Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Earth changes and orion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wangshan

Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:19 am    Post subject: Earth changes and orion Reply with quote

Maybe this is a little far afield , but I have been pondering the predictions of massive global changes via earthquakes ,volcanoes , polar shift and other forces ,trying to make a connection with the 2012 line up of the Galactic center , etc,etc. As usual I find that my curiousity way overwhelms my proficiency in astronomy and geology. Now my latest nuggat that I feel compelled to explore is a saying that Edgar Cayce gave regarding this period in time. "Look to Orion" was one of the pieces of advice he gave when asked about the timing. What does that mean ? What are we suppossed to be looking at Orion for? I need to know because I am living in what will be the huge river going from Lake Michigan to the Gulf of Mexico at some future point and need to know when to literally head for the hills. I figured this would be a good starting point...someone here has always been able to mention a good book or reference for me. Thanks in advance Very Happy
granny_skot

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look at the stars relating to 21 december 2012 if you like, for the actual alignment of the gallactic center.

I'll have a look myself and see if I see anything, but ... well, wouldn't it be wiser to not live somewhere where you know the water line is chancy?

I live in a beach town, but frankly you couldn't pay me enough to live at the beach, contant battle with sand. Yuck, and sea, okay, so that part doesn't bother me so much, but I hate sand. at least the ocean have a calming effect on one... well the pacific anyway...

Granny

edit: well seems to me the planets are not really lining up with sirius (or any of the Orion stars) at that time. Jupiter is transiting near the pleides, in his detriment, other than that the planets are lined up from Scorpio to Aries.

Knowing Case, he could have meant that some other object would be coming from Orion sector however. I'm not certain if any comets are expected in that time period or not?

there is a Yod with Jupiter as the apex between saturn, Jupiter and pluto.

granny
wangshan

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not certain that the 2012 winter solstice is a significant date exactly. I have been thinking more 2011, something about a venus transit right around the solstice.(I occassionally have psychic dreams, that is where the 2011 comes from) I have read that venus transits can be very violent and tragic as well. And I know what you mean about living where the water line is chancey , but basically I am 8 miles from the lake , and the thing that makes it chancey (if you chose to beleive it) are fault lines in the lake basins and the New Madrid fault combined with the political corruption (which is out of control here btw). So while I have been having all these dreams of 10 feet of water in the streets and dolphin sized fish swimming along cars, and dead animals floating outside my windows it's not because I have ever experienced any floods of any kind in this house. And in my dreams my family is safe , so I don't think it is necessarily where you are "at" physically that puts you in harms way, if you know what I mean, chilli bean. But I would like to know if I am on schedule.
Where do you look up things like transits of Orion ? I would like to do some research if possible.
Monk

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wangshan,
The transit of Venus over the Sun happens on 6th June 2012.
I tread carefully on this subject but the ancients valued Regulus above all other Persian stars as the ruler of the angles of the Earth, and sits on the cusp at 00*00' Virgo from 18th Sept 2011 to 25th Oct. 2012.
Yet i am not morbid so if change does happen slowly, i wouldnt say that it is all bad.
wangshan

Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I'm not worried...I'm just a boy scout..be prepared. And yeah slowly as in Katrina ,then tsunami as was predicted..up to a point when things are supposed to become quite brisk....that's when I don't want to get stuck a day late. Slow changes are one thing,, they are good. And you know I am not a morbid person either, but my intuition won't shut the he** up. And without getting too off topic ,the politicians etc. around here are pretty much basically saying to the higher powers."go on, hit me with your best shot" What about Rigel or Betelgeuse ? Those are fairly visible, no?
Martin Lewicki

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="wangshan"]Oh I'm not worried...I'm just a boy scout..be prepared. And yeah slowly as in Katrina ,then tsunami as was predicted..up to a point when things are supposed to become quite brisk....that's when I don't want to get stuck a day late. Slow changes are one thing,, they are good. And you know I am not a morbid person either, but my intuition won't shut the he** up. And without getting too off topic ,the politicians etc. around here are pretty much basically saying to the higher powers."go on, hit me with your best shot" What about Rigel or Betelgeuse ? Those are fairly visible, no?[/quote]

There's always some one somewhere thinking its's all about to end or tip over.

Every generation believes it is the special one that is singled out for the big apocalyptic event.

Apolcalyptic predictions churned out continuosly by seers, astrologers etc since time imememorial so far have....you guessed it.... a ~100% failure rate!

I expect a ~100% failure rate in the future. I expect 2012 to drift by without any major convulsion while the major events that have and do occur at other times will be conspicuous in that they were not predicted.

For perspective see here.

http://www.abhota.info/

Martin
granny_skot

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings, Boy scout,

yes one must be prepared for the Katrina's of the world, but consider... you are not living in Latin America, and what may be a prediction for total world change for one area, may have nothing to do with you. (like the Maya's considered us part of their world? I dont think so)

The meteor that devastated ireland, certainly changed the world view in Northern Europe for a while, Probably for native peoples in North everywhere. But mediteranean effect was probably more along the lines of an influx of people and animals moving away from the devastation.

Katrina displaced and killed many, yet there are people living yet in New Orleans, and the city never Truely emptied of them. The Tsunami killled hundreds of thousands of People, yet more survived.

Perhaps a few things to take into consideration are

who made the prediction, and for whom did they make it?

Location, location, location...

take a look at the alignments for the place it was made for and see if it has validity for that place, if so, you might consider NOT being there.

While we live in an uncertain world, and its always possible that some Killer Object from the heavens may come hurdling toward us and destroy the planet, or maybe Alpha Centauri will blow up and radiate us to death... I think a far more probable scenario, is world change of some sort that changes society as a whole, if you speak of regulus and sun aligning with Virgo, I think of population control. or of control period. Virgo tends to present a very controled front...(oh NO!, the human project comes to mind for you movie buffs)

as for 2011, asside from Venus accross the sun, you have a near earth orbit of Mars, which repeats in 2019. good time for a manned operation to mars. If we quit dilly dallying about. Mars is still in the biosphere of sol and would nto be a bad planet to teraform. need to get some greenhouse gases going and warm it up a bit. Wink

And yes I try to keep the bottled water in stock and the cupboards stocked and candles and ... no I wasnt a boyscout, I worked for the forrest dept. for a bit, where they often haven't heard of things like electricity and other modern conveniences. Wink back up generator is my next big purchase I think. though I'd really like my own windmill.

Granny
wangshan

Posted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some exact words:
" The waters of the lakes will empty into the Gulf, rather than the waterway over which such discussions have been recently made. It would be well if the waterway were prepared, but not for that purpose for which it is at present being considered. " Not sure what was being considered then.
There are many websites for Edgar Cayce in addition to his own institution. Here is a link that is a quick read;
http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce11.html
And actually I have always planned to move out to a more rural setting. So this is just a matter of timing.Beleive me Granny , I'm not afraid of death, I'm not crazy(tho sometimes I think I may be one step shy of rambling to brickwalls and fighting with the lamposts) ..I have been marinated in the finest of western thought ,soaked in logic and steeped in science(Graduate degree from the Univ. of Chicago) and I have seen the limits of that.So if I bother to mention stuff ,it's not that I haven't thought it out a little. We do live in an uncertain world , but 2 things you can count on at some point in time are earthquakes and floods. And it is exactly the surviving part that is scary...who is better off ..the person who died or the person left behind with no family , no home , no money no belongings??? Fat chance I would have of being killed off right away Confused
I mean who knows what is in store for anyone at anytime, right , it is knowlege not acted on that is the sin.
I really do appreciate your feedback btw, I just feel a little ...I don't know maybe I SHOULD be committed!!! It is driving me nuts!! Oh yeah ..when was that meteor in Ireland?? History is not my forte.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: