defendant was to initiate some entirely new legal action against the complainant, thereby reversing the positions.

Simply my understanding of it, others may have differing views.

Kind regards,
TS.