Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Eclipses - aspecting natal planets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gracie

Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Eclipses - aspecting natal planets Reply with quote

Hello

I am having problems getting info on the following

Solar eclipse - opposition Sun 1 degree orb 7th hse

And in another Chart (related)

Solar eclipse - conjunct Jupiter.(exact) 2nd Hse

Interpretations would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Gracie
Mr Stellium

Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Solar eclipse opposite sun in 7th: A major change in life, probably to do with a relationship, perhaps the loss of a partner or close friend or relative. Likely to occur plus or minus three months from the date of the eclipse. A more accurate forecast could be made by checking the progressed chart and transits in the relative timeframe. 2) Solar eclipse conjunct jupiter in the 2nd: Perhaps a financial windfall, but again transits and the progresssed chart should be analysed for a more accurate interpretation.
moonwise

Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: agree with Sun part Mars Reply with quote

I'm in agreement with the previous poster in the interpretation of the eclipse but I thought eclipses made their effects felt within one month prior or one month following the eclipse date.

Granted, when transiting planets hit the eclipse degree something is stirred up.
Coffee

Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the effect was known upon the aspecting perfecting, give or take a day or two. A month either side is a bit too much.

Depends what house Sun rules. Check that for the effect. So if youre an Aqua riser, the eclipse will be about partnerships as your 7th house is ruled by Leo (Sun)
Kylie

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really interested in this topic as I have the solar eclipse in Jan 09 conjuncting my natal mercury and is within 2 degree orb of my asc......I'm assuming it will be big, but I am still yet to understand if it will be a good or bad thing....
Any ideas?
How far away from the path of the eclipse can you be to feel its effects?
Perhaps thats something the original poster would be interested in finding out also.

Kylie.
Julie K

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Eclipses - aspecting natal planets Reply with quote

Gracie wrote:
Hello
I am having problems getting info on the following
Solar eclipse - opposition Sun 1 degree orb 7th hse
And in another Chart (related)
Solar eclipse - conjunct Jupiter.(exact) 2nd Hse
Interpretations would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Gracie

Gracie,

For the very best info on Eclipses Bernadette Brady has done excellent work here - try to get hold of her book -'Predictions in Astrology -The Eagle and The Lark'. Bernadette has delineated each Eclipse and explains the Saros Series in detail. You wont get better info.

As you dont say which particular Solar Eclipse you are referring to I am assuming it is the August 01, 2008 @ 9/34 Leo? A direct hit to a Luminary will have definite impact. A Planetary hit has impact maybe lesser. The House impacted - area of life - and the polarity will be activated.

[Saros Series South - This Saros Series concerns itself with breaking out of a very negative situation where there is no hope can be seen to a more positive space containing many options. A worry that may have been affecting a person will suddenly clear. The solution is shown by the Cosmos and needs to be taken up without too much delay.]

This Solar Eclipse hits my S Node in 4th House so I expect something to do with home and family and also looking at my 10th House Polarity - area of life - something there too.

I hope this is of help to you.

Julie K
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keri

Posted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This coming eclipse takes place exactly on my 3rd house cusp. Uranus is at 12 Leo, 3rd.

Is a house cusp taken into consideration?

Thank you,

Keri
Julie K

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Eclipse Coming Up Reply with quote

Keri wrote:
This coming eclipse takes place exactly on my 3rd house cusp. Uranus is at 12 Leo, 3rd.
Is a house cusp taken into consideration?Thank you,
Keri

Keri,

You may get some action across your 3rd/9th axis from this Eclipse. Does the theme resonate with you? Can you relate to a negative situation which may seem hopeless around some one you know?

As the Solar Eclipse is in Leo expect drama.

I'm getting my 'hit' now as a relative that needs help with living skills is proving very difficult to their own detriment. Right now the situation is extremely negative - I'll post the outcome.

Julie K
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keri

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This eclipse will also be sq. to my Venus (ruling 5th and 12th) and Vertex, in 5th.

As it will be across the 3rd-9th axis I'm actually traveling during this eclipse and taking some writing materials with me which seems to fit some of the 3rd/9th house themes.

Luckily, no problems with anyone right now.. Wink

Thank you for your imput Julie,

Keri
SusieN

Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie K you've made my day!

Thanks for posting the info on this eclipse, and as it falls on my 8/2 cusps and conjunct my natal Jupiter, I'm expecting a real turn-around in a situation that has been mighty difficult for a while....

Best regards from a very relieved Susie Thumbs up
Julie K

Posted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Eclipse Coming Up Reply with quote

Keri, Susie,

I hope the 9/34 Leo Solar Eclipse brought in a resolution.

It was amazing to watch, especially from Beijing not quite a week before the Olympics begin! Lets hope there are no dramas there!

Not sure if the family member I spoke of was able to take up the energy and adapt to a positive look at things or simply create more drama for himself!

Also there are times I am not able to access this Forum due to my browser I dont understand, so if I dont respond then you know why.

Julie K
Tom

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie,

A while back a couple of people had browser problems and could not log on. I don't recall which browser. So if you 're using IE download Firefox for Skyscript, or vice versa. Not everyone had the problem, so it may simply require re-installing whatever browser you use.

Good luck.

Tom
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first time ever, I had a problem logging onto the site on Friday night. I needed to find out what the problem was so I downloaded and installed Firefox (took less than 5 minutes to be up and running with it), and I had no problem whatsoever. But by then my problem with IE had dissapeared too, so I still don't know what the problem was. There are all sorts of server issues that can come up to interfere with web connection, so a problem might be do to your own computer settings, local broadband issues, server updates, or many reasons. Very often it's worth trying out another browser or simply waiting to see if the problem will pass.

I'm also posting to point out that I'll be away from the internet next week, so apologies if people send me posts - they'll go unanswered for a while.

Deb
Paulo Silva

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Deborah Houlding,

Yesterday I was facing the same problem. When I tried to access my website, as well as yours and many others, with IE6 or IE7, I was blocked.

The problem was an issue with IE and the Javascript of Sitemeter. This problem was solved yesterday afternoon. The information about this problem is published on Sitemeter's blog:

http://weblog.sitemeter.com/2008/08/02/sitemeter-ie-issues-resolved/

I hope this information can be of some help.

Best regards,

Paulo Alexandre Silva
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for explaining that Paulo. I had asked the man who provides the server for this site to look into the problem, and he wasnt able to identify what had caused it either, so it will be a relief to him also, to know it was nothing to do with me Smile!

In the meantime, I bet a lot of people moved over to Firefox yesterday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: