Career Question

Hi all,
I have another opportunity that I am quite interested in so I asked a the question, "Will I get the job with S?"

I have been in a long, frustrating job search and am at the end of my rope financially and quite concerned. My part-time job that I am doing is not as lucrative as I had hoped and I really need to find work. This job seems to match my qualifications and I hope that I have a chance.

I asked the question on June 6 at 11:05 p.m. in St Louis Missouri, US, and I used the Koch System.

Capricorn is on the Ascendant at 26 degrees. I don't like Saturn, however, it represents my worry and stress. Capricorn in in Its late degrees indicates reaching the "end of my rope" so I think this fits. Saturn is in the 7th (angular house, good) The Moon is in the 1st also in detriment in Capricorn. Neptune is also in the first house (am I seeing things clearly? )Scorpio is on the Cusp of the 10th and Mars is in Aries in the 3rd house, a cadent house, but as far as the 3rd house goes, it does describe the job in part -- communications.

So, when I look for applying aspects I see Mars applying to Saturn in a trine. The Moon semisquares Saturn as well.

Any thoughts-- help is appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Maddie

Hi Maddie,

Neptune in the 1st is not relevant here as it is floating about in the house. If it were prominent on the Asc or some other relevant house cusp or planet, then we would take note (much like a fixed star).

Also, I would not call Saturn angular, as he is not prominently on the cusp, or even within 5 degrees of it. He is in the next sign along from the cusp, in detriment, which I would take to indicate your weak position at the moment. In this case, L1 being in the 7th indicates your dependency on the whims of others in this situation, and also that you are getting quite desperate now - the idea is, instead of standing your ground and staying in your own house (L1 in dignity in 1st house), you've become desperate and have trekked all the way over to the other side of the chart trying to find something, which has put you in a weak position (compare this to the last chart, where your significator was very strongly essentially dignified, whereas here, L1 is essentially debilitated).

Other points:

Moon on 2nd cusp - highlighting the money worries!

Going back to your comment about Neptune - I've just noticed that Saturn actually applies to perfect his opposition to Neptune. So this would indicate more confusion and things not being clear. Neptune is always a "foggy" sort of influence. Whether it's the kind that beaches ships or the kind that lends one to pick flowers...

Now for the bad news. I doubt you will get this job because:

1. Mars in Aries is in the fall of Saturn - the job hates you and is therefore unlikely to choose you. The applying trine indicates that whatever happens, it will happen easily - but the lack of positive reception indicates it will not be a positive thing that happens easily!

2. The Moon is VOC, indicating nothing will come of the question, and things will continue as they were before.

In horary we use only the classical aspects: sextile, square, trine and opposition.

End note: when the Moon changes sign into Pisces, she will apply to trine Mercury in Cancer. I know this is 8 degrees away but I think in the context of your ON-GOING job hunt we can take this as ANOTHER opportunity in the "communications" area - Mercury! - which will come to you.

One thing I do wonder about this chart though - what could Venus in Leo symbolise, sitting in the 7th near the cusp? She rules the 4th and 9th.

Kerrie,

Thank you for yet another wonderful analyiss! I have so much to learn.

I do sound like a sad sack wandering around this chart... but your interpretation seems to fit. I'm wondering if I were to ask a chart as to where/how best to find work if that would be helpful?

As for the 7th house action, I am currently single at the moment. What do you think it means?

Thanks so much,

Maddie

Hi Maddie,

Your relationship status is not relevant to this chart as the question was about the job! Horary uses one question per chart - for a new question, we need a new chart :) The 7th house stuff in this chart is about your being in the hands of others.

You could try asking what would be your best direction, yes, but I wouldn't recommend it as 1. you already seem very aware of the issues around your job hunt and pretty sure of your direction, and 2. this would be a more general question and hence more difficult to interpret. Job hunts are the worst, really, it feels like just waiting for the right thing to come along. If you feel you need more general guidance then you could ask, but it could be tricky working out how to pose the question...

Keren