Barack Obama Announces Presidency

I couldn't find the exact time, so I gave it a high noon chart, as lots of presidential campaign speeches happen when the sun is at its zenith (any better time suggestions are most welcome).

Saturday, 10 February 2007, Springfield Illinois 12:00 noon.

Golden Boy Barack Obama clearly doesn't believe in astrology or have an astrologer working for him! If he did, he'd pick ANY other day than this.

He's fittingly up at the top of the chart in the 10th as befits someone aiming for the top job, but the Scorpio void of course moon will negate any good plans he might've made; even once it changes to Sadge he's still out of luck. With Mercury in Pisces as his significator, he isn't a very strong candidate anyhow, although being a Leo he probably feels he is!

I could've told him. I could've.

Other dates to watch

Other important dates to be watched:

February 2007
Obama announced his candidacy: Saturday, 10 February 2007, Springfield, Illinois 11:13 a.m.

April 2007
April 4th and 5th - New Hampshire will hold the first debates between candidates

July 2007
July 1- Annual NAACP Convention convenes, a must appearance for Democratic candidates.

January 2008
January 22 is a tentative date for the New Hampshire Primary

June 2008
June 3 last primaries in - Montana, South Dakota, California

August 2008
Democartic Party Convention at Pepsi Center, Denver, Colorado between August 25-28

September 2008
September 1 - The 2008 Republican National Convention convenes in Saint Paul, Minnesota
Sometimes in September - First Presidential Debate

October 2008
-Vice Presidential Debate
-Second Presidential Debate
-Third Presidential Debate

November 2008
November 4 - General Election Day

January 2009
January 5 - Vice President Cheney counts electoral votes, formally ending the election process.
January 20 - The inauguration of the new President and Vice President.

Paul Paral

What follows is the SEC filing required by law;

Obama FEC filed report

Jan 16, 2007
10:05 AM
Washington DC

He is under no obligation to run once he files a report, so I like announcement date and time better.

Tom

Obama Announces on V/O/C

Yeah -- but his chart -- Aug 4, 1961, 1 pm honolulu .. features an anarectic moon, meaning the transiting v/o/c is still applying to his personal moon ...

The primary & main event for him for US Senate -- well, his opposition imploded -- very eerie -- and after Jack Ryan folded (his ex wife did him in) ... the IL GOP ran carpetbagger from Maryland who was an over the top joke -- came out strongly against gays and then his gay daughter dissed him --

I know. His emergence on the public scene is a bit strange. He won the Democrat nomination on a fluke and now, only two years later, based on nothing more than his personality, he is taken seriously as a candidate for President. It has a horror movie flavor to it. Who is this man?

Tom

Obama birth time

I saw the 1:06 pm time. I understood it to be a rectification. It is said to be from Frances McEvoy, but I have not heard her claim it. After a brief look at it, I discarded that time.

The first thing to consider about Obama's chart is that the moon changed signs that day, at 1:04 pm Hawaii time. It moved from Taurus to Gemini.

So which do you think he has? Presumably people think that because he speaks so well, the moon must be in Gemini. I disagree.

I have Gemini rising. Mercury trines it from Aquarius. My daughter has a Gemini moon. After Scorpios, Geminis are my favorite people.

In my experience, a prominent Gemini produces volume & changability, not polish. It dazzles us with thousands of details & new associations. If a Gemini moon were a dancer, it would be Fred Astaire. Can you dance like Fred, can you dance with Fred? Unless you are of his breed, no.

My one experience with Earth & speaking ability was with Capricorn, and I am going to guess there will be similarites with Taurus. Steady. Solid. Polished. Deliberate. One of the smoothest speakers I ever heard was a Capricorn. Geminis are verbal diarrhea by comparison. Obama's Taurus moon is the way he connects so powerfully to what we feel is real & solid.

If this is true, this means his birth time is prior to 1:04 pm, and that Obama has a Taurus moon.

I played with Obama's chart. I have him at 10:25 am, but this is merely a guess. Here is what I like about it:

I've noticed that Libra ascendants sometimes have widely spaced eyes. Judith Hill is an expert on this (so was Edith Wangemann of Germany, if she's still alive). Libra rising means that Venus is the chart ruler. People like Libras, in general.

Venus, the chart ruler, is in Cancer in the 9th. This gives us the impression that he is wise. It is in mutual reception to the Taurus moon in the 8th house, which is good for connecting with people.

I find Mars in Virgo in the 12th. The best strategists have Mars there. It keeps their plans secret.

The Sun is in Leo in the 11th. Along with Mercury, also in Leo, and the Taurus 8th house moon, Obama reminds us of another recent Leonine politician with Libra rising: Bill Clinton.

What Obama has in common with Bill is 11th house collegiality. They like everyone. They have lots of friends. They're good in front of a crowd. You would almost never know they're Leos.

But Obama is not Bill. He hasn't as strong a chart, in my view. I don't regard Obama's Saturn / Jupiter as conjunct, as they are in different signs.

What Obama does have is a "fingerprint" - one of many possible - of a politician. His Mercury-Jupiter opposition. Here is Alan Oken:

The individual with this configuration may express many of the difficulties indicated by the square. The opposition focuses attention on the large versus the small. In other words, a person can often make a mountain out of a grain of sand or vice-versa - and usually both. Sometimes there is a conflict between the intellect & religious aspirations (faith).

Since Oken mentions the square, here is what he has to say about that:

<i>Individuals with this configuration usually draw incorrect conclusions, since judgment tends to be impaired through general misunderstanding of facts. Problems often have to do with travel; extreme restlessness is prevalent, and language may be impaired. The loquacious mind never stops creating a barage of ideas, blocking greater understanding.

(both from pgs. 414-5, Alan Oken's Complete Astrology)</i>

(I'm not especially a fan of Obama. His upbringing resembles that of army brats. Or my own, for that matter.)

There is some reason why politicans, as a group, have debilitated Mercurys. Obama's, like Bill's, is weak in Leo. Tony Blair has, if memory serves, a Mercury - Neptune square. In Tony's case, he has a view of the world that is better than it is. Or you could say he's deluded.

Richard Nixon had Mercury opposite Neptune. It's said that Tricky Dick was a liar. But as is always true of the opposition, Dick knew when he was being lied to, and he was lied to a lot. Years ago I read an Esquire article on the background to the Checkers speech which brought that out strongly.

In 1996, Robert Dole, from my home state of Kansas, announced for the Presidency on a void of course moon. Such a blunder doomed any chance he had. That Obama's personal cycles & rhythms led him to such a mistake shows that he is not in step with the necessary energies that will make someone the next president.

ObamaRama

I'll go with Frances McEvoy's rectification. I've been watching him for a while here in Chicago -- definitely a phenom. His senatorial opponents -- primary & main event, magically evaporated -- he never had to lay a glove on 'em.

The big deal, politically speaking -- Aug 4 1961 implies a conception around Election Day 1960 -- when Sam Giancana stole it for JFK. And Frances McEvoy is very savvy politically.

Meanwhile Barack is walking on water with feet of clay. He endorsed locally Todd Stroger -- if they find out the quid pro quo on that one, Obama will sink like a stone -- but they won't find out -- from the smell of it as expedient & callous a public move as Hillary on Iraq.

But, astrologically speaking, that date 8/4/61 has a very neat progressed full moon in February 2012, ushering in both his hypothetical second term, and the Aquarian Age, providing of course that its inception synchronous with the ending/beginning of a 5000 year Great Mayan Age.

Sonja of the 48th Ward