Speaking from experience (Sun in Libra, Saturn in Leo), I would sum up planets in detriment or fall in mutual reception with one another as, "with friends like this, who needs enemies?"

Tara

mutual reception

Dear Friends,
The mutual reception between Saturn and the Moon is always inharmonious, albeit there is a benefit of these two planets protecting evil effects to some extent of the houses they are in. But it definitely affects one's psychology. The persons with this mutual reception are usually shy and unconfident, they have their rise in carrer too late and my quite funny observation is, if this mutual reception involves the third and ninth houses then these persons invariably hate to travel but they are befallen a number of travells.
- Krishna

haku and zuli - first principles please. Cancer and capricorn oppose. Cancer and scorpio trine.

I have been reflecting on the attributes of opposing signs, and have concluded (for now ;)) that the worst personality traits of a sign are magnified within the opposing sign. So Geminis may talk endlessly, perhaps even gossip, but the humongous b/s merchants are Sagittarian. So Cancers may get moody and withdrawn, but for a deep dose of negativity a Capricorn is hard to beat. And so on. YMMV.