Believe it or not, there is some research on this...

This is a reference you might want to look at from a "Northern tradition" neopagan transgendered activist who has also done some interesting astrology on the side. His sample size is small and "unscientific" (mostly people he knows) but I still think it is worth considering.

http://www.cauldronfarm.com/asphodel/ar ... ender.html

His really cool hypothesis on black holes and "vampires" which I have actually seen validated in two or three of the charts that I follow is not on this site, but can be found toward the back of his book, [/i]The Ethical Psychic Vampire.
All I know is that if my birth chart was a horary, the answer would be "No".

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/

Basically the whole thing is based upon the ideas of Venus= Female Mars = Male that I don't like.

And even if they could find some kind of Astrological connection, they could probably find the same connection in non-transgenered. It still doesn't make Transgender any less obviously demonic.

I mean who looks upon the will of God making you something and says in effect that he made a mistake and "you should have been what you are not" save someone clearly under strong Demonic influence.

Oh, give it a rest, will you...

Slayer,

Lay off the "transgendered is demonic" crap - I am perfectly content with my straight female orientation, and even I find that slant offensive.

Recent ideas on the transgendered phenomenon is that it may stem from a different mix of hormones around the embryo in the earliest weeks of development - i.e. the cause is physiological, not demonic.

The original post asked whether or not it could be accounted for astrologically. This is an astrological forum. If you need a good hate group, let a different set of keystrokes take you someplace else.

Slayer, it is not the job of an astrologer to take their personal morality and impose it on others. Besides how do we know you aren't under demonic influence?

On topic, my first thought is some kind of Mercury influence, but to be honest I'm not sure how I would predict it. Then again I'm still very much a student, but if you figure Venus usually signifies women and Mars men, then Mercury being a neutral planet may signify a transgender.

On the other hand this gets into the whole debate whether a male to female transgender is really female or a female to male is really a male biologically. The implication here is that according to transexuals, their gender is a hormone imbalance - i.e. a sort of birth defect.

One could also argue that regardless of this, one is born a particular gender, so your chart reflects that original gender. It's sort of like basing transits, directions, profections, and progressions from the natal birth place regardless of one's current location. I think this is the most complicated question astrologically rather than signification itself.

Some time ago I was doing a study with AstroDatabank about the houses. I let the program find me charts with a lot of planets in a certain house, and then I studied the groups whether they had any common features (preferably pertaining to the house in question). One aim was to test different house systems ? which system gives the most homogenous groups? The system that seemed to work best in this regard was what Indians call Shripati houses: you use porphyry cusps, but the house spreads on both sides of the cusp, it doesn?t begin from it. My preferred cusp system is Alcabitius, which doesn?t differ much from Porphyry, and I think that Alcabitius can be used in a similar way. When I mentioned this to my friend who is studying for Olivia Barclay?s horary diploma, she said that there?s in fact references in Ptolemy to this kind of usage of the cusps.

Now to the question: in the study the 8th house seemed to have some kind of connection to a blended/unclear gender. I found 25 charts with rating B or better with five or six planets or points out of the seven traditional planets + the Nodes in the 8th house, and two of those charts belonged to persons who had a very unusual story regarding the gender issues.

The other was Bernard Boursicot (12th August 1944 at 20.00/8.00 PM +0.00, Vannes, France) ? a French administrator who had an affair in China with a person whom he thought to be a woman but who actually was a man. They were together for 19 years before Boursicot found the truth, to his immense shock. Boursicot has the Sun, Venus, Jupiter and Mercury in the 8th house, and Mars could maybe counted there too.

The other chart belonged to Lynn Harris (13th September 1950 at 18.10/6.10 PM +7.00 Orange, CA), an American hermaphrodite. He was raised as a girl, but when he was 29 he switched gender to a man and came out as a gay male. When using Shripati houses, or Alcabitius with the cusp in the centre, the 8th house has the Sun, Saturn, Mercury, the South Node (Ketu) and the Moon in it.

I think finding two such unusual stories out of 25 charts might possibly indicate something about one side of the 8th house.

Interesting stuff, Papretis

Thanks for putting this up, P. This supports my own thought about a packed 8th house - that it can be a marker for BDSM. Since this subculture has significant overlap with the transgenedered crowd, I think that might account for the individuals who have experiences with one or the other, or both.

Sue Tompkins mentions Mars/Pluto contacts can be associated with kinkiness. She doesn't quite put it this way, but one can read BTW lines. Pluto is a natural in the 8th. Mars is the old ruler of Scorpio.

I also like the esoteric astrology website below:

http://www.dkfoundation.co.uk/BookKarmaHouse8.htm

Quick summary:
Mars in 8th: feels the emotional pressure, has above-average sexuality needs
Jupiter in 8th: multiple partners
Saturn in 8th: controlling, bullying partners who are constantly reminding the native of their lack of responsibility (ritualized in BDSM)
Pluto in 8th: fascination for taboo subjects and psycho people (this is not a judgment call on my part)

So, if you have a person with a Mars/Pluto contact and say, a couple of planets in the 8th, you might have someone with at least a passing interest in having their hair pulled, even if they're not into the whole phenomenon. And if you sample enough of these folks, you're going to pull up some whole-hog types who are deeply into both.

My guess is also that you don't have a whole lot of transgendered types who have not engaged in some form of BDSM, and I do think a lot of this is rooted in the 8th house in one way or another. But I'm not TG, so it is merely a guess - I can't speak for them.