We signed on the new lease for our overseas rental. Does this event equal a natal chart (I suspect) or a horary (not a ?? an event) and when would the "birth" be the day we signed or the day we brought it into the estate agent? THese are two different days.

Despite the similarities is what the astrologer does in these cases, there are generally accepted terms that most astrologers stick to in order to make communication more effective:

A chart cast for the time of the signing of a lease would be an event chart.

A chart cast at the time of a question such as, "Should I sign the lease?" would be a horary.

A chart set for a future time in response to the question, "When is the best time to sign the lease?" is an election.

The word "natal" in astrology is almost always used to indicate it is the chart set for the birth of a person (or dog, cat or horse if you wish). It has to do with a physical birth.

Charts set for the beginnings of nations, setting of cornerstones in buildings, founding of organizations, etc resemble the idea of a birth cart as they are set for a beginning. However, they fall under the topic of "mundane" astrology, but they are "event charts." In one sense every chart is an event chart, but using only that term would result in a lot of confusion.

Hope this helps.

Tom

event thanks

Thank you Tom I'll treat it as a natal chart.
At least this way there are several good points. Jupiter in the 4th will be protective, but yes the rental price went up. Hopefully my income will as well. (9th house Mars, I work with language and foreign relations and foreign companies)