Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Does Gender alter the way we read a chart?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yikkes!

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Does Gender alter the way we read a chart? Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

What fundemental differences are written into a Male's chart to a Female's?

ie What differences do we need to accomodate for charts from the different sexs?

... so I'm wondering if when you Guys are reading a chart you go

"interesting but this is a Man's chart so I interpret it differently to a Woman's"

and vica versa.

H.

Last edited by Yikkes! on Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
zuli

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a male chart Sun and Mars are more significant than Moon and Venus. The first both tell about him as a man, the second both tell about the woman he would prefer.

In female chart the above is vice versa.
Julie K

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:00 am    Post subject: Does Gender Play a Part in a Chart? Reply with quote

Yikkes,

If one is looking at an unnamed chart I believe there is no way of telling if the chart owner is male or female.

We can draw up a chart for anything. My brother suggested I draw up a chart for his new car once as he had bought it on my birthday!

I've seen charts for cats, dogs, monkeys, ships, whatever, presented - so there you go. Ships are given gender and referred to as female - 'she' being the operative word here. No boy ships!

If the chart is that of a human then and the sex of the chart owner is known then of course the Astrologer will look at the strengths of Sun, Mars and Saturn for males and Moon, Venus for females. But every planet is important in any chart. Males can 'give away and project' their Venus and Moon, while females can do likwise with Sun, Mars, Saturn. I've done it with my Pluto!

Julie K
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Arihant

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well , its always better if an Astrologercan get this idea , how latent potentialities in chart , shall be manifested if He shall acts so or how receptive She shall be to this ..for e.g , i would rather prefer an exalted /strong Uranus placement for Men , as they shall be more likely to make use of it in getting to understand technicalities & subtle nitty -gritty of a subject in no time & shall more likely to ,eventually devote their lifetime , in contributing this innovtion for the detached welfare of the society..However , women with same uranus , and if she is beautiful also ( depending on other aspects , of course),,can cause many a heart-breaks..in the process of realizing her Uranian independence!

Really , its so intersting a topic..i hope more shall be coming out soon, here!

Regards,
Arihant
Arihant

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moreover , [u]this i feel so[/u], Astrologers all over the world , give this special attention to , Mars retrograde , in a Woman's chart ...they are sensitive & compassionate to her ..may be understanding she is not encountering , best of male-species ,in her life!

a warm hello to you all! Leery

Arihant
Coffee

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would do both the same and not concentrate on a Mans Venus/Mars or a Womens Venus/Mars placement.

Both Men and Women would express these sides.
Just keep it the same. Nice and equal. Very Happy
Arihant

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as Nice and equal , as tea & coffee ,pun unintended Lala Happy , like two drinks, two human beings ,....which one is potent , i leave it to you!

Looks like , Chief Curator has Stakes invoved , in designing these two temperamentally & biologically different ...so why we argue!

I am a bit sensitive , so i feel so!
regards!
Arihant
Julie K

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Gender in a chart Reply with quote

Arihant,

Just something to add. The placement of Mars in a males chart will indicate if he has 'nobility and honour". A strong well placed Mars is the clue. Mars rising is in accidental dignity no matter what the Sign is as does a Mars in 8th House. A 'clumsy' Mars is difficult and uncomfortable to manage for males. Mars in Libra, particularly for males, will act inappropriately. Shocked eg. Bill Clinton, Michael Douglas. For the femals as well they need to understand what is theirs and what belongs to others.

Julie K
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mark

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Julie,

Quote:
The placement of Mars in a males chart will indicate if he has 'nobility and honour".

Interesting. However, I would be more inclined to see Jupiter as the natural significator of nobility and honour irrespective of the the gender involved. The placement of Jupiter tells us a lot about the faith, hope and ideals underpinning our actions.

Of course there are Lilly's suggestions for using Mars and the Sun as natural indicators for men in relationship horaries.

I am quite surprised you consider Mars in the 8th house strong as traditionally, that is a one of the weakest houses.
Julie K

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Gender in a chart Reply with quote

Mark,

Yes the Ancients considered the 8th House to be 'unfortunate' indeed - Mars is the Ancient Ruler of the 8th therefore Mars has dignity placed in the 8th House.

Jupiter is about the 'truth' - what is true - being true to the self. I dont see Jupiter as being about honor and and nobility - more about the integrity of the individual.

Julie K
###

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mars as ancient ruler of the 8th? I've never heard that before. Where do you get it?
Arihant

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Mark and Kirk , Leery

Oh, you too are trying to nail Dear Julie..when she just meant to say as , Ancient ruler of Scorpio, Mars do have a sort of stake over house 8 , and like a well- aspected Sun in Eight , Well -aspected Mars placement might be fortuitous , for enterprising activities concerning joint- properties, Insurance agents...and for general [i]vitality[/i] , required here....in any case , it coluld not be worse than , placement of South Node here, which i have got, & which , in one way or other , always diffused me in fully experiencing 8 house affairs .

regards ,
Arihant
Julie K

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Gender in a chart Reply with quote

Kirk wrote:
Mars as ancient ruler of the 8th? I've never heard that before. Where do you get it?

Kirk,

Have you ever looked into Ancient - Medieval Astrology? Looking at the wheel of life, the Ancients gave Rulership of House 4 - Cancer - to the Moon, and Rulership of 5th House - Leo - to the Sun. The closet planet to the Sun is Mercury - Mercury was assigned Rulership over Houses 3 - Gemini and 6 - Virgo. Venus the next closest to Sun was assigned Rulership over Houses 2 - Taurus and 7 - Libra. Mars was assigned Rulership of Houses 1 - Aries and 8 - Scorpio. Jupiter was assigned Rulership of Houses 9 - Sagittarius - and 12 - Pisces. Saturn was assigned Rulership of Houses 11 - Aquarius and 10 - Capricorn.

The outer Planets, Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are often called 'the invisibles - the Ancients could not see beyond Saturn with the naked eye and they did a very good job with just seven Rulers, the Lights , personals and social Planets. Hence Saturn - 'the ring past not'.

Julie K
epurdue

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie,

Keep in mind that signs were often called houses. Ben Dykes' translation of Bonatti discusses this.
yuzuru

Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie K,

"Have you ever looked into Ancient - Medieval Astrology?"

You should have more careful with this kind of remark: it seens that you are saying that the other people is an amateur that doesn´t even know the rulerships.

This kind of remark should be even more avoided in this kind of case, when you are wrong, and talking about different things.

MarkC and Kirk are right. If you still have doubts I would suggest a search in the skyscript site and forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: