Barriers and Bombs

Hi anyone else considering this Autumn's cardinal Saturn - Pluto Square ?? It's completing the cycle that opened with the conjunction in Libra in 1982. Putting up barriers and alternatively kicking them in was the order of the day back then!

The autumn of 82 in the UK saw the first operation of the Thames Barrier. Makes me wonder whether that particular barrier is going to get severely tested this Autumn under the square??

On a wider stage the seed of that Cardinal conjunction saw in its lead- in period the banning of Solidarity in Poland , and under the conjunction itself the release of their figurehead , Lech Walesa from imprisonment, and we all know how that subsequently played out!!

The following first square of Pluto and Saturn fell in fixed signs in the Spring of 1993 and saw the "Velvet divorce" of Czechoslovakia in the dissolution of the old east-west barrier and the establishment of new ethnic borders!! Equally this was when the European COmmunity eliminated its trade barriers to become a Single Market.

Looked at from the Pluto end of the equation just prior to the square was also when Yeltsin and Bush signed a second Nuclear arms treaty, South Africa announced its abandonment of its nuclear weapons program with the dismantling of its six nuclear warheads.

That sets the stage nicely for the current round of negotiations for arms reduction between the US and Russia. However the 1993 square was also when North Korea announced its withdrawal from the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty so we can expect some difficult times on this issue with North Korea. However that could play out in connection with forced changes in the North Korean leadership since their leader is known to be seriously ill???

ps back to China again - directly after the Libran conjunction was when China adopted its current constitution (Dec 4th) so yet again ..spotlight on China!
mike c

Saturn-Pluto Symbolism

Hi Mike, your post on Saturn-Pluto aspects jogged my memory. If my memory is still serving my senior mind, I think Robert Hand correlated in his work that Saturn-Pluto symbolism and its aspects also increase the probability of terrorist events.

Regards, Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan

Pluto/Saturn is an underworld thing. It gets in the glands and blocks off emotional exchanges. It can be experienced as sorely unjust and could occur in conjunction with political power-clashes and friction. If problems are not dealt with fairly, good principles could get trampled on. Pluto/Saturn may also perform like a virus.
MikeC wrote:...so we can expect some difficult times on this issue with North Korea. However that could play out in connection with forced changes in the North Korean leadership since their leader is known to be seriously ill???
Mike, you make some very interesting observation! We shall have to follow up on this!
http://www.astronor.com

Very good, MikeC! You are dead on!
Well , I'm not sure I can claim that, but I guess
a) the UK is a Cardinal angles country (William chart)
b) August brings Mars and Venus linking the Saturn / Pluto square whilst it is still out of sign.
So I guess August could bring a taster?

I guess for specific l mundane events Outer Planet transits need to work through, either or both, relationships to faster moving planets or the angles??
regards
mike c

Whilst on the subject of the UK. It is entirely possible that since there is a link between Saturn and Pluto and Nuclear Arms Limitation as mentioned above , this Autumn may coincide with an announcement of some degree of Unilateral arms reduction by the UK?? We currently know that the UK government is in deep deep financial trouble and a privately debating the future costs of nuclear deterrence anyway.

The UK deterrent has been tied in with Cardinal sign activity since its inception, befitting a Capricorn Sun/MC Aries rising country (under WIlliam chart of course).

The formal decision of government approval for an independant deterrent took place 8 Jan 1947, Sun 16 CAP conj Mars, Sat/Plut conj Leo, (source WIKI)

The first nuclear test was 2 OCT 1952, Sun 8 LIBR conj Sat, Jup square Plut

so maybe?????
mike c