Manchester United Plane Crash - 50th Anniversary

For many people in the UK and Europe the Munich plane crash of 1958 marks one of the greatest sporting tragedies. In 1958 Manchester United were a young side, known affectionately as the Busby Babes after their manager Matt Busby. Yet they had already won the English championship and had reached the semi-final of the European Cup. On February 6th they were returning from a European Cup match in Belgrade. Their plane stopped for refuelling in Munich. The plane started its takeoff run but in bad weather conditions with slush on the runway. It failed to get lift and at 3:04 pm it skidded off the runway, hit a fuel tanker and the rear end exploded. Seven players were killed outright and an eighth died of his injuries 15 days later. Members of the coaching staff, journalists and some supporters were also killed.

I have cast a chart for the moment of the crash and have put this on the web at http://www.minderwiz.pwp.blueyonder.co. ... munich.htm

The Ascendant at 22 degrees 59 minutes Cancer is exactly conjunct the Arabian part of Danger and Peril. The Ascendant ruler, The Moon is in the third house of short journeys (the plane did not take off) square Saturn Lord of the Eighth house of Death.

I have taken the significator of Manchester United as Mars, ruler of the 5th house of Sport and an appropriate significaator for a team nick named the Red Devils. Mars is in the sixth House, closely trined by Pluto. If we take the ruler of the sixth as an indicator of the 'illness', then we have Jupiter whose expansive nature can symbolise explosions. Jupiter is in the fourth applying to a conjunction with Neptune and the North Node - perhaps symbolising not only the explosion of the plane but also the explosion of the hopes and dreams for the future Saturn, Lord 8, sits on the cusp of the sixth house and is disposited by Jupiter, excercising some control over the outcome of the crash.

Others might get more out of the chart than this but the chart does seem to closely mirror the actual event

I`d love to look at the chart at the time of the departure in Belgrade, which would have shown a possibility of the disaster. We`ll then be able to understand the chart of the crash better.