A review of Football Predictions !

Hi Folks,

I've been away enjoying my Saturn Leo 12th transit.

There are ways to progress even under those conditions.

Stand on the balcony and scream

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!

But the Season is nearly upon us and I was wondering if we'd all like to share a few gems.

I'll start in a seperate post.

H.
Yikkes!

The first question is are you going to do a Horary Chart or an Event ?
Personnally I do Horarys nearly exclusively because I get the nod from the Great Spirit - Lord of the Forest and Deserts, who knows everything.

But that can be hard work because you need to be paying attention to your ID flowing up from your subconscious, and you have to have some sort of moral stance a bit like Zen Buddism.

It won't work if you are in it only for yourself.

Alternatively, there is the Event chart but in a little aside with Goca I don't see how 2 games in the same area in the same time could give anything other than the same score line, all be it 2-1 or 1-2.

Anyway to get a good Horary Chart I imagine it is a bit like a young woman choosing which of here suitors to marry.

She'll probably have the Gut Feeling for the one she wants.

This is same for Horary.

You know when you've got the question.

"God!? I wonder who's going to win between X and Y this weekend ?!"

OK.

That's my first point.

If some others share some of their ideas I'll add some more of mine later.

:-sk

H.
Last edited by Yikkes! on Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yikkes!

Hi Hamish,

I shall be sticking with event charts and going for results rather than exact score lines.
I don't see how 2 games in the same area in the same tim could give anything other than the same score line, all be it 2-1 or 1-2.
The games that start at the same time are impossible to predict - they all produce different results. But there are always a couple of matches that kick off at different times, and those are the ones I looked at last season. On Saturdays it's usually 12.45 and 5.15; Sundays it's 1.30 and 4.00.

Hi Ficina !

How is it possible that all the games that kick off at the same time don't have the same results even if in reverse.

I'm not mixing it here.

There mus be an answer we just have to be brave enough to look for it.

I mean the Asc and MC move from location to location, a bit.

Are we missing something obvious ?

H.
Yikkes!

Im all for using the colour method that Goca has come up with. Where I draw the line is using traditional rulerships rather than modern.

Slight problem technically with Gocas computer progam not allowing modern, but would be interesting to compare the two.

I generally just go on sports knowledge, while using the manager natal as a brief guide. Individual perfomances...look at the players natal.

Hi all,

I've been reviewing all the charts I've looked at this season (19 so far) and thought I'd share a few observations.

A combust planet can still win but not if it's combust and retro.

Jupiter underperformed when it turned direct and was moving very slowly. It didn't win even when placed in 1st house. Now it's moving very fast and appears to be working.

The angular house Moon has been interesting. It didn't work when it was in detriment or fall. When it was significator for the away (Desc) team, but placed in 1st or 10th, the home team won. I shall be continuing to monitor that one.

Another thing I've been watching is the PoF ruler as a contributory factor for a win. It has worked with Venus but not with Jupiter (probably for reason already stated) and 50/50 with Mars. So not really conclusive at this stage, and it could just be coincidence!

Of the 19 matches, the favourites won 10, the underdogs won 4, and 5 were draws. This surprised me as I expected the faves to win more.

Anyone else have any observations so far this season?

Cheers,
Ficina

Ficina
Thank you for your observations, some of which sound new and very interesting to me and I'm going to look at them over the weekend on the charts I've done this season, which can be more than a hundred already, though I'm throwing in the towel at the matches starting at the same time (Goca and Rohan are extremely doing well with them :D )
Last edited by Gem on Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Asian Handicap" is the answer to why games with the same chart produces different results.

An example:

Chelsea vs Sunderland and Liverpool vs Man Utd.... both games have the same event chart. In the chart both Asc and Dsc are equal on points for AD and ED. With Asc is being assigned to Chelsea and Liverpool.... Chelsea won the game 2-0 but Liverpool and Man U drew 0-0. Why? Why did one game has a victor while the other ends in a draw?

Answer:
Because Chelsea has the asian handicap odds of -2 goals. i.e. Chelsea is expected to win by at least 2 clear goals.
Liverpool and Man Utd are both level on asian handicap, i.e. there is no clear favorites.
Therefore Chelsea win but only by 2, and Liverpool draws.

Hello to all of you. Newbie Here! :D Hopefully my inputs would be useful to all of you.

I have been doing football charts for many years now and a fair share of ups and downs. I feel I have reach a bottleneck now where my methods are working quite well but the BIGGEST difficulty is the assignment of ASC and DSC.

For example, If we assign the ASC/DSC based on color and in a game with Aries=ASC between Man Utd (Red) vs Derby (White), naturally Man Utd will be given the Asc right? But Derby's nickname is the "Rams", if you look at Derby's emblem we can see Aries!!!!

Hi Gem,
Over 100 charts? Wow! Lot of hard work there. Unfortunately I lost my previous database of 300 charts when my computer died :-cry Luckily I still have all my notes for the 06/07 season games.

Hi Leeleelee and welcome to the forum. Always good to have another footy fan on board :D Your explanation of the Asian Handicap was really helpful as it's something, like spread betting, that I've always found difficult to understand.

I always assign the Asc to the home team unless the match is on neutral ground, when I assign it to the favourites. I have great respect for Goca's colour method and it's definitely the way to go for those 3pm KOs. However, no method has produced 100% success - so far :brows

Ficina
Sorry to hear about the loss of the precious data... I didn't know your 'internet problem' was as bad as that...

Well I looked at the ruler of the POF in some of the charts while listening to the matches this afternoon but I didn't see anything significant... (possibly it was because I was rather distracted by the radio?). How does it have to be placed to be a contributory factor for a win??

Hi Leeleelee
Good to have someone experienced in football charts :D What sort of method do you use?
I'm ashamed to say I have no idea what 'Asian Handicap' is... though obviously it's a betting term... could anyone tell me what it means?
Last edited by Gem on Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.