Will I receive the book?

Oh, life's ironies know no bounds. On May 25 I ordered a copy of Christian Astrology via a private seller via Amazon; the payment left my bank that day, and I have yet to receive the book. The situation is made even more difficult by the fact that I am now in the US and am having the book sent to my mother-in-law's house in the UK, where Mr. Gunhilde is staying until the 14th. So really, I need the book to be delivered *before* the 14th; otherwise, my flaky MIL may never send it.

I just sent a very cross email to the seller, and afterwards ran a chart:

Will I receive the book?
9 June 2007
21:37 hrs
Tucson, Arizona, USA

Now, the irony is that I am having trouble with this chart! :lol: Clearly I need my copy of C.A. desperately. I'll read it (the chart, that is) as far as I'm able, but I would be very grateful for input.

I am Saturn, sitting in detriment in the 7th, the seller's house. Obviously I am at a disadvantage and am entirely dependent on the seller coming through.

The seller is represented by the Moon at 11 deg Aries. S/he is in the sign of my fall, and rightly I am very hacked off with him/her at the moment.

Now, here's where I come unglued. :-? Do I take the 2nd of 'my' possessions, since I bought the darned thing; or the 9th of books, or the TURNED 9th of 'the seller's books'? Or the turned 2nd of seller's possessions?

If I take the turned 9th, it becomes my 3rd, with Mars as significator, applying in 1 degree or so to a trine with me, Saturn. I would take this as a yes, and it will be delivered shortly.

If I take the radix 9th as my book, it is ruled by Venus, still in the seller's possession and I am likely to not ever get it; the Moon would be prohibited from translating to Saturn by Jupiter and Mars.

I don't want this hassle and would rather demand my money back. My money (also Saturn) is in the seller's possession, too. :x

Oh, help. I've made it all this way without ever owning a 'real' copy of C.A.; the Fates surely couldn't be so cruel as to deny me one now! :(

A lost Gunhilde.

Hi Gunhilde--

Let me have a quick look. (which means that i am trying to read a circular chart--not used to it unless i draw it in square form in my register)

-The angles are cardinal plus fixed.

-The Moon is in 3rd house (house of joy) and applying to her dispositor Mars who also happens to be dignified. So, Moon is working.

-POF is in Pisces and second house. So, quite strong and good omen.

If i take this question 1-9 (delivery of book).

Then Moon (seller) collects the book (Venus) and delivers to you (Saturn) . See if the contacts are within the moiety of orbs.

If i take this question 2-8 (Seller transferring his property to you.

Sun (L 8 ) applies to Saturn (L1 & L2) by a sextile. But before Sun applies to Saturn. Mars (L3) makes a contact with Sun, who eventually joins by an aspect to Saturn. So, if you can relax the book is yours. But your e-mail (L3-Mars) has kind of confused the seller. :lol:

Since Mars( angry email) is the key factor in this horary. So, Seller is under the strong effect of the email. Moon in the house of Mars.

------------

I down loaded CA from mithras93.tripod.com. Took prints and bound it in book form. It has only costed me few dollars.

P.s without the actual book your cocepts and practice is quite good. :)
Regards

Morpheus

https://horusastropalmist.wordpress.com/

Thanks for the input, folks.

I was wondering whether Jupiter might represent my husband; it's a long shot, horary-wise, but the Moon meets the retrograde Jupiter (in my house of friends, which Mr. Gunhilde is) first, which could mean that he takes delivery of the book and brings it to me. It may also just signify that I'll get my wish, after a delay (retrograde in 11th house).

Ha, I thought about that 3rd house Mars being my angry email. The email was a little more abrupt than I meant it to be, but oh well. 8)
I'm still having trouble deciding which significator to use for the book. Any of them could be used, I suppose.

If I get the book in a week I'll have to rely on my MIL to send it to me, heavens help me.

Gryffindor, I have the mithras93 link on my desktop, and refer to this often (and occasionally print something out :) ). But I'm old-fashioned; I like having a book, properly bound. They're like little paper friends.

Yuzuru, would you like to elaborate? You're very cryptic, although I am pleased with the answer. :wink:

GH

The plot thickens. I have just received an email from the seller, indicating that they have refunded the money to me, and the way they couch the email is that they 'are very sorry I have not yet received my book', and that 'if it arrives could I please notify them'. This could be an indication that they *did* send the book, although they don't clearly state this.

I guess I'll have to wait and see, but at least I got my money back! :lol:

GH