LOL, it is hard to face the truths of your ugliness, sigh
regardless of Pullmans atheistic bias, the church , any large religious set up, that makes itself the law, pretty much becomes the definition of evil, that is the entire problem of theocracy. It is impossible to have a "good" theocracy. it is inately an evil thing. Well in my opinion, others may vary.

Granny

Hi Granny,
The world may be tired of despots, but are despots tired of the world?
Musharaff and Putin appear desperate to hold onto control.
This jupiter-pluto-gc is on Putin's Mars, and opposes Musharaff's Saturn (it could well be near his Sag moon too?); neither are prepared to lose too much, although they have had to make the gesture of a Plutonic cut-back to stay on top of Jupiter's Mount Olympus, i.e. Musharaff has given up his military post and Putin goes from President to PM. .

Re theocracy, could it be about the symbology? When symbols are used for control i.e. Christ on the Cross - which is quite a deathly symbol, the image of the kind church loses the power of the myth along with its ability to generate the kind of love and compassion that one would expect from a spiritual source?

I had another thought about this Jupiter-Pluto: the plight of the Jupiter ruled bees. Bees are definately up for a serious Plutonic renewal. I hope (and pray) they are able to heal and renew.

Hi Granny and Kirk, et al,

This caught my natal Mercury in Gemini (now being opposed by the J-P/GC): a marvellous protest by someone in one of the highest positions in the Anglican church, Ugandan born Dr John Sentamu, the Archbishop of York, cutting up his dog collar on national Sunday Morning television, in protest over Robert Mugabe?s brutal regime in Zimbabwe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/a ... 135111.stm

Archbishop cuts collar at 9:35 9th December 2007, London

26 Leo Rising, 14 Taurus MC
Sun/Moon/Mercury/Jupiter/Ptuto/gc are all in religious Sagittarius, in the 4th house of his African homeland (topocentric houses) ? with the GC opposition the Archbishop of York?s Venus-Uranus conjunction at 23-27 degrees of Gemini. (Dr John Sentamu born Jun 2nd 1949 Kampala Uganda, time unknown.) He says he won?t wear his collar until Mugabe stops, which is quite a demonstration ? how long will he have to wait, I wonder?

Venus rules attire, and in Scorpio is the M/c ruler, found in 3rd, snipping his garment on TV! Venus is in a grand water trine with Mars retro in cancer in the 11th house, wanting to garner influence, and NN in Pisces .

As Archbishop he also wears the royal Jupiter purple.

A nice cosmic touch to the event chart is how the nodal axis touches the Asc and Dec, i.e. Saturn with Dragon?s tail and PoF is rising, and the Dragon?s head swimming through Samsaric Piscean waters in the 7th. It?s a karmic relationship: rebellious Uranus is in the 7th too; what?s interesting is that Robert Mugabe (Feb 21 1924 Sailsbury, Zim, time unknown) is now going through his Uranus Return, and Dr Sentumu is having his second Saturn Return. Does this mean that the Archbishop has the upper hand?

These two planets, Saturn and Uranus are getting ready to go head to head in Nov 2008 ? perhaps the Archbishop will have wait until that passes before he dons his Venusian neckpiece?

I also wondered if there is a chart for York, as a town, to see if that had any Saturn - Uranus action or, indeed, any Jupiter/Pluto/GC?

There was also a rebellion in York in 1569, when Uranus hit the CG; Earl?s Northumberland and Westmoreland wanted to restore the catholic church (being loyal to Mary Queen of Scots), which they attempted by holding Mass in Durham 30 Nov 1569, but Elizabeth 1st would have none of it, and her armies had control by Dec 17, same year, which puts the Sun conjunct Uranus, bang on the GC, which is a strange coincidence. At the risk of sounding like an escapee from erotica, could the York chart, and there must be one surely, have GC hotspot?
:D

:bl Luckily I just noticed how the event chart I had erected was twelve hours out - grrrrr, sorry about that!

Correct protest cutting chart has 2 Cap rising, with the Archbishop's Saturn ruling in the 8th with S.Node opposite Mugabe's Uranus in the 2nd.
Dog-collar Venus is in the religious 9th (still in the grand trine). With 14 Scorpio M/C, Mars is in cancer on the cusp of the Dec, challenging but debilitated.

This chart makes more sense with the Sun, Moon and Mercury in the rebellious 11th house, making the square to Uranus. The J-P/GC conjunction is in the house of the mass collective, in the 12th, with Jupiter ruling both 3rd of communication and 12th - the religious man using the media to make his gesture of a sacrifice to the cause.

One of the things I find interesting is that my Mothers chart has Jupiter in Gemini, and a Venus Pluto opposition, look at 12/12/1941 and see if you dont find her chart interesting, dont worry so much about exact chart, she has a late libera rising, if you must be picky, just notice the contrary-ness of the planetary placements!

Granny

Hi All,
Does anyone know which planet rules ?the weather??
Is it Jupiter, as Sky God?
I am aware Mars is heat and Mercury wind etc, but I wondered if anyone could tell me if there one planet for the overall rulership?

If it were Jupiter, then how fitting that there is a global effort on the subject of climate change taking place in Bali, during this week of the Jupiter/Pluto/GC, a time for global renewal.

Granny:
Your Mum?s chart is, as you say, quite contrary? did you see that our infamous Jupiter/Pluto/Gc is also square her Moon Neptune?

Moonwise:
Sadly aQ have a nasty propensity to bomb on the 11th of a month, so it was exactly on the day.

Re: Algerian mess on Dec. 11th

moonwise wrote:Wasn't there some type of massive bombings in Algeria on the date of the Pluto/Jupiter conjunction? I believe I heard about it on the telly but I am not sure if it was on the actual date or a tad before or just after.
http://www.nationalterroralert.com/upda ... nsibility/

The Algiers bombing occured at 9:40am local time on Dec/11/2007, 13Cap rising. Moon had just entered the degree of opposition to RX Mars, and Venus was close to the midheaven. Venus's midpoint with Neptune fell upon the JU-PL conjunction, and her midpoint with Mars fell upon Saturn. Venus-Mars-Saturn formed a triangle of sextile and trine aspects, Venus-JupiterPluto-Neptune formed a triangle of septile-series aspects. So, in essence Venus was acting as a "hinge" between two configurations. The Sun/Mars midpoint was in near-perfect square to JU-PL, while Venus squared the midpoint of Uranus and the JU-PL conjunction. The Sun was within 1/2 degree of squaring the previous solar eclipse (Sept/11/07).

As Venus, Jupiter, Neptune and Pluto form a very close configuration of septile series aspects, they reduce to a conjunction in the 7th harmonic chart. Bringing up the UN chart (Oct/24/1945, 16:45 -5:00 Washington, DC, 20Aries rising) with transits for the bombing in 7th harmonic mode shows the Venus-Jupiter-Neptune-Pluto conjunction sitting right on the UN Mars. In the 1st harmonic (primary) transit chart, we see the bombing's Moon-Mars opposition in partile T-square to the UN's exact Venus-Neptune conjunction. The Moon's square is within 2 arcminutes.

190 nation's climate deal

Phew! Good News! :D
After two weeks of wrangling at the 190 nation Bali Climate Conference, even going into overtime, the US delegate Paula Dobriansky finally agreed to 'go forward' at 14:19 today according to this very helpful and timed report:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/feedarticle?id=7155608

An announcement of the deal was officially made by Indonesian Environment Minister Rachmat Witoelar at

14:31 Bali Denpasar (nearest town), Indonesia 115E13 , 8S39 time zone -7

This climate agreement chart has

11 degrees Taurus Rising, 9 Aquarius M/C

Ruling Venus is in accord, bang on the Descendant but in her detriment in Scorpio. (Dobriansky did not consult Washington, apparently).

Sun/Mercury are with Jupiter/Pluto/gc, all in the 8th of shared resources in sextile harmony with the altrustic Aquarius Moon (a popular outcome) with the NN (pointing the way...). It will be interesting to note what happens when Neptune crosses this point in years to come (and Chiron for that matter). Asset counting Jupiter (with Pluto, who is at home in the 8th power-house) opposes Mars in the 2nd, also in detriment, perhaps wondering where the money is going to come from? The recently promoted Earth Mother Ceres is on the Asc, which is an encouraging sign (Sorry Kirk, yes, since her 'upgrade' I have found her most useful!) And best of all (from my p.o.v.), Chiron is nonagesimal at the midheaven - hooray, it really is time to overcome obstacles, repair damage, and find alternative ways of healing... or am I being too optimistic?

Anybody else have any other thoughts on this?
Although not a 'mundane' astrologer by label, nor overly political, just fascinated by world events, I'd be interested in another view point.

Also, can anyone help, if they know of one planet with overall rulership of 'the weather' (I had thought Jupiter as sky god), i.e. the climate? Or do we have to look at the whole pantheon?

Does anyone know which planet rules ?the weather??
I?ve never come across anyone saying ?one planet rules all? regarding the weather, but it seems like to a large part it would have been assumed to be the Moon. Here?s the introductory quote from David Plant?s ?The Sublunar Sphere? [http://www.skyscript.co.uk/sublunar.html] :

"She is the most powerfull in operation of all the other planets on Elementary bodies by reason of her proximity to us and her swiftness, by which she transfers the light and influence of all Superiours to us, by configuration with them."
Ramesey, Astrology Restored

And from the article itself:

According to the philosopher Aristotle (4th Century BC), the Universe is divided into two distinct regions: the earthly and the heavenly. The Earth and its surrounding atmosphere was contained within the 'sub-lunar sphere', where everything was composed of various combinations of the four elements: earth, air, fire and water. The elements were constantly transforming one into another so everything in the sub-lunar sphere was in a state of perpetual change. Astrologers attempted to monitor and predict conditions in the elemental world through contemplation of their 'superior causes', i.e., the ever-shifting configurations of the stars and planets in the heavens.

..... Spirit descended into material existence through each of the planetary spheres in turn. It was moulded into its final earthly form in the Moon-sphere. The Moon's special role was to receive celestial influence or 'virtue' from the rarefied heavenly spheres above and transmit it to the sub-lunar sphere of the elements below.

Luna brings the influence of the others to the sphere beneath her. The Moon features prominently in traditional astrological lore and folklore, whereas Jupiter/Jove doesn?t quite make it out of the storybooks.

The recently promoted Earth Mother Ceres is on the Asc, which is an encouraging sign (Sorry Kirk, yes, since her 'upgrade' I have found her most useful!)
Horrors! :-| The next step toward disintegration is eating fortune cookies in bed.

Hi Kirk and everyone,
Solstice blessings and thanks for Luna info, most appreciated.

Although, am still ruminating about an overall climate ruler?

Going back to our once-every-seven-lifetime?s J/P/GC conjunction, which I predicted would provide insight into ?dark energy? did anyone catch this, released on the 12th Dec? It?s right-on for outlandish symbolic imagery:

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2007 ... ssault.htm

Story of a black hole that goes against the idea a black hole only ?sucks? energy into its? vortex; here we have a black hole jetting energy outwards. A release of radiation from black holes is not new, but knowing this suggests there is a dynamic interaction between light and dark (nothing new there either), but the way it has been presented, i.e. a black hole attacking another galaxy, is rather interesting ? and all very Plutonian; science suggests a galaxy hit by such radiation could even be the prompt for the making of new stars.

Coming back to earth, the Bali chart is as close as it gets to an all nations agreement, which is at least a start to renewable energy becoming mainstream. I guess we may see how this is to be implemented as the now retro military Mars reverses back to oppose the 26 Sag point again in January, to go forward in February? Which may mean that the influence of this J/P/GC point is not over yet...

Meanwhile, best yuletide wishes!
:D