Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

6th – not 10th – for work
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
###

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: 6th – not 10th – for work Reply with quote

This topic is due to a recent statement in another thread that the 10th is the house of work, not the 6th. I strongly disagree with a vast horde of others on this matter. The 10th is the house of princes, kings and presidents. The 10th is also the house of the business owner. I believe this is Lee Lehman’s approach.

The 6th is the house of the work routine and workplace. It’s where many people are located when they dream of being elsewhere. It’s a position of being told what to do and being expected to do it well. I think it ties in well with its lack of aspect to the ASC: Work as a setting aside of one’s individuality and personal desires.

The 10th has a long history of high social standing, achievement, honors and public esteem. The 10th is the top of the chart. The 10th is our action in the world, which can in reality have very little to do with our routine job and its drab reward of pay for good behavior. What does being a waiter, bank clerk, insurance salesman, city parks worker, plumber, roofer, priest, stock analyst or school teacher have to do with 10th house celebrated rewards and high social standing? Any of the listed workers could receive 10th house honors in their line of work – after all, the 6th does trine the 10th – so the 6th house work can lead upward in the estimation of ones peers. But that doesn’t make the person a king. Yet. They all work for an organization or business owner.

It does seem odd to be actively wanting and seeking something from the 6th house, and using the 6th house to signify the position we desire. We’re so used to thinking of the 6th as bad, and therefore a house to avoid. But the 6th trines the 2nd and 10th – so the drudgery, routine and reigned-in self of the 6th can lead to money, recognition, and our particular way of acting in the world (10th). There is nothing wrong in seeking the humble base and beginnings found in the 6th. It seems very odd indeed for someone seeking a position as bank clerk, city parks worker or school teacher to be consulting the house of kings and presidents: Starting at the top? Frankly, in wanting a particular job I think we’re actually seeking the benefits of the complete 2-6-10 triad. The 6th serves as the humble base for future opportunity.
Gem

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk
I see your logic and argument but the way I see is a bit different.
The 10th is the most public part in the chart, our standings in society, how we act, function in society and contribute to the world at large.
Quote:
t seems very odd indeed for someone seeking a position as bank clerk, city parks worker or school teacher to be consulting the house of kings and presidents

That's the way they contribute to the world. Society can't function without them. However menial the work may be, someone has to do it.
Quote:
The 10th has a long history of high social standing, achievement, honors and public esteem.

Not everyone can get 'high' social standing, achievement, honours and public esteem.

The 6th house, however, is under the horizon(not obvious in the public eye), it concerns more with the personal self, personal environment, an uncomfortable place though may be from the perspective of the self(AC) but it's not about our place in society. Kings and presidents place their servants in their 6th house but in the servants' charts, their work would be represented in the 1oth becasuse that's how they operate in the world.
###

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gem,

Quote:
Quote:
The 10th has a long history of high social standing, achievement, honors and public esteem.

Not everyone can get 'high' social standing, achievement, honours and public esteem.

No, but they can raise themselves to active participation in the world with standards of quality and behavior. That doesn’t require the workplace. But the 10th also is the house of the folks who were just ‘born into it’. Kings are usually whoever is next in line. In that sense 10th house kings and nobility are separate from our discussion.

I need to take a closer look at the 10th and my statement “The 10th is the top of the chart. The 10th is our action in the world, which can in reality have very little to do with our routine job and its drab reward of pay for good behavior.”

Quote:
Quote:
t seems very odd indeed for someone seeking a position as bank clerk, city parks worker or school teacher to be consulting the house of kings and presidents

That's the way they contribute to the world. Society can't function without them. However menial the work may be, someone has to do it.

But are they really contributing to the world? If it’s a matter of showing up at work and doing the routine tasks because that’s what you’re paid for, then it’s a situation of filling a position and serving a function. The person is doing what s/he is told to do because that is what needs to be done to earn the pay. The person is giving up or losing something personal [time, preferred activities] in exchange for money. Can we therefore say that they are contributing or giving something to the world? It’s ultimately a personal and self-centered action – the desire and need for money. We’re still in the 6th house, beneath the horizon and in a personal world. We ask horary questions concerning whether or not we will get these paying positions. The 6th is often a place of ‘good enough’ and ‘I’ve done my part’. It can be a place of doing a so-so, adequate job and taking the money. That ties in well with the lack of aspect to the ASC and its sense of the individual, personal dignity and standards of behavior. [Which, by the way, reminds me of the many times I’ve seen posts here and at other sites where the person posting says that s/he is at work and doesn’t have the time or materials for posting more complete information. Posting to a forum while at work? Shocked ]

But the 6th trines the 10th: A city parks worker at the 6th house workplace could give by consciously trying to do a very good job maintaining those city parks. The person could work quickly and efficiently with a high standard of quality, thereby contributing to the city’s parks at a good price. In this case, the worker enters the upper social realm of houses and moves from the 6th to the 10th , intentionally engaging his praxis or actions in the world and giving something to the world. In order to help me tidy up my example he wins 10th house honors as employee of the year.

For me the 6th is the routine of the job and workplace – the starting point. The 10th is where one goes from the 6th through conscious and intentional engagement, and standards of action – thereby elevating oneself. We seek a 6th house position in order to gain by way of the 2nd house – and the 10th if we are inclined to concern ourselves with more than doing the bare minimum for the money.
Gunhilde

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The 10th is the top of the chart. The 10th is our action in the world, which can in reality have very little to do with our routine job and its drab reward of pay for good behavior.”

But this is a modern view of working and not especially accurate, Kirk; in Lilly's time you had your vocation, and that was what you did. It was more rigidly bound by class, caste, and family tradition, e.g. being born into a family of blacksmiths, hence the prevalence of the surname 'Smith', for example. Whatever your vocation, whether it be CEO or a clerk in a shoestore, that is how you manifest your action on the world. The 10th also follows from the 9th: it is how you manifest your knowledge and possibly education on the world, hence the association of the 10th with career. The 6th follows from the 5th, the house of children, and is a much less logical argument for the 6th being the house where you manifest your own power, however small or menial it is.

As Gem says, the 6th is under the horizon, and has more to do with internal worlds (being the house of illness, for example) than external. I see absolutely no logic in using the house of illness to also represent the house of work.

Cheers,
GH Smile
###

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gunhilde,
Quote:

The 6th follows from the 5th, the house of children, and is a much less logical argument for the 6th being the house where you manifest your own power, however small or menial it is.

As Gem says, the 6th is under the horizon, and has more to do with internal worlds (being the house of illness, for example) than external. I see absolutely no logic in using the house of illness to also represent the house of work.

That’s why I say that doing a mediocre good-enough job hour-after-hour, month-after-month is staying in the 6th. That is not manifesting one’s personal power. Just doing the bare minimum for the money is about as good and desirable for oneself as poor health. It’s not actively engaging and participating in the world. It’s not personal excellence.

The 6th house is a work position given to us by others. The 10th house is a work position we give to ourselves. Being a teacher in the Smithville School District is 6th house. Being a teacher, giving one’s time as a teacher, taking a strong interest in teaching well and effectively – that’s tenth house, and not a position one applies to others for. Is there anyone who could tell us something about the 10th house and Greek praxis? I can see my 10th house comments fitting in well with Greek thought, but I could be way off.

We start with a 6th house work position – unless we are a business owner. One is not given the top of the chart, one works toward it. Unless the person is of the highest social class. Astrology is very old, after all.
Gem

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk wrote:
The 6th house is a work position given to us by others.

In other words slavery. Not practised any more in civilised societies.

Quote:
Being a teacher in the Smithville School District is 6th house.

Isn't this your subjective judgement?? Whether the teacher enjoys teaching or not, even if he/she is not 'manifesting their personal power' as you say, the role he/she plays in the world is described by the 10th(teaching), nothing to do with the 6th house. The 10th house is not about how they feel about their work.

Quote:
But are they really contributing to the world? If it’s a matter of showing up at work and doing the routine tasks because that’s what you’re paid for, then it’s a situation of filling a position and serving a function. The person is doing what s/he is told to do because that is what needs to be done to earn the pay. The person is giving up or losing something personal [time, preferred activities] in exchange for money. Can we therefore say that they are contributing or giving something to the world? It’s ultimately a personal and self-centered action – the desire and need for money.

I'd say yes, they're still contributing to the world. The motives're not relevant here. We need people to sweep the streets, empty dustbins, serve at shops, and so on. What will the world be without them?
kerenhappuch

Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kirk,

Usually I find your posts interesting in questioning the norm and raising interesting points. This time, however, I disagree with you... Very Happy

Let's remember, "It's all relative". It doesn't matter if you are the President or a plumber: your job is your job and it is the 10th.

Say I employ a maid or a plumber. I ask "Is this maid/plumber fit for his/her job?" I would look to the 6th house of my horary chart. The 6th is our employees - my maid or plumber.

However, if the same maid or plumber were to ask "Am I good at my job?" we would use the 9th and 10th houses to answer the question (9th is the knowledge pertinent to their job, the 10th).

It's all relative! Let's not get too grandiose about the 10th house. Its meaning is true across all levels and modes of "honour and preference". To suggest that being in a menial job means that I am denied the use of the 10th house because in someone else's eyes it is "not worthy" is to make an inappropriate assumption about the nature of "success and public standing" and constitutes a grave error of judgement.

Look again at traditional sources. It has been understood that peasants and kings each have equal use of their 10th house Wink

Keren
Julie K

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: 6th not 10th Reply with quote

All,

Interesting thread. I'm very inclined to agree with Kirk here - the 6th House being the house of toil and servitude. The 6th was the house of slaves to the Ancients. Everything has a purpose - no matter how menial a job may appear to others, we need people to empty the trash bins in hospitals, all manner of places. The hospitals could not function without cleaners and meanial workers. Neither could hotels, eateries, rail and transport function without what some see as menail workers. The menail workers play a very big part in daily life? 6th house?How we need these people! All have a purpose to humanity. I cant see these jobs as career orientated but many have started as the junior office boy and climbed to the top!

If you look at the ruler of the second house and it's natal placement you will be able to grasp some idea as to how the individual's attraction principal works for them. Venus rules my second and is positied in 3rd - every job I worked at was with money! And every job depended on communication. Plus I worked in my local area for many years.

A friend has Mars as ruler of her second house and Mars is placed in her 6th. She has attracted menial jobs, but this is not to demean her as she works very hard to take care of her family and has been a single parent for many years. Her experiences with Astrology keep her gracious and happy with what she does. Smile

Julie K
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gunhilde

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would still like either or both of you to explain to me the logic in using the house of illness to describe 'work'; it doesn't make any sense. That a job is menial comes down to many things: perception, socio-economic status (perhaps), pay, but the fact is that you get paid to do a job (seen by the 11th; would either of you use the 7th to describe a paycheck, then?); it is not servitude, even if you feel like it (as I do in my current job).

Frawley says: the 6th is "the house of the unpleasantness life throws at us": illness, especially. It represents hospitals. It represents the querent's *subordinates*, hence Lilly's use of the 6th to represent 'servants'. It is not about *being* a servant; it is about *hiring* one (or a plumber, for modern usages).

I think there is a problem here of mixing up the thing itself, with the function, much like people mix up the 2nd and 3rd houses for 'cars'; the car is 2nd house but where it goes is 3rd; 'service' might be 6th, but how it's performed is entirely about the 10th, whether that performance takes place from a janitors' closet or from a leather chair in the corner office. Not everyone can be king; that doesn't mean that only kings get the 10th for the stuff they do.

Cheers,
GH Smile
astrojin

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kirk and others,

As usual, allow me to ramble on the subject...

Meanings of the 10th house (from Bonatti, Treatise 2, trans. Ben Dykes):

Quote:
Albuaz and other ancients said the 10th house is a royal house and signifies empire and kingdom, and profession and dignities and offices, and every art which someone practices whence he is called a "master".

They said the 6th house is that of infirmities and male and female slaves.
Quote:
... and al-Andarzagar said that the first Lord of the triplicity of the 6th house signifies infirmities and convalescences from them (and from evils). The second one signifies domestics and slaves. The third signifies what he will find because of them, and their usefulness and works,; it's a significator of beasts and cattle and all quadrupeds...

Bonatti seemed to imply that we use 10th house for mastery of skills and offices and 6th house for "laborer" (notice laborer not labor) - he did not clearly said that 6th house is the house of work. The same goes if you read Lilly Bk1.

The 6th an dthe 12th are the worst houses in a horoscope. These two houses are the only houses that are both cadent and in-aversion to ascendant. The 12th is generally considered more malefic because

1. The 12th house "weighs down upon the native directly" (being above the ascendant)

2. By primary motion (the motion of the houses), it "draws" the native's life

3. The 12th house is the joy of the greater malefic Saturn whereas the 6th house is the joy of the lesser malefic Mars.

How did 6th house become the house of work which rampant in horary books written by modern authors?

The straight answer - "I don't know"

Probable answer:
The 6th house is the house of slaves and laborers - those that have to toil for daily provision. Perhaps this house is then somehow given the meaning of labors and toils later in astrology and this develops into "work" in more modern astrology.

In ancient times, if you are among the aristocracy, you do not have to "toil" or "work". You probably own a piece of land (title) - hence you don't "work" or you use your mastery to earn a living but you don't have to toil for it (10th house). If you have to toil or work, you are probably among the lowest hierarchy of social strata or you're a slave (6th house).

The concept of work as we understand it is relatively new. It is almost unheard of in ancient times that you go off, work for someone and get paid. In ancient times you are either a farmer, businessman (probably just a cobbler but still a businessman), etc. (mostly self employed). Even if you had patron (like most ancient astrologers did), you were still the skilled man who practices his "mastery", hence tenth house.

So, most modern astrologers will put the 6th house as house of work as being an employee is closest to being a slave. A slave toils and gets his daily provisions (albeit minimum provisions and he is not free). An employee works and gets his salary + he has his freedom.

Perhaps we should distinguish mastery and work? A teacher works for school A (6th house) but her mastery is teaching (10th house). It is also interesting that some medieval astrologers put both 6th and 12th as houses of labor with the distinction of 6th being recognized labor (things taht you toil for and gets some benefit) and 12th unrecognized labor (things you toil for and yet gets nothing in return!).

So, we can definitely assign status, power, dignitaries, mastery of skills, even profession to the tenth house. Labors and things you toil for to the 6th house and work to ...
Gunhilde

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astrojin, you and I agree on the historical definitions of work, then. I agree, in part, to the 'mastery' of something being 10th; but could we not argue that a job of any sort requires the mastery of the skills (9th house) needed to perform that job (10th), however lowly? Even if this is flipping burgers; you need the training (9th) to do the job. It doesn't follow, however, that a menial job (6th) is the manifestation of children, creativity, and romance (5th). Unless you consider motherhood a form of drudgery, as I sometimes do... Tongue Out and I certainly don't get paid for my toils! 6th as the house of slavery, indeed... Laughing

There in an intrinsic logic to the procession of the houses around the chart wheel. They aren't placed higgledy-piggledy across the sky...

Cheers,
GH Smile
###

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gem, Keren, Julie, Astrojin,

Thanks for the replies. The pressure is on: I can’t disappoint Keren, and I definitely can't cover all your points at this time.

Gem posted:
Quote:
Kirk wrote:
The 6th house is a work position given to us by others.

In other words slavery. Not practised any more in civilised societies.
Quote:
Being a teacher in the Smithville School District is 6th house.

Isn't this your subjective judgement?? Whether the teacher enjoys teaching or not, even if he/she is not 'manifesting their personal power' as you say, the role he/she plays in the world is described by the 10th(teaching), nothing to do with the 6th house. The 10th house is not about how they feel about their work.

Not just slavery. We apply to others for a job and are completely at their mercy and judgment: Do they want us or not? Often we are being compared to many hundreds, even thousands, of other applicants – and our desire and happiness (concerning the position) depends on one person, or a relatively few people. Does that sound like the power, dignity and honor of the 10th house?

Your thoughts on teaching as a role one plays in the world sounds like modern astrology. Who was it – maybe Steven Forrest? – that said the 10th is the hat we wear in the world. Do we wear a fireman’s hat, a chef’s hat, etc.? Very modern. I say the 10th is how, and if, we actively and intentionally engage ourselves with the world. Teachers happen to fit in well with the 6th; they were historically considered quite similar to servants and were paid about as well. [Is that perhaps the reason it was one of the very few things a woman was allowed to do?] I say that a person always applies for a 6th house teaching position and then can choose to perform the duties in a 10th house manner. Many teachers stay in the 6th. If the person doesn’t like teaching, but keeps doing it, then s/he is stuck in the 6th house. And how I disagree! – The 10th is completely concerned with how they feel about their work! Intentional engagement leading to excellence. That’s not a job we apply for; we apply ourselves to a task. We all have a 10th house in our chart, but not all of us are choosing to experience and live it in such a manner. It's in the 6th house where we aren't concerned about our work. That's the 6th house of illness.

Keren wrote:
Quote:
Say I employ a maid or a plumber. I ask "Is this maid/plumber fit for his/her job?" I would look to the 6th house of my horary chart. The 6th is our employees - my maid or plumber.

However, if the same maid or plumber were to ask "Am I good at my job?" we would use the 9th and 10th houses to answer the question (9th is the knowledge pertinent to their job, the 10th).

Aren’t you kind of saying the same thing I am? You’re looking to the 6th to see if the maid or plumber is fit – adequate – for the job. But when it comes to the maid or plumber enquiring about his or her abilities on the job you are looking at the 10th house for excellence. You aren’t treating the 10th as the job position itself, but you instinctively know to look up to the 10th for matters of quality and excellence. Once again: We apply for jobs in the 6th house, and look to the 10th for matters of excellence.

Quote:
To suggest that being in a menial job means that I am denied the use of the 10th house because in someone else's eyes it is "not worthy" is to make an inappropriate assumption about the nature of "success and public standing" and constitutes a grave error of judgement.

You’ve missed my point completely. I’m saying the opposite. I’m saying that the 10th is where every worker has the chance to excel and rise to a higher level – if he or she wants to put out the effort to do so. The 10th house plumber consciously does the job well, quickly and efficiently. This guy makes life easier and more pleasant, and the expense lower for the customer. He may have been hired by the plumbing firm as just a 6th house worker (he applied for the 6th house position), and he can remain just a 6th house worker, or he can raise the job into the 10th house through his aim for excellence. He did not fill out a job application for that excellence; that excellence can only have been hoped for by the plumbing firm, maybe even expected – they would have looked for signs of its possibility. But the actual attainment of the excellence is due to the employee’s efforts. If this plumber had high hopes of working for such a great firm, then he would have asked his astrologer (I say) about getting the 6th house position with the firm. Taking the job up into 10th house standards would come after getting his foot in the door by being hired in the 6th house.

Gunhilde’s
Quote:
I would still like either or both of you to explain to me the logic in using the house of illness to describe 'work'; it doesn't make any sense.

Ties in with Astrojin’s
Quote:
The 6th an dthe 12th are the worst houses in a horoscope.

Traditionalist astrologers love bad houses – I think it easily becomes a bad habit. All houses have their purpose. Here we’re dealing with the set formula of 6th house = illness = bad house. But this is what gets me: When moving from horary or natal astrology – and their strong tradition of '6th as bad' – to looking at mundane astrology charts how many of those same astrologers would look to the 6th house for significations of the national food reserves, the farming industry, public employees, the civil service, the armed forces, trade unions, unemployment insurance, disability allowances, the working class in general ... Wait a minute! Those things aren’t so bad! In fact, they sound pretty good! So why do astrologers skip this the house of labor and send all employment questions directly to the 10th?
Tumbling Sphinx

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kirk,

I agree with much of what you've mentioned.

Also think there's a distinction to be made between vocation, one's calling (10th) and the day-to-day grind/labour (6th).

Quote:
A vocation is an occupation for which a person is suited, trained or qualified. It is also the inclination to undertake a certain kind of work, in response to a perceived summons; a calling. This type of vocation is either professional or voluntary, that is carried out more for its altruistic benefit than for income, which might be regarded as a secondary aspect of the vocation, however beneficial

The trine between 2-6-10 is a practical one. In addition, you'll also find modern astrologers, eg. Noel Tyl, referencing 6th - for example, in natal chart Moon in 6th is indicative of a workaholic yet regarding 10th for vocation.
I think care needs to be taken with the piece-meal approach as it's a sequential flow.

Quote:
So why do astrologers skip this the house of labor and send all employment questions directly to the 10th?

I'm not sure they do. However, when considering a natal chart astrologers are often more interested in identifying the person's calling/vocation - their potential - and steering them in that direction rather than dwelling on the daily routine.

And if that daily routine is regarded as drudgery, then naturally an outcome can be illness, eg. can't stomach it any longer. And this also affects value/worth (2nd).

In addition, Mars rejoicing in this house means it's not a house devoid of being able to take the initiative, along with the hours of labour.

Business owners often work longer hours than their employees and frequently start from the ground up. Very Happy
Gem

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kirk
You said my thoughts sounded like modern astrology( I haven't even read a single line written by S Forrest by the way). Actually using the 6th house for work is the modern one, which is not based traditionally. The 6th is for slaves, labourers, AC's employees; and all professions and trades are represented by the 10th, however menial.

Quote:
We apply to others for a job and are completely at their mercy and judgment

Still completely different from being actual slaves. We take on the job of our volition; it's not forced on us. We have the freedom to quit or choose different postions. We can't project feelings onto the house(even if we feel like slaves). If someone enjoys and loves their work, can they use 5th for their work then?

How can a weak house like 6th(not beholding the AC, under the horizon) be used to signify your social expresions?
astrojin

Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kirk and all,

I have been doing quite a number of horary charts that concern work and vocation (one's calling). I dare say that if I were to assign ALL every day work questions to 6th or to 10th exclusively, I'll get half of them wrong. In some cases I used the 6th and in other cases the 10th (my clients have not complained!). I still have this nagging feeling that your job is partly a form of modern slavery (in ancient times, you do your tasks and your master "pays" you in terms of taking care of your basic needs whereas in modern times, you do your tasks and your employer pays you monthly or daily).

The tenth house is the highest place the sun can reach (during the day) hence, it is reserved to your calling i.e. vocation. The differentiation can be seen from your natal chart. If you are already above 40, check your 6th house and 10th house and see for yourselves. Usually, if the domicile or exaltation ruler of your 10th does not aspect the tenth house (or your main luminary, or your ascendant or your lord of ascendant), your vocation or profession may remain latent...or you simply do not have a mastery.

The 2nd, the 6th and the 10th houses must fall in the same element (using whole sign house system, of course). Hence, the triad of money, labors/toils and vocation/professionare connected (making it quite difficult to isolate your income, labors and profession into three neat compartments). All three houses have the same triplicity rulers. On this account, they are similar. Using the concept of tripartite temporal unfolding of Robert Zoller (where each triplicity ruler governs a third of the areas ruled by the houses). So, the first trip ruler of 2nd, 6th and 10th (all the same) governs the first third of your financial, labors/toils and vocational/professional life. The delineation is the same for 2nd and 3rd triplicity rulers...

In horary charts, I simply resort to the 10th house for profession and esp. when a person asks about a new job or his career development. I may use the 6th if it is more appropriate (e.g. if the 6th really describe the nature of his current work/labor). Having said this, MOST of the time when a person asks about his current job, I would look into the tenth simply because this is the house of employment and of employers!

This is where "relativity" seems to play a role...You can see yourself as the worker/slave and your job as something your labor (6th house) or do you see yourself as being a subject of our employer (1oth house).[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: