Marriage and children

Hi, I am new here. I've been visiting quite a bit and reading your forum.

But you people seem to be professionals with this stuff and I know very little. So let me pose my question to you. I am a christian who was taught against astrology but I am changing my views on astrology. But recently, this woman gave me a natal chart after I verified my DOB from my birth certificate. I lost contact with this woman, and now I have this very confusing piece of paper in my hand and all I want to know is will I ever get married and will I ever have children. Is this the type of stuff a natal chart can confirm or not? Can someone please help me.

Oh....ah....I don't have a scanner, so I will have to tell you that my DOB is November 12, 1960 in New Orleans, LA at 4:25am.

If you guys can't help me, can you please advise me on where to go to get some help in reading this thing.

Sincerely,

Astrology can't tell you if you'll marry because you have free will and much will depend on what you do. However, you can use it to further your self-understanding so that you know better what it is you need.

Venus rules romantic relationships, so you can especially examine her location and aspects in your chart. This forum does not delineate personal charts, but you can find a lot of material on her on the web. On Venus - http://www.astrologyindepth.com/Venus

WILL I GET MARRIED AND HAVE CHILDREN

Prissywest,

The Ancients did have a method of preciting marriage and susequent children to come from the marriage. This was vital to them in securing the lineage to the Throne - they needed to know if the heirs would procreate.

I have not studied Traditional or Medieval Astrology but you could arrange to have a reading as suggested by contacting an Astrologer who is well versed in Ancient methods. I know this can be done and you need a Professional.

We can see all the people in our lives in our chart.

Julie K

Nate of the 12th wrote:Astrology can't tell you if you'll marry because you have free will and much will depend on what you do. However, you can use it to further your self-understanding so that you know better what it is you need.

Venus rules romantic relationships, so you can especially examine her location and aspects in your chart. This forum does not delineate personal charts, but you can find a lot of material on her on the web. On Venus - http://www.astrologyindepth.com/Venus
Since you are talking about modern astrology you may be correct, but don't say that "astrology can't tell you if you will marry". Traditional astrology has definite techniques for this which I have seen work time and time again.

According to Lilly:

If the person inquiring about marriage is a female marrying a man:

Observe the quality of the Sun and Mars
The Lord of the 7th house
Planets (if any) in the 7th house

Check if the Sun and Mars are in barren or fruitful signs.

If those planets are in barren signs (Virgo, Gemini, Leo), and are in cadent houses (3, 6, 9, 12), then marriage is unlikely.

If those planets are in fruitful signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces) and in angular houses (1, 4, 7, 10), then marriage is likely.

Add these up and see what is more prevalent.

There are a lot of little rules here, but generally if the Sun and Mars are strong and not in a square or opposed aspect to Saturn, then it's good.

How many husbands

If the Sun is in a sign of one form (i.e. not Pisces & Gemini), and is in aspect with one matutine planet such as Venus, then it means one husband.

If the sign on the 7th house is double bodied (Gemini & Pisces), is in a common sign (Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces), the Sun and Mars in double bodies signs, means two husbands.

If Venus is in a common sign it means many husbands

If the Sun is joined to several planets, then that will be how many husbands she will have.

I've tested these and they work. Just recently I had a client who had several relationship questions about her boyfriend. She is in her mid 50s and wanted to know if she was going to be married to him. I looked at her chart and saw two marriages. She was married twice already, and her current situation didn't look all that stable marriage wise anyway. I told her to go with the flow and just have fun, which when talking to her actually turned out to be all she really wanted. She was just asking about marriage because based on her upbringing, she automatically assumed all serious relationships had to result in marriage. She had been in two bad marriages already, so this was actually kind of reassuring to her in the end.

Mithra6 wrote:
If the Sun is in a sign of one form (i.e. not Pisces & Gemini), and is in aspect with one matutine planet such as Venus, then it means one husband.
Hi Mithra6,

I have two questions. What does "matutine" mean? And is this material from CA section on natal or horary astrology?

Thanks.
Tara

Hey Mithra6 :-)
The rules you have posted are somewhat contradicting each other, and no order of importance is pointed out. I have used the search feature on AstroDataBank to try and check it out, and found quite a few married ladies that are supposed to be baren by those rules (some even considering all of the rules, on A+ rating). If it really did work as perfectly I guess it would have been used to prove the validity of astrology to the scientific community!

Tara wrote:Mithra6 wrote:
Hi Mithra6,

I have two questions. What does "matutine" mean? And is this material from CA section on natal or horary astrology?

Thanks.
Tara
Matutine means early. Actually I may have made a mistake using Venus as an example. I think in this case matutine means a planet rising early in the day. Venus would apply then.

Yes it's from CA vol 3 in the section about the 7th house.

Nate of the 12th wrote:Hey Mithra6 :-)
The rules you have posted are somewhat contradicting each other, and no order of importance is pointed out. I have used the search feature on AstroDataBank to try and check it out, and found quite a few married ladies that are supposed to be baren by those rules (some even considering all of the rules, on A+ rating). If it really did work as perfectly I guess it would have been used to prove the validity of astrology to the scientific community!
What are the contradictions?

When you do a delineation in traditional astrology, you rarely take one element and make a decision based on that. There are only 3 barren and 3 fruitful signs, so that leaves out 6 other signs. That isn't the only thing I look at. Generally you take the whole chart and, as Lilly would say, make a decision based on the greater testimonies. Read the post. Keep in mind I also left out a few things for the sake of brevity.

If you follow modern psychological astrology, I could just as easily invite you to Randi's challenge. I wasn't attacking anything, and I don't know what your angle is. You DO realize that this site has a large number of people specializing in traditional and medieval astrology right? I even agreed that what you said is correct in respect to modern astrology. However in traditional astrology there ARE rules for finding this info out.

Why are you here? So far this is your 2nd post, and in both you seem pretty hostile to astrology. Granted I don't like modern astrology, but I'm not going to go as far as to say it doesn't work. What gives?

Thank yall very much for all this information.

Let me ask you another question. I notice that Mr Dykes is not doing readings again until next month. Anyway, I want to know what to pay for. I assume wouldn't need a rectification, right, because my birth certificate shows my time of birth in the upper right hand corner. Right?

PrissyWest wrote:Thank yall very much for all this information.

Let me ask you another question. I notice that Mr Dykes is not doing readings again until next month. Anyway, I want to know what to pay for. I assume wouldn't need a rectification, right, because my birth certificate shows my time of birth in the upper right hand corner. Right?
Somewhere around your area is a "new age" bookstore. Go there and ask, as they probably have flyers or business cards from local astrologers.

You want to ask, "How will you prepare my chart?" If they say "by hand" then you have an old school astrologer and you're in luck. If they say "computer software/program" that isn't bad, just ask them which one. It'll probably be Solarfire or Kepler or something like that. If they refuse to tell you, run away as fast as you can.

Ask how long the consultation will be. If they give you a bewildered look, or start stammering on the telephone, run away. You should get a 30 to 60 minute personal consultation.

If you hear the words "personal report" or "printed report just for you" or something like that more than once, run away. They aren't an astrologer, they're a psuedo wannabe. A lot of idiots buy software and charge you $100 to plug in your birth data and print text reports right from the software. They don't read or analyze your chart, and the consultation is usually just regurgitating the text reports. You can google "Astrowin" and down load that for free, plug in your birth data and read the text reports.

Once you're satisfied you want to avail yourself of that person's services, tell them specifically you want to know your future with respect to marriage and children. It isn't possible to accurately answer those questions based on a natal chart. Those questions are best answered by progressing the chart using Secondary and/or Solar Arc progressions (in combination with transits). That usually costs extra to prepare a progressed chart over a period of time like 5 to 10 years.

A competent astrologer should be able to 'eyeball' your chart and progress it using planetary movement rates, and most do just for fun at your consultation, but it isn't as satisfying as having a printed progressed chart, and sometimes small things can be missed.

Mithra6 wrote:However in traditional astrology there ARE rules for finding this info out.
And there are 1,000s of exceptions to "the rules."

I suppose we can assume that Henry VIII never consulted an astrologer who no doubt would have been practicing medieval/traditional astrology, because if he had, he wouldn't have been married 8 times.

We can also assume none of his wives consulted an astrologer, since they wouldn't have married Henry had they known they couldn't produce a male heir (and would be killed).

Traditional/medieval astrology doesn't answer the important question of "when." Will someone have 3 children before their first marriage or after their 4th marriage or somewhere along the way?
Traditional astrology has definite techniques for this which I have seen work time and time again.
Based on traditional astrology, a woman is to have two children, except on the night of the wedding, she's in a traffic accident and an emergency hysterectomy is required (actual event). Which "definite techniques" does that fall under?

I'm sure you'll counter with "she can adopt" or "use a surrogate" but it might have been important for her (and him) to know that beforehand.

I'm not saying medieval/traditional astrology is invalid, I'm just saying the Brits would call it a "fair cop" and it definitely requires the use of other techniques to verify and validate. I would never make a pronouncement based solely on Secondary progressions. I would use transits, Solar Arcs, Solar Return, Lunar Return, Age Harmonics and other charts to verify, validate and confirm.

But seriously, witches? Curses? Lilly should have known better. A simple Horary Question, "Doth witches and curses existe in this tyme yea or not?" should have answered the question.