Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

California on fire

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
granny_skot

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:55 am    Post subject: California on fire Reply with quote

Well something changed between 4pm last night and Midnight as Southern CA is now on Fire and it wasn't when I was driving through those areas yesterday... sigh (from 20-21st)
When I was driving through malibu is was gorgeous, warm but not windy and just a gorgeous day,. wake up this morning and its on Fire, Protrero which is on the Mexican Border is another place I frequesnt and its on fire and one civilian dead, four firfighters badly injured, Firetruck was overtaken by fire, luckily they were in the Cab which is highly fire resistant, but they were still burned and are in hospital. the world went crazy overnight!

any thoughts on why fire overnight?

I mean mars is wet, wouldn't think of fire? and moon in Aqua?

granny
Tracey

Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope you are safe and sound Granny. We have been watching the reports on the news and our hearts go out to all who are affected.
Tracey
granny_skot

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in the one area tha tdidn't get evacuated. the most frustrating part is that my friends who were evacuated couldn't get to me so ended up in hotels and evac sites for a bit until they could go back. Its one of those times when you feel guilty for not having a problem! I was most worried that my work would burn down and I'd have to look for a new job, but thankfully that too was spared.

I am now wondering if the Sun in Airy libra at 29 degrees was driving the Sana Ana Winds and now that he is crossed over into wet Scorpio the winds have subsided?

Granny
Christina

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granny,

Glad to hear that you are not in harm's way! Survivor's guilt is a natural reaction - would that we could do more to help.

Do you think Mercury would have more to do with wind? Mercury changed signs the same day the winds changed, retro'd into Libra. I do not have news dates handy, and you probably have the more accurate reports - Did the fires begin when Mercury entered into combustion with the Sun, double applying, and Mercury simultaneously giving a reception to Saturn conjunct South Node?

Christina
Tracey

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are also experiencing dangerously high winds here in New Zealand. It's springtime - a windy season - but the winds have been frighteningly ferocious. A 13-year old girl got blown in front of a bus and died, while rrees have been falling on top of houses and trucks overturning.

Tracey
Theo

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Winds To Return In Southern California Reply with quote

granny_skot wrote:
I live in the one area tha tdidn't get evacuated. the most frustrating part is that my friends who were evacuated couldn't get to me so ended up in hotels and evac sites for a bit until they could go back. Its one of those times when you feel guilty for not having a problem! I was most worried that my work would burn down and I'd have to look for a new job, but thankfully that too was spared.

I am now wondering if the Sun in Airy libra at 29 degrees was driving the Sana Ana Winds and now that he is crossed over into wet Scorpio the winds have subsided?

Granny

Glad to hear you haven't been evacuated Granny, but keep an eye on those winds. I forecasted the wildfire season in my summer/autumn long-range weather forecast last spring that you can see here ~

http://www.almanac.com/forum/read.php?9,212911

Sadly, it seems so many were caught off-guard. The drought situation is connected to Saturn's transit in Virgo, along with the position of Jupiter, and then Mars, now in tropical Cancer.

The winds were a result of transits over the region. The Moon, Mercury and Mars are playing leading roles in combination with associated transits.

Going into this weekend, there's a very strong potential of the Santa Ana northeasterly winds returning. I put out this warning for this weekend:

http://www.almanac.com/forum/read.php?9,230476

Stay safe out there, and let those around you look out for the return of Santa Ana with the coming Gemini Moon, at this particularly declination. The Moon is rising in the evenings (7-8 pm) over this coming weekend... windy conditions return...
granny_skot

Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturn Transiting into virgo should end the almost 8 year drought of Saturn in dibility, Saturn has some dignity in Virgo.

and thanks the stars it rained today!

now back to astrology, mercury and sun, last saturday the 20th. somewhere between 4 pm and midnight Fires started burning all over CA, looking at a midnight chart 21 October for Rancho Bernardo gives,

asc 29 cancer
MC 18 Aries
Sun27 Lib 30
Moon 20 Aqu 53
Merc 3 Sco 31
Venus 11 virgo 14
mars 8 Can 30
Jupiter 17 Sag 35
Saturn 5 vir 33
Uranus 15 Pisces 15
Neptune 19 Aqu
Pluto 26 Sag

since I'm not certain what time the fires started ithink I'll just note that Sun and mercury are coming together but Mercury does not enter air, Libra until just about the time the fires are out or under controle which is tursday, some still smoldering til now, but really thursday ish pretty much under control, Friday evacuees allowed to go home, or to look for a new one.

Sun enteres Scorpio, Wednesday the 23rd which is when winds really began to be under control. winds are cause by unevenly heated eartha dn air, I think possibly Sun more to blame here than mercury.

another interesting point to me is that the fires in San Diego county all seemed to be along the 117W04 line, not certain about the others, which if I'm not mistaken would be a 27 SAg if you put the zodiac on the equator, maybe Pluto is discruntled iwth the Astonomers who tried to down grade him... Okay I'm sorta teasing here on this point. but does make me wonder,

Granny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: