Where do we put the garbage?

I thought I would check astrologically into the Naples garbage crisis, but I realized I don?t know which house to use for garbage.

The 8th? That?s my first choice. It?s related to death and decay, and the 2nd house opposition seems to work symbolically regarding resources, possessions, food, etc. The trouble is we don?t want to make any 8th/Scorpio links ? right? Signs do not equal houses.

A flash of insight here (Don?t you just love those moments!): ?One man?s trash is another man?s treasure?. 2nd ? 8th, get it? ?My possessions, your possessions?. Ok, so I?m not the first one to notice it. Moving right along ...

The 12th? Things rejected and hidden away. Seems like a stretch, but it has a certain poetic appeal.

The 6th? Health and hygiene. Sure sounds like Virgo is creeping in here (Mantra: Signs do not equal houses). Hygienic practices produce garbage (?Get that crap out of here!?) and servants or other employed persons carry it away, but that?s not the garbage itself.

I?m going with the 8th. Anyone?

Hello Kirk!,
The 8th? That?s my first choice.
Agreed!
The trouble is we don?t want to make any 8th/Scorpio links ? right? Signs do not equal houses.
...except in Melothesia where Aries = First house = head and face, Taurus = 2nd house = throat, etc. are used by the ancients (though I am not sure how ancient!).

Using this concept Scorpio = 8th house = colon, excretion system in a nativity. Extrapolating this for a mundane astrology, 8th house is the place of refuse, garbage, etc.

Hi, Astrojin,

That?s interesting. Medical astrology does make the Scorpio/8th house/waste connection. I guess we both know where we will be putting ours. Now it's up to Naples to figure out where theirs is going.

hi I think I'd look at an Naples located event chart from a relevant time, and maybe a Solstice chart, and try to work out 'the story' and probably consider the 4th House for 'where things end up' and particularily the state of the ground and location etc.

regards mike c

Mike,

I hadn?t even thought of the 4th! Yes, where or how things end up, the final stages of death. If not incinerated garbage is buried. The 4th being the lowest point of the chart the symbolism fits garbage as ?the lowest of the low?. You mentioned the 4th for ?the state of the ground and location etc?. Yes, and towns and cities.

I?m wavering now on this, but still (barely) leaning toward the 8th. I need more input to help me sort it out! Garbage can?t be put just anywhere. Well, maybe it can in Naples. I hear that organized crime is at the root of their problem, with huge amounts of illegal dumping at sea and in the countryside, often of very dangerous materials.

I started with the Capricorn ingress for Naples and was going to look at the current new and full Moon (Which would be the new Moon before the current one ? the garbage crisis started a couple weeks ago.) I dropped the matter when I couldn?t decide on the house.

where do we put the garbage?

Hi Kirk. I don?t have a further idea about houses for garbage, however, the Skyscript article describing Saturn says it ? signifies areas around rubbish and waste?, and ?rules dust and rubbish , ? signifies professions concerned with clearing up our dirt and refuse, including dustbin men?.
What about Saturn , retrograde, ( uh, backing up) in Virgo . Is this transit somehow connected to the Naples chart?

>What about Saturn , retrograde, ( uh, backing up) in Virgo . Is this transit >somehow connected to the Naples chart?

Yes! good observation! ie Saturn has always been the natural significator of ruined and decayed things. I notice that the Naples Capricorn ingress chart is interesting ie we have the Sun/Jupiter to Mars Opposition which seems to have caused so many global problems , in Naples it was rising. This conjunction is disposed by that Retrograde Saturn which is being aspected by the Gemini Lunar transit so Moon and and Saturn link in with the opposition which has just had Mercury cross it in Capricorn, so Mercury and Saturn are in Mutual Reception too!!!, Mars of course forms the 4th house ruler. Obviously with the lunar transit reaching the Mars opposition and the fourth ruler I can't help think the first port of call for that rubbish is an incinerator, perhaps overseas (Gem/Cancer). Not the end of the story though!

I guess the lunar transit running into the retro Saturn means their is some sort of resistance to that disposal method as any long term solution and the trine to Venus in Scorpio, with Venus in detriment means theres plently of scope for criminal activity creating a big scandal!

regards
mike c

re my last post and Naples rubbish - I just wonder if the rubbish will end up going somewhere to the North East in low lying land subject to flooding due to some dubious connections . Or am I just getting carried away with the Scorpio connection!

regards
mike c

This has become interesting. The Capricorn/Cancer opposition for the Naples Capricorn ingress is in angular 1/7 in Europe, but what links it especially to Naples is the traditional Aries rulership for Naples. Aries in on the 4th cusp, and ruler Mars of course is angular and involved in the opposition. So do we here have our 4th house signification of the ?grounds and their condition? in the city? The Sun ties with Mars as the 4th house almuten, and is in Saturn-ruled Capricorn opposed Mars. Retrograde Saturn and Mars probably aren?t allowing for much forward movement.

I?m not finding much that has to do with the 8th house ? unless we consider the fact that the Sun is the house ruler (and is involved in the opposition). I have become much more impressed with Placidus houses and am very comfortable using them, but in this case Saturn is 5? of longitude in the 9th house, using the 5-degree rule. It would be nice if Saturn lay squarely in the 8th, if only to help me decide on the 8th signifying garbage.

But here is where my astrological technique just isn?t where it should be. Maybe there is a clear indication of disturbance in the 8th due to the fact that the Sun and Mars are applying opposed, and it is played out in the house ruled by the Sun. I?m using Egyptian terms and that makes Jupiter tied with Sun as 8th almuten, and there is Jupiter in fall, combust and opposed Mars.

Just some scattered thoughts. I haven?t read anything about the Naples situation for a couple days. At this point I couldn?t venture a guess what might happen.