Vernal Ingress - London

How would we interpret the forthcoming Vernal Ingress - March 20th, 05:48 GMT?
For London it's an AC in Pisces in exact conjunction with Uranus. Mars in IV (antisc. the cusp of house IV) opposing Pluto in house X - both square Sun.
I can imagine that in the weeks to follow London and the greater part of the country might be in for some storms plus heavy showers (I mean real storms - :-) - metereologically speaking).

This article is a good starting point: http://www.skyscript.co.uk/ingresses.html

As its a mutable ASC its valid for 6 months. We therefore need to look at the Libra Ingress for the following six months. Do keep in mind the chart can be related to the whole UK not just London.

With Ingress charts its the different house cusps that distinguish the charts even though planets all have the same placement by sign. Thus the Aries Ingress chart for Scotland based on Edinburgh looks quite different to the UK chart.

Clearly, there is talk of an economic downturn and even recession everywhere you turn at the moment.

Saturn is peregrine in Virgo. The clearing up after the reckless Saturn in Leo party. Thats reinforced with a Virgo Moon in the 6th house (Placidus houses) disposed by a debilitated mercury. Jupiter is in fall in Capricorn and as the ASC and MC ruler reflects both the mood of the markets and population who are feeling more downbeat. This atmosphere is likely to continue at least until Jupiter moves into Aquarius where it has triplicity. Jupiter is the natural significator for wealth-or lack of it.

In terms of the UK chart what is striking is the placement of Mercury and Venus in the 12th house. Mercury in detriment and fall in the 12th house could hardly be in a worse state. I suspect we will see a substantial fall or at least a freeze in UK property prices. Mortgage repossessions are also likely to be a theme more in the news. Homelessness is traditionally a 12th house matter. The other possiibility is that the presence of the 4th house ruler debiltated in a water sign could indicate flooding. This theme is repeated with Mars in Cancer in its sign of fall. Venus the second house ruler in the 12th is another indication that all is not well with the economy and national finances although its exaltation hints its more to do with other external forces or short term factors rather than the inherent soundness of it.

I note the Moon is in a a separating opposition to Mercury and Venus before it forms a trine to Jupiter. Many of these issues are not new. The Northern Rock Bank crisis highlighted these potential themes months ago. Jupiter is not delivering much at present so public hopes for an improvement may prove short term. However, the Moon is also forming an applying opposition to Uranus. This being Britain I don't see this as riots on the streets. What might this indicate? Possibly a sharp shock to the money markets or even a currency crisis. The moon is natural significator of our homes so again there are signs of a severe problem. This could be financial and/ or weather related damage with the moon again fitting the imagery for floods.

Mars is the 8th house and intercepted first house ruler. Its also debilitated in its sign of fall. This could just indicate the difficulties over foreign investments and ecomomic relations. However, its presence in the 4th house bodes poorly for housing. The placement of a Mars in fall a water sign could indicate damage to housing through flooding or storm damage.
Its also forming a tight square to the POF.

Like you I noticed both the angular Uranus and Pluto. This may just be a reflection of the heavy shock that this phase represents for the economy. We have rather come to expect economic growth as a way of life. I also note the fixed stars Shaula and Lesath in the 'sting of the scorpion' are right on the midheaven. Equally, though the symbolism could fit sudden weather such as storms and extensive flooding occuring rapidly.

All in all not looking a great six months ahead to me. Time to take out mortgage protection and flood insurance policies I suggest.

Thanks for this detailed account.
Let me add that I certainly had in mind not only a meteorological storm but also one that might shake the London Stock Exchange.
As you rightly point out, the impact on mortgages etc. will soon be felt in Britain, too (and to a lesser degree here in Germany).
Last year I wrote in this forum: "If I lived in London, I'd sell my house within the next months." I was then referring (among others) to the chart of the Great Conjunction of JU and SAT in May 2000 28th May, 16:00 GMT). There you find Neptune conj. IC for London - and what is more: Neptune is in Aquarius and rules over house five. In other words: with a view to housing there must have been a lot of gambling and speculation going on beyond the Channel.
If you have a look at the presently "operating" progressive New Moon of the 1927-chart of the UK (12 April, Midnight), you see SU/MO in Cancer in house XII, Venus conj. Neptune at the cusp of house II with Venus ruling the Libra IC - another clear hint that can hardly be misunderstood (date of this New Moon: June 29th 1927).