Re: Fixed Stars

Julie K wrote:arihant,

From what I understand about Fixed Stars they have to be right on gthe exact degree to affect a Luminary or Planet. With your Natal Mars @ 25/15 Taurus and Algol is 26 Taurus + your Mars would not be implicated.

You understand your behavior and own it. Maybe anger management courses could help you?

To add: Mars energy in Taurus is held back, bottled up. The Myth is that Mars was corked up in a bottle for 9 months, other myths say 14 months. When the cork is finally popped out he comes in a blazing rage, ready to take anything and anyone on. Maybe this is helpful.

Julie K
This makes a lot of sense. I have algol conjunct midheaven and natal moon. During the first 15 yrs of my life my parents were very over-protective. And now at 28, I have a reputation for following only myself and extremely hateful of limitations by others...
The truth is right before your eyes.

More on Algol

An interesting thread this one given that I have Mars conjunct Algol... and Mars being the dispositor of 5 planets and in opposition to all 5.

Injuries to the head?.. yes, at the age of 2, 7, and recently in the last couple of years.

False teeth? ... yes a couple of crowns..

None of the other issues (ahem) noted by Ebertin.

Do I lose my head.. not that I am aware of, other than astrologically when pursuing something.. particularly dogged in research... but that is the Scorp in me.

Another interesting case.. I know a client with Mars also conjunct Algol in the 12th - that of hidden enemies. In recent years they had a difficult time professionally and whilst he was not aware that he had 'hidden enemies' he became aware (with hindsight) that three others had been less than supportive to his situation to say the least..
Anyway, to cut a long story short, my client recently found out that one of the gentlemen - and I use the term loosely - shot himself in the head (his gun exploded in his face!!!) another was deemed by his new colleagues to have mental health issues, (which was unfounded and took some 18months to have his health verified and certified before resuming his career) and the third (who was actually the head of the company) lost his position and was unceremoniously frogmarched off the premises.... all lost their heads either figuritively or literally!!

I thought these instances uncanny and gave me fresh insight into the power of Algol....

By the way... didn't Diana have Venus conjunct Algol... ... consider Oliver Hoare and the hundreds (literally) of phone call she made to him.

Just a few thoughts to throw into the mix..

Cheers!

Fixed Stars

:D Hi all!!
Johnny Depp also has it conjunct Venus in the 10th house....look at the Martian roles he has played...Sweeney Todd the demon barber,Edward Scissorhands,the surgeon in Sleepy Hollow!!
Wishes Saturngirl. :D
Enjoy what you learn,as it keeps the mind youthful!!

The one I would throw into the mix is Bono from U2. He has been quoted as saying he was born at 2am on the nose (May 10.1960) But if you shift the time a bit he ends up with Algol on his IC. Considering that his mother died when he was 14 and he said that his house was three guys rattling around a box (or something like that) it might make sense. There was a lot of fighting between him and his brother (he once threw a knife at his brother and missed but it stuck in the door). Also, 2am makes his rising Capricorn and Saturn above the horizon. He's definitely not a tall man, but if you shift the time back then Saturn is below the horizon so that might make more sense.

Oh for joy, an Algol Thread! :'

Personal life:
My husband happens to have his NN 24TAU conj. his D/C
He has had the worse "Luck" all his life. My 3 daughters had a nickname created for it, called the " H Curse"....in honor of his bad luck. :(
Although not particlarly superstitious at all, it was hard to deny or see this type of so-called, "bad luck"...in his life.

I noticed that Padre Pio also has Algol conj. his Mars and Neptune, which to me speaks volumes about declination in the natal chart and the fixed stars such as Algol. The 7th house is about others, and he both healed them in physical ways which were supposedly quite mysterious (like Bi-Location) hence, Mars/Neptune , but if you read his biographies,
you find Padre Pio also had a terrible temper he needed to try to keep under wraps from exploding in his earlier days as a monk . :o

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Pio,_Padre

Dick Cheney the VP of the U.S.under G.W. Bush also has Uranus conj. the MC in Algol......"piled up corpses" for Al-Ghoul. :(

I always liked however the way that Diana Rosenberg (Ye olde Stars) astrologer put the energy and experience of Algol together when she says:
"you will not be able to ignore suffering and horror, or brush it aside... The Algol placement on a chart insists upon a confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of human experience in this lifetime. Some of the fixed stars are harsh, yes. But to a purpose. Each defines an area that will be tapped for good or ill; the tests are intense and unavoidable. Algol, like other stars, confers tasks upon us

which, if comprehended and accepted, offer great rewards of power and creativity. These stellar challenges are not to be feared, but understood and used in a positive manner."
As for those who do not believe this star has merit with it's out of the sphere of ecliptic influence I'd refer to this link (as well as the noted experiences of course of so many who are familiar with this star):

http://www.astrologyinstitute.com/Fixed ... on_one.htm
Quote:
Q: Can we fully trust a zodiacal position of a heavenly body very far from the ecliptic? (BTW, this may cause a problem with Pluto?s position, but don?t get me started!

One solution to this is given by Bernadette Brady, in whose book she advocates using stars as they appear on angles during the day of somebody?s birth.

I should also mention that prominent astrologers of the past -- such as William Lilly ? just used zodiacal position, regardless of distance from the ecliptic.
Last edited by leomoon on Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A friend has got Algol conjuct Mars and midheaven. She's a photographer who blurs or adds distorting effects to the heads of those she portrays. Whenever she does self-portraits, she inscenates her decapitation, death or hanging.

I've got Algol conjuct the midheaven. A long scar runs around my neck. I am quite violent and prone to rage outbursts - but thank God I channel all of this energy in sports or heavy manual/intellectual labour

Well, since we have a new moon coming up at 26'56 taurus and my midheaven is 27'52 taurus , I think its time to revive this thread ! I am an admitted workaholic, so have already lost my head at work. I would like to change that scenario, it has gotten old. I am just discovering this whole Medusa story , but I can see a lot there that is relatable in my life ..eesh. I would like to hear how this plays out for others with Algol on their "stuff". BTW, what is the consensus on how tight an orb is needed for a fixed star? Is 26'23 taurus correct for Algol's location now?

wangshan wrote:Well, since we have a new moon coming up at 26'56 taurus and my midheaven is 27'52 taurus , I think its time to revive this thread ! I am an admitted workaholic, so have already lost my head at work. I would like to change that scenario, it has gotten old. I am just discovering this whole Medusa story , but I can see a lot there that is relatable in my life ..eesh. I would like to hear how this plays out for others with Algol on their "stuff". BTW, what is the consensus on how tight an orb is needed for a fixed star? Is 26'23 taurus correct for Algol's location now?
No, the Fixed star has moved on :D

PD

So, yes: the value you have given is good.
Good. Then this should be interesting. It's exactly opposite someones 8th house mars. Someone who threatened me once.
Aside from that, I have been toying with applying for a new position, but thought I'd wait out the mercury retrograde. I'm not quite ready anyway.

There was a case in the news back in 2003 about a man who strangled a woman to death, after years of looking at videos of such things. He was born on 22nd April 1968, in Scotland, no time of birth known. Sun about 2.5 degrees Taurus (antiscion 27.5 degrees Leo), Jupiter 25 degrees Leo 50 minutes, Neptune 25 degrees Scorpio 47 minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jane_Longhurst
"At his murder trial, Coutts confessed to a long-standing neck fetish and obsession with strangulation"