Cazimi-explanations please

Though not found too often, at least by my personal experience. What exactly can be deduced by planets being Cazimi. I'm familiar with combust. I thought a cazimi planet would be combust, however, after researching a bit I found that cazimi is a different type of placement or expression than combust.

Two charts I've studied have Venus and the sun spot on conjunct 8 degrees Venus in one and Sun 8 degrees and the other Venus 4 degrees and the Sun 6 degrees. This satisifies the cazimi rule

So what do I surmise if a planet is cazimi. Is it cazimi or combust or some type of alternate combination??

A planet is cazimi if it is wthin 17 minutes of the Sun, when it is said to be "in the heart of the Sun" and to partake of the Sun's brilliance. Another way that it's been put, by John Frawley I think, is that the planet is receiving the mercy of the Sun when it is cazimi.

Cazimi is good, a dignity. Combust is bad, a debility, so we have a period of time in the midst of combustion (being overwhelmed) when we receive the mercy or blessings of the Sun as the planet merges exactly with the Sun. Cazimi is a moment of clarity or brilliance in the middle of a bad (combust) time.

Oprah Winfrey has Venus cazimi in her birth chart and say what you will about Queen O, she can certainly do the Venus charm thing extraordinarily well.

Tara

. . .and the other Venus 4 degrees and the Sun 6 degrees. This satisifies the cazimi rule
I'm not sure if I'm interpreting what you said correctly but when a planet is said to be cazimi it is referring to minutes of arc, not degrees.

If you look at the degree of a planet say the Sun at 16 degrees and 47 minutes, the degree is 16 and the minute is 47. It would look like 16.47'.

For example these two planets would be cazimi:

Sun 16.47' Aries
Moon 16.49' Aries

When the minutes of arc are within 18(?) minutes of each other, the planet is in cazimi. In the case above the planets are separated by 2 minutes of arc.

Sun 16.47' Aries
Moon 17.32' Aries

These planets are not cazimi, for the reason stated.

I hope this sheds some light on the issue.

P.S. - Hi everybody! Merry Christmas!