Its a little bit difficult to comment with no accurate birth time for one of the key contenders-Kevin Rudd, the leader of the Australian Labor Party. Rudd is certainly riding high in the Australian polls right now:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/6483795.stm

The flat data for Kevin Rudd is 21 Sep 1957, 12:00 pm, AEST -10:00
Nambour Australia, 26?S38', 152?E58'

Here is an article by an Australian astrologer giving a rectification chart for Kevin Rudd based on key life events: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~dymock/instal35.html

According to the Australian astrologer Ed Tamplin the data for the current Australian Prime Minister John Howard is July 26 1939 at 2.21 am , Sydney.

In terms of national charts for Australia there are two main candidates: The settlement chart of 1788 based on the point of British colonization and the 'Federation' chart timed for the de facto independence from Britain in 1901. The later is probably more appropriate here. The legal creation of the Federation came at midnight GST, 01/01/1901(Melbourne). However, the official proclamation came at 13.25pm GST on 01/01/1901 (Melbourne) Most astrologers seem to prefer the 13.25pm chart with its strong Sagittarian emphasis.

Hopefully, this data will assist a discussion on the possible outcome of the election.

Hello,

I am too busy to look into this much at the moment. However, I will take a detailed look at the weekend.

Its worth noting that the election is expected to take place in November.

Rudd has some very heavy transits going on then such as a Pluto/Jupiter square to his natal Sun and a Neptune opposition to his natal Moon.

Is there anyone out there that wants to have a crack at predicting the election ? There is only 5 months to go before we go to the polling booths.

I'm excited at the thought of the Howard government getting the boot after 10 years of power. I'm desperate to have a change and there is a feeling around that the Howard government could get inilated this time.

I wish I could predict the outcome but I don't have the ability to even give it a go. I just want to know if I will be able to party that night or will I have to drown my sorrows at the prospect of another 3 years of this spineless, greedy, liars of a government ?
Remember that everything we have somebody before us shed blood,sweat and tears so we could have a better life !

Australian Fed Elections

SunPluto,

With Apec now over and Sydney settling back to normal, the Feds will sit for two weeks, then break for three weeks. This brings us to mid-October before we have the official announcement of the Federal Election date. Dymock Brose likes Nov 10, 07 while Milton Black likes Nov 24, 07.

Rudd could be moving a little too quickly campaiging as we speak - could we have the tortoise and hare race upon us?

The birth data I have concurs with that quoted and source is Esoteric Techs Aussie Charts.

The 13.25 Jan 01, 1901 AST - 1.00 hrs Australian chart works well. Some Astrologers like to relocate this chart to Canberra - seat of Federal Parliament. Lat 35S17 L 149E08

Julie K

I find it very interesting that you dont have a SET Federal Election date.

The reason that the United States has a set day, Always the first Tuesday in November that is NOT November 1st, is because she was a colonial state, and wanted the backwoods people and settlers in out of the way regions to KNOW, when election day was so they could come out of the back country to vote. Australia being a colonial country I would have thought they would have had some similar setup.

Not having a set date means that they can sway elections by swaying the date. Intriguing.

granny!

Australian Fed Elections

Granny,

The Prime Minister holds all the cards when it comes to a decision to call a Fed Election. He has a time frame but the actual date is his call. Yes the most opportune time is chosen.

Our voting system is uniform through out the country. There is no variation from State to State and there are no chads! We do have outlying areas and casting a vote via post is available to those in this scenario and those overseas.

We are not seen as Colonial these days. <g>!

Julie K

Rudd has a natal rectified to 15 Capricorn asc. So I've been using that one.

Saturn is less than 5 degrees away from Mercury.
On the election date, Mercury is about 20 degrees away from conjuncting Saturn.
A nice (almost) double aspect between the rectified 1st and 6th house rulers. Everything that I would look for when someone would start a prominent position. Oh, besides the Mercury square Moon.

Sure, he has the Moon in Leo with Cappy rising, but besides that, I can't look at his natal and think "country leader"

With good old George Bush, sorry, I mean John Howard :D his natal does like that of a country leader to me. Just so happens he is the country leader. Good start.

Howard has a 6th house ruler aspect coming up: Pluto Q Pluto.
Thought that to be a good/bad aspect, depending on the planets involved.
Seen as though Pluto is involved, I would take that as OK, due to the movement like a slug. He also has a Full-Moon in the 1st. Good day to pick. :'

Pluto Q Pluto for Howard, before Saturn hits Mercury for Rudd. Just about to come up for a retrograde.

Despite good aspects for Rudd, I still say John Howard will win, but likely to be very close, which goes against opinion polls.
Maybe the positive aspects for Rudd indicate he will get an excellent job, but not be leader.

You can get Howard at very good odds, but I won't be touching that one at all.