Job Opportunity

Hey everyone,

the other day a friend of mine called me and told me that he'd received what seemed like a fantastic offer of a job in Saudi Arabia. Actually, he had previously had an interview for a different job with the same company and been turned down but they then came back to him with the current offer. It isn't exactly to his liking so the company have gone away to formulate a new proposal. He asked me to draw up an horary to see if it would benefit him to take up the job. He seemed quite upbeat about the idea but just wanted to be sure as this would be quite a move for him.

The data is as follows:
"Would it benefit me to take up this job?"
20th October 2007
17.25. BST
Birkenhead, England.
53N24' 03W02

MC = 1 Cap 48'; ASC 5 Aries 09'; MO = 12 Aqua 46'

The querent here is Mars, which is in Cancer and the 4th house, and co-ruled by the Moon in Aquarius - in the 12th house. The quesited is Saturn, ruling the 10th and in the 6th house.
Personally I don't like the look of Saturn here: cadent in the 6th house and exactly on the south node. It could be a source of injury, but for now I'll set that idea aside...

In questions about whether one would benefit from aligning oneself with another I would first of all check the receptions between the two. In this case Saturn receives Mars into his detriment (Mars in Cancer), yet he receives the Moon into both his dignity and triplicity (Moon in Aquarius).
To be frank I find this confusing. It's as if on one level - the lunar level - the employers are willing to welcome and embrace my friend and afford him every hospitality and yet on another level - the Mars level - they reject him and turn him away.How does one make the distinction?

I also noted that Mars is about to turn retrograde at Cancer 12 and will move slowly back to head for a sextile with Saturn. All well and good, for this looks like a nice perfection by sextile. However, this aspect doesn't perfect until Dec 9th at 8* Cancer/Virgo. Before then the Sun moves to square Saturn on Nov 30th and thereby frustrate the sextile. It changes sign twice in order to do this.
I judge this to mean that my friend will feel inclined to return to negotiations with the company but it will be a long, drawn-out process and that before a deal can be reached a third party enters the scene and causes a break-up of negotiations.
I'm not clear about this though so I thought I'd bring the chart to the forum and see what you all thought about it. I'm mostly confused about the mixed messages offered by the receptions and I'm hoping that someone can bring some clarity to that. I'd be very grateful for any ideas put forward as I know this is an important decision for my friend and I'd hate to give him the wrong judgement.
I'm doing this for him as a friend, by the way. No money is changing hands.

Cheers!
===
-Pt-

Hi Pete,

I think you've done a great job of analyzing the chart but I would like to point out that you've listed the time as BST (GMT for the rest of us), when actually you've cast it in daylight time (GMD for the rest of us).

As far as the mixed messages regarding receptions is concerned, the Moon may be well received by Saturn but a) that Saturn is pretty yucky being conjunct South Node, peregrine, in 6th, so the job itself doesn't look like much of a prize and, b) the Moon is in no great shakes being peregrine and in the 12th. So it looks like he won't be happy in the job even if he gets it. And as you say, it looks like a long drawn out process which is likely to be more frustration than the job is worth.

Not sure about the Sun's intervention. It rules the 6th house and is placed in the house of competitors so maybe in the end after much back and forth, someone else gets the job.

The other thing that catches my eye is Jupiter L.9 (this is a job overseas) which will receive the Moon's next aspect. Is your friend flying overseas to interview for the job? Perhaps this just shows your friend's enthusiasm for the prospect.

Tara

WOULD IT BENEFIT ME TO TAKE UP THIS JOB?

Peter,

I think this is very much a gamble for your friend. The Moon is in 12th House in her Sign of detriment therefore not as ease here. The Moon tells us what the Querent is thinking about - she rules the 4th and 5th Houses. The POF in 5th and ruled by the Moon - there is no support for the POF.

Also the Moon will sextile Jupiter then trine the Sun - I have an overall feeling of unsafeness for your friend if he decides to take this job in Saudi Arabia. The Moon is conj the Part of Fatality,Passion and the POF is conj the part of Fortune, and opposing the part of death.

However Saturn - Ruler of 10,11 & 12th House is in Virgo in 6th of slaves - Ancient terminology - and @ the degree of the S Node. This conj indicates something very fated about the overall outcome.

With Mars placement in the Moon ruled 4th House - this house indicates 'the End of the Matter' - I'd stay in my homeland if it was me. But as Mars indicates, the Querent has an adventurous nature so he may well determine to take the risks and accept the job.

As the question was asked by Peters friend the Querent's significator's are Mars and the Moon.

I do hope others will add their comments.

Julie K
Last edited by Julie K on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hi Pete
In questions about whether one would benefit from aligning oneself with another I would first of all check the receptions between the two. In this case Saturn receives Mars into his detriment (Mars in Cancer), yet he receives the Moon into both his dignity and triplicity (Moon in Aquarius).
To be frank I find this confusing. It's as if on one level - the lunar level - the employers are willing to welcome and embrace my friend and afford him every hospitality and yet on another level - the Mars level - they reject him and turn him away.How does one make the distinction?
Traditionally there is no reception to consider. Mars cannot receive Saturn into its sign of fall because Mars has no dignity or authority over that place. The Moon is disposed by Saturn, but there is no aspect between them through which a reception could operate.

So this boils down to there being no helpful contact from the Moon, and a presently separating sextile between an accidentally strong but essentially debilitated 1st-ruler, and an essentially and accidentally weak 10th-ruler. After some messing about and interposition (by Sun, Venus and Mercury) this comes back into application, and because Mars never moves outside the orb of its sextile of Saturn, I agree that this points to a long, drawn out negotiation and changes in the plan (though I?m not sure that the interpositions are the kind that would break the negotiation in the end). Mars, your friend, is the planet that moves back to Saturn, and because his position seems weak this might show him re-negotiating on terms he had already rejected.

The 10th-ruler is so poorly placed that it is hard to see how this job could hold much promise of benefit. On the other hand, as Tara pointed out, the Moon is applying directly to the sextile of Jupiter, ruler of the 9th, which is strong in dignity and placed on the 9th house cusp. This does seem to show benefit from the relocation overseas, and I wonder if the prospect of moving to Saudi Arabia is the real attraction for him, and that the experience of international work would benefit him in the long run. Even so, the job itself, if that is what he is asking about, seems loaded with problems, so it?s hard to see how you could answer yes to his question.

All the best
Deb

Lots of acknowledgements to profer here:

Tara,
thanks so much for your insight and to answer your question - no, my friend won't be flying out to Saudi for an interview as an interview has already taken place (Mars separating from Saturn). He was turned down for that position but then another arm of the company offered him this latest position and negotiations are taking place, I think by e-mail or phone.

Julie, you write:

I have an overall feeling of unsafeness for your friend if he decides to take this job in Saudi Arabia. The Moon is conj the Part of Fatality

Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed! It seems to be one more testimony pointing to a need for caution here, along with Saturn on the south node. Not safe at all!

Finally, Deb:
Traditionally there is no reception to consider. Mars cannot receive Saturn into its sign of fall because Mars has no dignity or authority over that place. The Moon is disposed by Saturn, but there is no aspect between them through which a reception could operate.
This is an interesting statement. You seem to be saying that unless there is an aspect between two significators (here the Moon and Saturn), then any reception that only goes one way is irrelevant. If I haven't quite got the gist of that forgive me. I know that Frawley would say that the company would welcome my friend with open arms (receiving via dignity and triplicity) but that my friend would be indifferent. That said, as you rightly point out there's no applying aspect between the two to bring them together so nothing can actually happen.

[....]
Mars, your friend, is the planet that moves back to Saturn, and because his position seems weak this might show him re-negotiating on terms he had already rejected.
I've already mentioned this possibility to him. Naturally he's not happy but he stoically accepts that it might happen.
The 10th-ruler is so poorly placed that it is hard to see how this job could hold much promise of benefit. On the other hand, as Tara pointed out, the Moon is applying directly to the sextile of Jupiter, ruler of the 9th, which is strong in dignity and placed on the 9th house cusp. This does seem to show benefit from the relocation overseas, and I wonder if the prospect of moving to Saudi Arabia is the real attraction for him, and that the experience of international work would benefit him in the long run.
Actually what I didn't mention in my initial post was that my friend is already working overseas - in Nigeria. The job is relatively secure but doesn't offer the kind of package that this current offer does.
Even so, the job itself, if that is what he is asking about, seems loaded with problems, so it?s hard to see how you could answer yes to his question.
I agree and I've already tentatively put this to him, but before I gave a final judgement on this I wanted to get feedback from the forum. His question was "would I benefit from the current job offer?" and it looks like the answer is a definate "no". There's little more to say is there?

Thanks Deb, and Tara and Julie for your insights and contributions. I feel safer now in delivering the judgement.
All the best
And to you :D

Pete