For those you have experienced these transits...

Folks,

Wonder if I could have some feedback on my upcoming transits. If something memorable happened to you during an identical transit, I would love to know what it was.

Next year, Uranus Conjuncts my natal Mars, and sextiles my natal Venus simultaneously. A little later in the year, Saturn trines my natal Venus, and goes opposite natal Mars.

Although it is unlikely that anyone would have had these planets in the same houses I have them, I'll mention that my natal Mars is in the 7th house and my natal Venus is in the 5th house.

Share your experiences, and your feelings during these transits if you remember them. My Uranus has not been active by transit in many years, so I'm eager for a pleasant surprise. A lot of the literature on Uranus Conjunct Mars is fairly negative, so I'd be interested in what people have to say in terms of actual experience.

SunnyD
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

Where are you guys?
OK here goes:

Due to the position of planets in my chart, From the time Uranus entered Aquarius until a little past 1 Pisces it hit every planet and angle in my chart by aspect except the Moon. At 8 Pisces Uranus trined the Moon.

I think it is safe to say in that entire period (7 - 8 years) not one single important event occurred at the time of a Uranus aspect. Not one. All sorts of things happened, as they would to anyone over that time period, but they seemed to wait until Uranus was out of orb of anything.

My first astrology teacher used to say: "Transits are not enough."

Tom

Hi Sunny Dawn,
My first astrology teacher used to say: "Transits are not enough."
I agree with Tom's first astrology teacher. Progressions set the stage for transits. It's hard to talk about transits in isolation from progressions and other transits. Also need to know the houses all planets inhabit and rule in the natal chart.

Having said that, let's see, Uranus would have conjoined my 9th house Mars when I was 9 years old. My best friend had just moved away and I suddenly felt like an alien in my home town. :shock: That's pretty Uranian. Shortly after that, we moved thousands of miles from the east coast to the west coast of Canada.

Uranus sextiled my 11th house Venus when I was 14. That's when I fell for the leader of the pack. 8)

Tara

Thank you everyone...let me add a question

Astro amigos,

I freely admit to not using progressions - its the one thing in astrology that I would like to take a course on, and have someone guide me through.

But I went ahead and calculated progressions for the upcoming year, around the time these transits will occur, and I see that Venus has progressed to 8 degrees Pisces, precisely inconjunct natal Uranus on the 2nd house cusp.

Could anyone explain how I might interpret the following transits in light of this progression info?

7th house transiting Uranus (22 Pisces) conjunct 7th house Mars (22 Pisc) and sextile 5th house Venus (22 Cap)

Later in the year:

Saturn (4 Virgo) transiting Venus (22 Cap), perfect trine

Looking ahead:

In two years, my Sun will progress to 4 Pisces, a perfect trine with natal Jupiter in the 2nd house.

In five years, my Venus will progress to 14 Pisces, my natal Descendent and 7th house cusp.

If I could pick the brains of folks who work with progressions for some possible interpretations, I would totally appreciate it. Next year is my year to learn about progressions - its my New Year's Resolution!
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

In five years, my Venus will progress to 14 Pisces, my natal Descendent and 7th house cusp.

If I could pick the brains of folks who work with progressions for some possible interpretations, I would totally appreciate it.
Hi Sunny Dawn,

Once you know how to progress planets and angles, you just interpret the progressions the way you would transits with the difference that progressions show inner growth, readiness or ripening of natal potentials. I'd call Venus progressed to the DC readiness for a committed relationship (although you still have to see what Venus rules in the natal chart and any other relevant transits or progressions to 7th house or Venus). The most important progressions are those to or from the angles. The progressed moon is a trigger for transits and other progressions. I also pay a lot of attention to the progressed lunation cycle.

Tara

Directions are somewhat complicated due to the exactness of their calculation as they were also used to predict certain events down to the exact minute of their happening. However generally most directions are for 1 year = 1 degree movement of the Significator. Only the Hylegical points are used in Directions as the Significators(Ascendant, Midheaven, Sun, Moon, & Part of Fortune). They also need to be exactly lined up exactly on the same degree with the Promittors (any Planet or point in the Nativity). Astro.com used to offer a chart that would calculate these for you but I cant seem to find it on their site now after they updated that. I hope this somewhat helps. If not feel free to ask some more questions and ill try to clarify.
Aaron Brody
www.antiquus-astrology.com
Antiquus Astrologia

most directions are for 1 year = 1 degree movement of the Significator.
Thanks very much for this Aaron. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds, then, like Primary Directions are very close to Solar Arc Directions, except that you only use the Hylegical points.

Do I have this right?

Tara

Yes, you are correct they are quite similar. The only difference is Directions are more specific (having degree & minute calculations, for instance 1 degree = 1 year and 1 minute = 6 days & etc.). They seemed to have removed the Solar Arc chart from Astro.com which was a great help for looking at Directions.
Aaron Brody
www.antiquus-astrology.com
Antiquus Astrologia