Tradtional Astrology Lectures

The Astrological Society of Princeton, New Jersey, is featuring some traditional astrology that we hope is of interest to anyone in and out of our area.

This Sunday, March 7, Dorian Greenbaum will give a talk at our regular meeting on the determination of the Temperament She will use contemporary charts to demonstrate the technique, lest someone think it only works with medieval charts :wink: . Dorian is the translator of Late Classical Astrology: Paulus Alexandrinus and Olympiodorus, published by ARHAT, and she just inked a deal with the Wessex Astrologer to publish a book about the Temperament. The meeting begins at 2:00 PM Members, and non-members are welcome.

On Saturday April 3, Robert Hand will give a workshop "An Introduction to Medieval Methods of Solar Return." The workshop will run from 1:00 PM until 5:00 PM Cost for non-members is $40.00 Members $30. On Sunday, Mr. Hand will give a lecture at the regular meeting: "John Dee, Astrologer and Magee."

Mr. Hand of course is well known to astrologers, and his lectures are what one would expect from a man with such a strong background both as an historian and practicing astrologer. His lecture usually fills up quick and pre-registration is recommended.

Sunday Meetings are held at The Educational Testing Service, Princeton NJ, Conant Hall near the intersection of Rosedale & Carter Roads. I strongly suggest going to Map Quest or some such site and getting directions or write to me directly. The campus is huge and somewhat unexpectedly it is in a largely residential area. A $10 donation is suggested for non-members at the meetings $5 for members.

Hand's workshop is held in a private residence in Princeton. 173 Harrison Street. Harrison is a main street not difficult to find; just look for the number or get in touch with me.

We would love to see anyone who is able to attend the lectures and we always want new members. Membership is inexpensive, I think its $35 for the year, and we get top speakers covering all facets of astrology; there is ongoing instruction at all levels This spring there are classes for beginners, classes on synastry and on mundane astrology for more advanced practitioners.

The website for ASP is: www.aspnj.org

Hope to see you there.

Tom