1) Solar eclipse opposite sun in 7th: A major change in life, probably to do with a relationship, perhaps the loss of a partner or close friend or relative. Likely to occur plus or minus three months from the date of the eclipse. A more accurate forecast could be made by checking the progressed chart and transits in the relative timeframe. 2) Solar eclipse conjunct jupiter in the 2nd: Perhaps a financial windfall, but again transits and the progresssed chart should be analysed for a more accurate interpretation.

agree with Sun part Mars

I'm in agreement with the previous poster in the interpretation of the eclipse but I thought eclipses made their effects felt within one month prior or one month following the eclipse date.

Granted, when transiting planets hit the eclipse degree something is stirred up.

I thought the effect was known upon the aspecting perfecting, give or take a day or two. A month either side is a bit too much.

Depends what house Sun rules. Check that for the effect. So if youre an Aqua riser, the eclipse will be about partnerships as your 7th house is ruled by Leo (Sun)

I am really interested in this topic as I have the solar eclipse in Jan 09 conjuncting my natal mercury and is within 2 degree orb of my asc......I'm assuming it will be big, but I am still yet to understand if it will be a good or bad thing....
Any ideas?
How far away from the path of the eclipse can you be to feel its effects?
Perhaps thats something the original poster would be interested in finding out also.

Kylie.
Perseverantia omnia vincit

Re: Eclipses - aspecting natal planets

Gracie wrote:Hello
I am having problems getting info on the following
Solar eclipse - opposition Sun 1 degree orb 7th hse
And in another Chart (related)
Solar eclipse - conjunct Jupiter.(exact) 2nd Hse
Interpretations would be much appreciated.
Many thanks
Gracie

Gracie,

For the very best info on Eclipses Bernadette Brady has done excellent work here - try to get hold of her book -'Predictions in Astrology -The Eagle and The Lark'. Bernadette has delineated each Eclipse and explains the Saros Series in detail. You wont get better info.

As you dont say which particular Solar Eclipse you are referring to I am assuming it is the August 01, 2008 @ 9/34 Leo? A direct hit to a Luminary will have definite impact. A Planetary hit has impact maybe lesser. The House impacted - area of life - and the polarity will be activated.

[Saros Series South - This Saros Series concerns itself with breaking out of a very negative situation where there is no hope can be seen to a more positive space containing many options. A worry that may have been affecting a person will suddenly clear. The solution is shown by the Cosmos and needs to be taken up without too much delay.]

This Solar Eclipse hits my S Node in 4th House so I expect something to do with home and family and also looking at my 10th House Polarity - area of life - something there too.

I hope this is of help to you.

Julie K

Eclipse Coming Up

Keri wrote:This coming eclipse takes place exactly on my 3rd house cusp. Uranus is at 12 Leo, 3rd.
Is a house cusp taken into consideration?Thank you,
Keri
Keri,

You may get some action across your 3rd/9th axis from this Eclipse. Does the theme resonate with you? Can you relate to a negative situation which may seem hopeless around some one you know?

As the Solar Eclipse is in Leo expect drama.

I'm getting my 'hit' now as a relative that needs help with living skills is proving very difficult to their own detriment. Right now the situation is extremely negative - I'll post the outcome.

Julie K

This eclipse will also be sq. to my Venus (ruling 5th and 12th) and Vertex, in 5th.

As it will be across the 3rd-9th axis I'm actually traveling during this eclipse and taking some writing materials with me which seems to fit some of the 3rd/9th house themes.

Luckily, no problems with anyone right now.. :wink:

Thank you for your imput Julie,

Keri

Julie K you've made my day!

Thanks for posting the info on this eclipse, and as it falls on my 8/2 cusps and conjunct my natal Jupiter, I'm expecting a real turn-around in a situation that has been mighty difficult for a while....

Best regards from a very relieved Susie :'

Eclipse Coming Up

Keri, Susie,

I hope the 9/34 Leo Solar Eclipse brought in a resolution.

It was amazing to watch, especially from Beijing not quite a week before the Olympics begin! Lets hope there are no dramas there!

Not sure if the family member I spoke of was able to take up the energy and adapt to a positive look at things or simply create more drama for himself!

Also there are times I am not able to access this Forum due to my browser I dont understand, so if I dont respond then you know why.

Julie K

Julie,

A while back a couple of people had browser problems and could not log on. I don't recall which browser. So if you 're using IE download Firefox for Skyscript, or vice versa. Not everyone had the problem, so it may simply require re-installing whatever browser you use.

Good luck.

Tom