North Node Destiny and Life Path

My North Node (4'26 Capricron) is less than a degree from my 3rd house cusp(3'15 Capricorn). Is it interpreted in the 3rd house?

My North Node Ruler (Saturn 3'44 Cancer) is conjunct my South Node. How is that interprated?

My South Node and my North Node Ruler are disposited by my 5th house 2'52 Aires Moon. (It's also square the Nodes) Does that mean the conditions of my moon play a greater than normal role in the fulfilling of my North Node?

Some Texts give the South Node negative qualities which seems strange to me since one cannot exist without the other. Is achieving a balance the ideal? (especially since an opposition points to need for balance) Does my South Node emphasis create greater difficulty achieving balance?

How do you interpret house and sign together?

I've also read that South Node synastry connections are not that great but have recently met two friends of 30 years that one has Saturn conjunct the others South Node and the Others Sun is conjunct his South Node. Seems fairly significant and enduring. How does opposite North Nodes close in Orb (4 Degrees) play out in terms of Synastry? What about ruler of the North Node conjunct the others North Node or Saturn conjunct the others North Node?

Thanks

C

Most of the traditional texts say two main things about the nodes:

1. The North Node has similar properties to Jupiter and Venus, and the South Node has similar properties to Saturn and Mars.

2. The North Node increases a planetary effect, so when it acts with a beneficial planet it increases that effect, and with a malefic planet it also increases that effect. The opposite is true of the South Node where it decreases an effect.

Where I personally get confused, I'm not sure if this only applies to conjunctions or also the other aspects. Other than that it's pretty straightforward I think.

OTOH you may prefer a modern view.

In natal charts I advise much more will be learned from casting a draconic chart, and examining the placement of the planets and their aspect to the tropical chart. In this mode of use, the lunar nodes are not terribly more significant than the vertex. And they are not worth the tortured "karmic" interpretation they have been loaded up with.

Which is also to say, they become more interesting and relevant in synastry, as do the vertices. But synastries should never be read as nativities anyway.

IMHO.

Nodes and Destiny

Nelson,

Are you saying your Aries Moon is at the bendings - square the Nodes? This pushy I,I, I, Me,Me,Me - me first, unos numero - Aries Moon is in a very critical and even dangerous position as is any Planet is square the Nodes.

Your Nth Node is in Cardinal Capricorn on 3rd House Cusp and Sth Node in Cardinal Cancer on 9th House Cusp?

The issues are 3rd/9th House. Capricorn Nodal placement is where you will take a stand against the World.

[Capricorn must establish it's authority on a firm foundation. Ability gained by experience and hard work is what is required - (Earth Sign). This foundation laid with so much effort must be placed at teh disposal of others. In Capricorn we have the true ruler who is able to lead others with genuine authority that may have taken a long time to develope. The masses follow Carppricorn whereas the group follows Cancer.] Moon Node Astrology by Bruno and Louise Huber.

This is the most informative book I have been able to find on the Moon's Nodes.

Julie K

I had just prepared this thread so I'll add it under the one that's running.

Hi Folks,

Transits to our North Nodes ?

I don't think I've found any Notes on this anywhere.

Anybody seen some ?

So the NN is a point and it can be progressed.

That sort of leaves a trail in our Charts that get activated by transiting planets.

Probably only be conjunction as it's a point.

Would you like to share you experiences?

Of course you need to consider the sign the NN is in as that will effect it and the planet that is crossing it.

I have a Cancer 11th NN progressed to 10th. Saturn transited it a few years ago.

No need to say that I got flattened.

Complete change of life. Painfull at the time. Most probably turning out for the better now.

Mars is sneaking up too just now so I'm wondering what that will bring especially as Mars will be in fall.

But also very interested to know what other experiences others have had.

It's definately one to watch.

H.
Yikkes!

Nodes and Destiny

Yikes,

I find the Nodes incredibly linked to events in my life. The Nodal Cycle is 18.6 years approx. The Nodes move through the chart in clockwise motion. Eclipses cannot occur without the Nodes being within 19 degrees or closer to the Luminaries.By SP the Nodes wont move more than a few degrees.

When a Planet is conj by transit to the North Node the South Node will also be impacted. Watch the squares to the Nodes by transits and SPs as well.

The Nodes Natally on an angle have major importance to the individual as does the parental axis - 4th/10th.Notes the times when the T Nodes crosses these axis as the possibility of major life events can be evident. If your have a Planet at the same degree as the Nodes watch transits to these planets as well as Eclipses. I have Nodes, Vertex and Neptune on same degree but not Sign.

Julie K