I have no doubt the silvery Moon is still doing her stuff, but do wonder whatever happened to the research Arnold Lieber did on the lunar effect?

Last time I read, I heard that most people only 'seem' to get more wild on the full moon is simply because of - well - some incredibly plonkingly 'rational' explanation, anyway....

And he oysters, last I heard, had also been debunked.

Thanks Garry.

That looks intriguing. I have seen a lot of reports recently that have gone to great lengths to poohpooh any ideas that the full moon influences human behaviour,or that our palms get hairy, or anything else whatsoever of that ilk.

I saw this evening that there is a video talking about 'thousands flocking to the Arizona desert for a dose of 'lunar therapy.'

These people go in the hopethat sleepng under the light of the silvery moon can cure cancer and other ills.

I did skim the article posted here and did hear about the Lunacy Act. Again, Arnold Lieber seemed to think it was true enough.

Yet I have also heard that SAD is considered to be form of bi-polar disorders, which Lieber claimed could be triggered by ful moons, though here it is lack of sunlight that is blamed at least for the depresive lows of dark winters. Somehow, it seems more ok to tie in mood disorders with lack of sunlight than it is to 'blame it on the moonlight' without incurring suspicion of the A-word.

It now comes to mind that the rationalising explanation given for apparent correlations with more disruptive behaviour anf full moons is simply that the light from the mon keeps people awake. However, the question then remains whether or not the crazy acts might occur in broad daylight, when the mon is not even visible yet.