Someone explain this game

Charlotte 108: LA Lakers 95
7:41pm Los Angeles March 26 2008

Pull up this chart and take a look...
Charlotte was a 13 point underdog, at 14.00 odds to win. LA was 1.05.

Not only is there's nothing clear in the chart for Charlotte, but there's AntiPOF within 1 degree of 10th. I'm interested to see if any of the random color, lords, rulership you guys have fiddled with in football lately can help explain this one.

Can I just check to make sure I'm looking at the correct chart?
there's AntiPOF within 1 degree of 10th.
I have MC at 25 Cancer and ant POF at 7,42 Cancer. What Asc degree to you have?

Ah OK, thanks. SolarFire defaults to PST +8. Something to watch out for.

Sun is hour ruler so the chart isn't radical. As Andrew says, this moves the result away from the faves, but we still need a testimony for the underdogs. What we have though is a testimony for the faves, as you say, ant POF conj MC. I also use fixed POF.

I've noticed that UBER looks at the Moon's last aspect which was a square to Saturn (L4). This isn't something I've ever looked at but presumably it favours the underdogs. The Moon's next applying aspect is trine Sun which doesn't signify either team although it is the exaltation ruler of the Desc. I would call this forcing the chart to fit the result, which I don't approve of!

I would have predicted a win for the faves and then put it in the box called "charts that didn't work", which is OK as long as the box doesn't get too full :-?

Thanks for your review. I agree it's an odd one. When such a big underdog wins, I'd certainly like to see at least a "blank canvas" chart. One that is neutral for either team. To have one with such a strong favorite bias, and a 13-1 dog win is certainly odd, and hopefully an extreme exception.

Videohero,

Determining the outcome of a game takes a lot more than looking at the obvious. I am currently researching an original method that clearly shows a win for the underdogs, so this is encouraging.

Do you happen to have the time when the game ended by the way?

Ficina: If you download and install the latest update for SF, that should take care of the new dates for switching between standard and daylight savings times.
Peter

I see. That seems to indicate that Astrolabe is not supporting v5 any longer (the latest update was in 2004). Four years of support feels a bit short, and I'm considering switching away from SF due to the same issue. Once there is a new version, it would appear that support for the previous one stops. Very shortsighted strategy in my view.
Peter

MOON apply to square with PART OF VICTORY(8Pisces17')
MOON partile trine SUN.
Planet (in this case SUN, hour ruler!) in the end of 6 house seems to bring victory to underdog.
POS (13GEM36') is about destructive critical degree.
JUPITER partile sextile URANUS with mutual reception by sign
MARS trine PART OF VICTORY.
Alexey

I found the following midpoints:

MA/JU at 14AR04 is almost exactly conjunct the DSC
MO/NE at 14CP44 is in close applying square to the horizon. This would affect both teams, but MO is R10 and NE is R6, so the Lakers would be affected more. Note that MO/NE is also conjunct the IC, but the apect is separating, whereas the square to the Asc is applying.

BTW, I have it from two knowledgable sources that separating aspects are valid in these game charts. They are not as stong as the applying aspects, but they do work.

I also looked at this game via a diurnal chart. The Lakers have many more aspects than the Hornets, including a grand trine involving Sun, Moon, and MC. The main thing in Charlotte's chart is an exact conjunction of natal Asc and D_POF, also N_UR-150-D_Asc and -120-D_MC, and N_MC-45-D_SU.

Mason says in her book that the soft aspects are not very effective in diurnal; charts, and I guess this example proves it.

BTW, did you happen to get the exact starting time for the two basball games played in Japan?

Regards,

Bob