Missing Woman

These things are always a little gruesome, but I thought I'd post a missing person chart that we might work with.

A week or so ago a woman was last heard from on her cell phone in a shopping mall parking lot exclaim "Oh my God!" When the phone went dead. She hasn't been seen since. A suspect is in custody, but as of this writing, she hasn't been found.

Nov 22, 2003
5:OO PM CST
Grand Forks, North Dakota USA

The missing person, like the querent in horary, gets the ASC, its ruler and the Moon. In this chart, the ASC is Gemini, its ruler is Mercury in detriment in Sagittarius, and the Moon is in detriment in Scorpio. Clearly our subject is in trouble. Mercury is in a weak mutual reception with Jupiter, the planet last aspected by Mercury, and the ruler of the 7th house. Jupiter also rules the next planet Mercury aspects, Mars in Pisces, in 11.

Mercury is dominated by Jupiter being in Jupiter?s rulership and triplicity.
Who is Jupiter? Although the ruler of the 11th, I think we can eliminate the possibility that Jupiter is her friend. Jupiter is in the rulership and exaltation of Mercury indicating his compulsion since we can eliminate complicity on her part.

Lilly describes Jupiter as straight upright and tall, brown, ruddy complexion, strong proportioned thighs and legs. Virgo is described as slender body, mean height, ruddy brown complexion, black hair, ... ?but no beautiful creature.? Jupiter opposes Mars in Pisces. Lilly describes Mars as strong, and well-composed, ruddy complexion and Pisces as somewhat short. Racial characteristics must also be taken into consideration. A tall American is going to be a good bit taller than most tall Chinese, a certain NBA player excepted. Most testimonies add up to a well-built man with a ruddy complexion something above mean height for his ethnic background. This might describe the suspect in custody; I?ve seen photos but no physical description (height, weight, etc).

Mercury?s next aspect is to Mars, ruler of the 12th house of captivity. The Arabic part of captivity is conjunct the 12th house cusp. Mars is in a water sign, so she may have been taken to an area near a river or lake. Mercury trines the 12th cusp; my guess is she went without a struggle thinking this was her best chance for survival.

The Moon doesn?t give us much hope either. Moon is in fall in Scorpio, and aspects the south node, where you get hurt. The Moon is conjunct the fixed star Zuben Elgenubi or the south scale, one of the more malefic stars. Robson says: ?It causes malevolence, obstruction, an unforgiving character, violence, disease, lying, crime, disgrace, and danger of poison.? With the Moon he adds: ?Trouble through the opposite sex, ??

The Moon?s next aspect, like that of Mercury, is to Mars in Pisces and here we might want to take a look at the water triplicity and Mars rulership. We think of water as the stuff that comes out of the tap. Water also is the sea, an unforgiving tempestuous barrier. Pope Gregory the Great called the sea ? our heart, troubled by anger, bitter with strife, swelling with the height of pride, dark with the deceit of malice.? Sounds like our perpetrator whether he is the man in custody or not.

The end of the matter is the 4th house ruled by the Sun. The Sun has just set in North Dakota. The Sun is dominated by Jupiter having just entered Sagittarius, and being in Jupiter?s rulership, triplicity, and terms. The Sun is weak and in the 6th house, but has no obvious connection with the house of death or its ruler. The Sun has just separated from the part of death at 0 Virgo. The Moon recently separated from Saturn ruler of the 8th. Maybe there is hope, but that isn?t the way these things usually go. The police apparently don?t think she is alive, as it is reported that they will not offer him a deal, i.e., a lighter charge in exchange for information regarding her whereabouts. Or maybe they aren?t that sure they have the right man. Neptune is close to the MC, the authorities.

Does anyone else have anything to say about this chart? I haven?t done too many of them, so I?m sure I missed things.

Tom

Tom,
Very interesting... I would just add a few things:
Mercury is in a weak mutual reception with Jupiter, the planet last aspected by Mercury, and the ruler of the 7th house. Jupiter also rules the next planet Mercury aspects, Mars in Pisces, in 11.
According to the chart that I did and the one that Deb has posted, Mercury is just about to square Jupiter, or could be considered almost exactly square jupiter at this time. So if this is the case, the last planet that Mercury aspected was a square to Neptune on the MC and the next planet that it will aspect would be Mars in the 11th, intercepted in the 6th and ruler of the 12th. Maybe this person was a tenant, lodger or coworker?
Furthermore, I think the connection between Mercury and Jupiter is not weak, it is quite strong, they are in mutual reception by rulership and then again by rulership and exaltation. So I would say that the missing woman was in contact with someone that she was quite comfortable with and knew, but he was more euphoric with her. She is squaring Jupiter, is at odds with him. The prior square with Neptune in a watery sign and exaltation seems ominous, definitely seems a connection with water; and the next aspect with Mars, ruler of the 12th, house of seclusion, murder, captives, unseen dangers etc. appears to have terrible implications for the future.

I would be curious to know if anyone has any details about the man in custody. Is this someone she knows? What is the connection between her and him and why did they arrest him?

Hi Tom,

There's currently a similar situation in Sydney with a woman disappearing around the same time. She hasn't been found yet and there aren't a lot of clues.

I was getting a little confused with a couple of your points until I think I found the problem. Can you confirm that you used Regiomontanus house cusps? I was working off Placidus and got a Jupiter ruled 8th house rather than the Saturn ruled that you stated in your delineation. Also puts Saturn firmly back in the 2nd whereas I had it in the 3rd. I guess to avoid confusion we should all work with the same house system.

Nov 22, 2003
5:OO PM CST
Grand Forks, North Dakota USA

The missing person, like the querent in horary, gets the ASC, its ruler and the Moon.
I suppose this is an event chart made for the moment the person was last heard (over the cell phone).

Never have had a case of a missing person in my life. Tried to do some of the cases presented on the net and then look at the outcome afterwards. That's all. However, I printed this thread and made some notes so I'll try to work out something.

Chart is radical. It's the Mercury hour and Mercury is Ac ruler. There are no strictures to judgement.

I'll try to sort out my thinking on this and emphasize the importance of
- angularity
- dignities & receptions combined
- the Moon's position and movements (previous and next)

According to angularity priorities, the first thing we can see is Neptune on MC. Someone is unclear about this situation, but who is that someone? According to Tom it can be authorities (the police). If so, then we should explore why Saturn, the ruler of MC, is posited in the second and why the last aspect the Moon made was this trine to Saturn. We are talking about an event chart, so if the Moon cosignified the querent, then the querent would have had something to do with the police before the event. Also if Saturn is police (authorities) then we should also observe the fact that both Mars and Jupiter (in this case the suspect/suspects) had something to do with Saturn (police) before. On the other hand, if we suppose that Saturn is a person close to the querent (husband, boyfriend, the best friend or anyone who had received that phonecall ), then we could suppose that prior to the event of being missing, the querent was in contact with that person represented by Saturn, but then also, we could suppose that Saturn person had been in contact both with Mars and Jupiter (suspects) in the past. Conclusion - whoever Saturn might be - he should know both kidnappers from before.

Being held somewhere against her will - it looks like that Moon in Sco - its own fall and intercepted sign in the sixth. Both significators are in rather unfavourable position - Mercury in sag - detriment, Moon in sco - fall. However, Mercury has a dignity by term. Could we say there's still a hope, or the querent might have thought that at the beginning. We can also observe that Mercury is under the influence of Jupiter, while Moon is under the influence of Mars. Mercury (the querent) is endangered both by Jupiter and Mars by tightly applying squares, showing an immediate event, but we can say that Ju is more benevolent (or dependant ) on Mercury - mutual reception - while Mars is in the sign of Mercury's fall and detriment. If that is so, then we could suppose that Mars is (or was) a real life threat to Mercury. If so, this could leave us with two possibilities - either Mars is not the man the police have or Mars is exactly the man the police have in which case the situation leaves us without much hope I'm afraid. (I'm trying to be optimistic, that's why I'm having a hard time writing this and wonder how to put it exactly. I sincerely hope I'm not right about this. Like Tom said this can sometimes get gruesome, but we have to explore all the possibilities and that's exactly what I've been trying to do. Fact is, the only thing that leaves me hoping is this term dignity of Mercury and this mutual reception of Me-Ju).

Another thing we could try to follow is when the situation will be resolved. Sun is in Sag - at the beginning- means the situation started to unveil the moment she made that phonecall. At least what is known is that she found herself in a situation she didn't know how to deal with ("Oh, my God"). Now when Sunc conjoins Mercury - it will have made 16 degrees progres.
If we look at the Moon and its progress through Scorpio, it has 14 degrees to make until it leaves Scorpio and enters Sagittarius. The combination of the sign and house occupied by Moon (fixed and mutable) can refer to middle measure of time which in this case could be days. The Sun's movement also refers to days by itself. If this is true, then we can suppose news about her would be heard when Moon makes conjunction to Sun by level-a day direction, which can even indicate today-tomorrow, and the situation could be resolved two days after that. I sincerely hope she's alive, but Mercury doesn't leave much hope here, since it has already made its way to the eighth by transit. And one more thing it makes an applying conjunction to that Pluto thing.

God, I hope I'm wrong, Deb, I want to quit. (that's the feeling I'm having right now).

additional remarks:

since this is an event chart, and Mercury is about to make a square with Jupiter, we can suppose that Me-Ju situation happened in the mall. After that Mercury made square to Mars - Mars rules the 12th (as Tom said captivity) Moon also made aspects to Ju and Ma at the same time - now we can observe Pisces where Mars is as the possible place where the querent might have been taken. We could try to define pisces here in this chart - it's a place opposite of Jupiter (could be somehow physically opposite) where this Jupiter (that's in its detriment here) feels good, it' a watery place. It's a place where Jupiter cools down (Ju is hot and moist - Pisces are cold and moist) - Mars is hot and dry - pisces are cold and moist - yet, Mars is in its own triplicity here. I don't know how that place in North Dakota looks like. Any rivers/bigger boats there?
You see, Mars can be a person like we supposed, but can it also be a place, I wonder - Jupiter's place like boat or some watery place where someone could be held against his will?
(must say these are quesses, sometimes they work)

- Sun rules the 4th - the end of the matter - another thing - looking at the time of event, one day before that i.e. on 21st of November, Sun perfected square with Uranus. Can this be of a significance? Had anything happened a day before the event that could be connected with the situation?

-again, I hope this woman lives

Lots of things to reply to:
According to the chart that I did and the one that Deb has posted, Mercury is just about to square Jupiter, or could be considered almost exactly square jupiter at this time. So if this is the case, the last planet that Mercury aspected was a square to Neptune on the MC and the next planet that it will aspect would be Mars in the 11th
When I do horaries or events like this, I don't use the outer planets. Mercury has not yet perfected his aspect to Jupiter, with whom he is in mutual reception. I forget if I either missed this or simply accepted the partile square as good enough. Either way this is sloppy on my part. I'll take another look.

The facts are these. The young woman worked at a store in a shopping mall. She probably got off work at 5:00 PM and several minutes later was in her car talking to her boyfriend on her cell phone. She yelled, "Oh my God," and the phone went dead. It is very unlikely she knew her assailant.
Furthermore, I think the connection between Mercury and Jupiter is not weak, it is quite strong, they are in mutual reception by rulership and then again by rulership and exaltation.
Neither planet is strong as they are both in detriment. They work together, but they cannot help each other. It's like two drunks helping each other home. It is some help but not much. Mercury in detriment describes the woman's situation quite clearly. She is weak. Her assailant is also weak (if Jupiter is the assailant; see below). Whoever did this is not of sound mind. He needs a gun (probably) to overpower a woman, and normal relationships are not part of the makeup. That the chart shows these two working together is accurate.
I would be curious to know if anyone has any details about the man in custody. Is this someone she knows? What is the connection between her and him and why did they arrest him?

He was arrested for a variety of reasons, I'm sure, but they went to him as he was a known sex offender. I don't believe there was any contact between Dru and this man prior to the event.

From Sue:
I was getting a little confused with a couple of your points until I think I found the problem. Can you confirm that you used Regiomontanus house cusps?

Yes I did and I don't usually do that; it was a mistake. I'll use Placidus from this point on. I did receive an e-mail from a friend of mine who suggested I use equal houses for this chart. She said it was frightening. I haven't done that yet, but I'll look at it that way, too as time permits. Sorry about that Sue.

From Violin:
now we can observe Pisces where Mars is as the possible place where the querent might have been taken.
I would look to Jupiter first, but not rule out Mars either. Jupiter in the 5th in close orb to Mercury could mean a place of entertainment, a park, for example, or other such place. Mars is in a water sign so near a body of water or river.
We are talking about an event chart, so if the Moon cosignified the querent, then the querent would have had something to do with the police before the event.
This is what makes these charts difficult, but I think we can sort it out with the known actions. She just left her place of employment, so in this instance, Saturn might be the ruler of that. She worked at Victoria's Secrets and they are in the fantasy business, aren't they? :wink:
On the other hand, if we suppose that Saturn is a person close to the querent (husband, boyfriend, the best friend or anyone who had received that phonecall ),
This is interesting. Sagittarius on the DSC, mutual reception with Lords 1 and 7. She was talking to her boyfriend at the time of the incident. Perhaps Jupiter does not represent the abductor, and we need to look elsewhere? Where? I'll think on it.

Gotta run for now. More later.

Tom

The facts are these. The young woman worked at a store in a shopping mall. She probably got off work at 5:00 PM and several minutes later was in her car talking to her boyfriend on her cell phone. She yelled, "Oh my God," and the phone went dead. It is very unlikely she knew her assailant.
This is interesting. Sagittarius on the DSC, mutual reception with Lords 1 and 7. She was talking to her boyfriend at the time of the incident. Perhaps Jupiter does not represent the abductor, and we need to look elsewhere? Where? I'll think on it.
Let's try to see it this way. She's talking to a boyfriend - Jupiter, Mercury in mutual receptions - and there's a break of conversation - square - and then the action transfers to Mars attacking Mercury by square - in this case we see Mars as attacker and Jupiter as a boyfriend. Here we need to observe several things

- the whole thing happened after five (after work) so Mercury is even more angular than it looks in this chart.
- Neptune is on the very MC if the attack (we suppose that's it) happened some 10-15 minutes later. So NEptune is the most angular in this chart and MC is ruled by Saturn in 2nd. Could it be possible that someone from work was waiting somewhere near her car (property, Sa connections with 2 and 3, 3 is still cancer, meaning something same going on connected to the next house - car 2, starting the engine to drive 3) waiting for her to get into it and then. What is Saturn doing; we see it's in its detriment and Mars's fall - sexually frustrated and/or older man? (Sa in Ca - somehow reminds me of Norman Bates or whatever's that psycho's name is )
Mercury is nearing conjunction with Pluton after it has perfected squares with Jupiter and Mars
- What's Neptune doing on MC - and can we connect it with the person of authority and debilitated sexuality (being ruled by Sarturn in detriment which I described) plus there was an aspect of Moon to that Saturn before. It's also interesting to note that there's no aspect of Mercury and Saturn.
So, it's possible that the querent has never talked or coworked with Saturn directly, but she was noticed by Saturn as a woman (Moon made aspect to Saturn 4 degrees before).
- Sun (meaning the end of the matter) is nearing the place where the last eclipse ocurred. Having mentioned this I remembered what Sue said

There's currently a similar situation in Sydney with a woman disappearing around the same time. She hasn't been found yet and there aren't a lot of clues.
ok. I'm aware this is different from what I told before,
i 'll keep trying

This is interesting. Sagittarius on the DSC, mutual reception with Lords 1 and 7. She was talking to her boyfriend at the time of the incident. Perhaps Jupiter does not represent the abductor, and we need to look elsewhere? Where?
I had a thought that the abductor could possibly be signified by Saturn but I'm not really sure it makes sense. With Saturn in the 3rd house, which has rulership over cars, it made me wonder if the assailant was already hiding in the back seat when she got into the car. The problem is that Saturn has no contact with Mercury, the woman's primary significator. The Moon has contact with Saturn though, having recently separated from it. It could be that she has just left her place of employment as you mentioned Tom (Saturn ruling 10th house). But could it also represent her employer or another person in authority over her? Saturn is in its detriment so is not in a strong position. Is it possible that the employer or someone who had some sort of authority over her had something to do with this? Neptune close to the Mc. Maybe the assailant was pretending to be something he wasn't.

Was she taken from her car or was she made to drive somewhere in her own car? Does anyone know this information? Among other things, Mercury is in a Jupiter ruled house and Jupiter is in a Mercury ruled house. That the 7th and 8th are both ruled by Jupiter makes me think that it is still possible the assailant is signified by Jupiter. If this woman is dead then whoever is represented by the 7th most likely contributed to her death. I'm not completely convinced that she didn't know the person. Jupiter as ruler of the 8th and Venus in the 8th have some mixed reception. I find it strange that the two planets that describe the manner of death are benefics given that it is unlikely this was an easy death. Of course, it is only an assumption at this point that she is dead.

The end of the matter (4th house), is ruled by the Sun in Sagittarius, disposited by Jupiter ruler of the 8th house cusp of death. As Tom said, the Sun is dominated by Jupiter.

Having said all of this, I have no idea really. I'd like to think she will be found safe and well but I'd say the chances aren't good.

as I was looking at the chart over and over again, things keep ocurring to me. Among them this one:
in a case like this we need to explore all the possibilities the chart can give, even if it leads us in all possible directions. This is especially valuable if there is a grouping of factors of the same kind around one particular significator in the chart, because it's a good sign that chart is trying to tell us something. The harder part is this - chart is doing it its own way and we know that astrological symbolism has got a myirad layers.
We can see that water appears to be a significant factor grouping here -first we have Moon - the fastest moving body - in Sco(river), Mars in Pisces (sea), then Saturn in Ca ( lake) then (last but not least) Ne on MC - question is what this water stands for - must it be a water literally. It can, of course, but, looking at the facts known so far, it doesn't need to.

If we assume that Sa is attacker, we can associate three bodies with him - Ma (pisces) squaring Mercury, Sa (cancer) plus that Ne on MC. We can associate Ne with sea, Pisces with sea, Cancer with lake (still water). We can have a picture of "a man from the sea". Now there's a question what this picture might refer to. It can be
- someone who comes from a country known as a place with the big sea.
- someone who has a name (or surname) closely connected with the sea
(just as an example: if someone is Italian - name like Marino or something)

Now, this may look far-fetched to someone, but I've seen things like this work in charts.

There is a site set up on the internet with information regarding the victim - http://www.finddru.com/index.html

Details of the man held in custody are available at http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/s ... 392190.htm

Because this is an event chart for a significant moment in time, I?m not convinced that the missing woman is signified by the ascendant. I?m not convinced she isn?t, BTW, but I?m willing to explore the chart from other angles. As the initiator of the event, the ascendant might signify the attacker. That may fit better in the sense that Mercury has been void of course (doing nothing, lying low), but now applies to Jupiter, leading the action. Mercury is conjunct Pluto and on the square of Mars, so involved in a very malevolent and cruel configuration ? in the 7th house: intent on attacking another. Jupiter would then describe the victim: opposed by Mars she is confronted by an assault. Jupiter is in the 5th house for the attacker suggesting that he views her as someone capable of fulfilling a sexual inclination; the victim has Mars in her 5th house and Uranus on the cusp of her 5th house, describing a brutal, sexually motivated violation. Mercury rules her 8th house and therefore sadly appears to be an agent of death.

Like I said, I?m not sure that this is the best way to read the chart ? it?s another angle on it. I?m hoping to learn from this chart as facts come to light and we can evaluate it with the benefit of hindsight.

I?m also not sure how to place the Moon at this stage, but it moves from the semi-sextile of Mercury to the sextile of Jupiter in between its separating trine from Saturn and its applying trine to Mars. There is a powerful grand trine in water in a chart that has Neptune on the MC. This must surely be pointing to a watery connection. Reports state that a further call from the phone was traced to a town called ?Fisher? where a signal continued until it faded out 24 hours later.
Fisher is about 12 miles east of Grand Forks. Mercury and the Sun ? ruler of the 4th house, are in Sagittarius which describes a location to the south east, in elevated ground. I think the watery connection goes further than that though.

The Moon seems very apt for describing the man in custody. After its contact with Mars it goes void of course except for the square to Uranus at the end of the sign. This might indicate that after a period of silence he eventually breaks down and offers information. Mars rules the 12th house and both the Moon and mercury apply to Mars so seem to describe him going back into prison.

He was taken into custody at 7:20pm on Monday 1st December, from his home at Crookston (Crooks town ? too literal to be taken seriously, surely!). The chart below is for the moment of arrest. I do think they have the right man based on using Mercury and the Moon. Mercury is angular and therefore likely to be discovered quickly. I don?t see anything in the chart to suggest the police have the wrong man.

There are some very malevolent fixed stars involved in this chart:

Mercury is conjunct Ras Algethi (nature=Saturn) ? gives a violence and destructiveness, especially towards women. (This adds to my inclination to give Mercury to the perpetrator).

Moon conjunct Southern Scale (nature= Saturn/Mars) ? Tom has already described its malevolent character. Ebertin and Hoffman also add danger with water. The water theme keeps coming up in the chart and is repeated by the ascendant conjunct the Hyades, (the name derives from ?rain?). The Hyades are connected with watery conditions and have a very violent reputation, associated with murder and sexual perversion.

Jupiter is conjunct Mizar (nature=Mars) ? connected with fires, catastrophic events and calamities. An Arabic title translates as ?neck of the maiden?, and it is connected with mourning. I?m inclined to take Jupiter for the victim, and wonder if this may have bearing upon injuries sustained.

I?m hoping that the Sun?s application to the sextile of the MC indicates that her whereabouts will be discovered. Sagittarius and Aquarius both relate to hilly or elevated ground; Aquarius might suggest a mine or somewhere near a spring or running water. I?ve made some other notes but they are too speculative. This chart can only give us a small part of the picture, it would be very useful to have birth data or other information to consider it against.

Fisher actually lies south-east of Grand Forks on the road that runs between Grand Forks and Crookston. It stands on Red Lake River. That does seems to resonate to Mars in Pisces and Moon in Scorpio.