What are the best transits for the career?

What transits are good for looking for work? What about asking the boss for a promotion? And changing careers?

I currently have Saturn in the 6th house. It's apparently positive for the career but it hasn't done much for me as I've been stuck in a temping job rut for quite while. I'm looking for permanent work but haven't found what I'm looking for yet.

What transit did you have when you last changed jobs?

My dob is 22 October 1978, London, England, 12:30am.

Kindest regards,

Petal

Hallo Petal

Did you write Saturn when you meant Jupiter?

With most house systems Saturn is currently in your 1st or 2nd house (though, in Astrolog which I use, there is a 'Null' house system offered which uses the signs as houses - that puts it in the 6th for everybody) but Saturn transits aren't usually regarded as positive (except by people who are really, really serious about their soul development). Jupiter on the other hand, which is in your 6th, would certainly be regarded as positive for your career.

Saturn in the 2nd suggests a time for getting serious about how you support yourself, and trying to get clear about your values - especially since your natal Saturn is in that house. It's sometimes said that Saturn provides the solid base from which Jupiter jumps, but if Saturn's demands aren't met then Jupiter can't deliver what it promises.

Saturn will transit conjunct your natal Saturn in late August - you've probably been feeling the effects of that since it turned direct in early May. Jupiter is currently retrograde in your 6th and will turn direct in early September; it will move into your 7th house at the end of February.

I would say you shouldn't expect anything very positive over the next few months, but once your Saturn Return is over and Jupiter is moving forward again then you should see more opportunities. But I think it depends to some extent on how you make use of the next few months; the Saturn transit may not be pleasant, but it offers an opportunity for understanding what you really need. If you take that opportunity, and spend that time thinking deeply about where you want to go in the long term, then Jupiter will bring positive opportunities in that direction. If you spend the time just waiting for things to get better, then all it will bring is relief from the stress.

That's my philosophy anyway.

Malcolm

I would tell you my transits when I changed job, but there is not enough space.
Capricorn ruling your 6th house, with Saturn as it's lord. Saturn returns next few months, which will be the best time for you to achieve whatever you set out to in your current role. The chance of anything new is also there. Add a new moon on top which is in positive aspect to Saturn and the bees are singing, the birds are humming, everyone is happy.

1st September 2008 is pretty much bang on!