Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

A Solar Fire Deluxe Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
astrojin

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:40 am    Post subject: A Solar Fire Deluxe Question Reply with quote

Hello,

Does anybody know how to plot arabic parts on the chart itself? An example; if I want Part of Substance displayed on the wheel chart itself.

Thank you
epurdue

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can do it. I've looked myself and it seems like you can only use predefined points.
astrojin

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as I thought!

Thank you Mithra6!
3D

Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi astrojin & mithra

yes you can but it takes several steps. You have to create an 'Extra Ring Points' File first under 'Chart options', edit it and from there go to 'Arabic Parts' where you can create any part you like by entering the formula.

René
astrojin

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3D,

Thank you for your response.

What we meant was to print the parts on the wheel itself. For example when I display or print the wheel chart, I want to see the Parts on it.

Thanx
3D

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi astrojin,

you mean something like this?

http://www.astrologix.de/forum/user_files/47ef8e1c687272bb.gif
astrojin

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3D,

Yes. Something like that.
Julie K

Posted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Does Anyone Know Arabic Parts Reply with quote

Astrojin,

Rober Zoller's book The Arabic Parts in Astrology - The Lost Key to Prediction includes the 'formular for the Part of Sustance. I'll post this if you are interested. Secret

Julie K
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Julie K

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Solar Fire Deuxe question Reply with quote

astrojin

[What we meant was to print the parts on the wheel itself. For example when I display or print the wheel chart, I want to see the Parts on it.]

There are not any symbols ie. ParsFortuna - for Arabic Parts on Solar Fire Deluxe that I am aware of. Why not contact Estoteric if in Australia or Astrolab in other countries?

Julie K
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yossarian

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie K wrote:
There are not any symbols ie. ParsFortuna - for Arabic Parts on Solar Fire Deluxe that I am aware of.

Chart Options:Displayed Points and you can choose to display PoF, but that's about it unless you want to do a lot of work.

They appear as P1, P2, P3 etc. in the extra ring file.

You'll have to go to Chart Options:Extra Points and create or edit the file you want. Better to copy and rename a file than edit an existing one. I have several files, one for mundane parts (assassination, death etc) and one for marriage and so on.

Then if you go to Utilities:Wheel Designer, you should have a file called "uniextra" so open that file and save it as "Arabian" or "Parts" or whatever.

Then go to Utilities:Page Designer and design yourself a new page for Arabic Parts. You'll need to insert the "Arabic Parts List - Flexible" so you can correlate the parts with extra points.

I have a page called "SAParts" that is a bi-wheel with natal/extra points on the inside and solar arcs on the outside. I was just looking to see if directed planets conjuncting natal parts worked.
Julie K

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: A Solar Fire Deluxe Question Reply with quote

Yossarian,

Thank for the detailed response. Wish I had time to 'sus' all this out for myself.

Julie K
astrojin

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Yossarian!
Yossarian

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure thing. Just copy and rename wheels and charts, and then experiment with them. That's really the best way to learn.

I figured out how to do house numbers on the cusps for both natal and progressed charts on a bi-wheel, so now I can readily see where each house on a progressed or directed chart is in relation to the natal chart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: