John Kerry for President?

After a good start to his campaign, it appears that Howard Dean is virtually out of the race in the Presidential primaries. At this stage, the most likely contender is John Kerry. He seems in an almost unbeatable position although there is still a while to go before ?Super Tuesday?. Since we have already had a look at the chart of Howard Dean, I was interested to look at the chart of John Kerry.

I had a brief look at his next SR chart and his transits. The reason I looked to the next SR chart was because I figured that he was the one most likely to be challenging Bush at the next election so I wanted to see what his year would be like post election.

John Kerry?s natal details are as follows:
11th December, 1943
Denver, Colorado MWT +6
7:10am
In the Solar Return charts of Howard Dean and John Edwards for 2004, each man has Pluto on the Ascendant suggesting a time of deep personal reflection. John Kerry, on the other hand, has Jupiter in the 1st house, 6 degrees from the Ascendant. Jupiter is sextile to an exact (to the minute) Sun/Mercury conjunction in the 3rd house, suggesting that Kerry might be extremely busy in that year. He also has Moon, Venus and Mars conjunct in the 2nd house, trine Saturn in the 10th. I think it was Rob Hand who described transiting Saturn in the 10th as being ?the harvest?. Basically, this suggests that Kerry will either reap the rewards of his successes or pay the price for his failures. He will be a product of his own prior conduct. Richard Nixon resigned from the Presidency during a Saturn transit to his 10th house. I just had a very quick look and saw that the 2004 SR chart for George W. has four planets, including the Sun, in the 12th house. But, as we saw with Arnold Schwarzenegger, 12th house planets are not necessarily a barrier to success in public life.

Kerry also has a few significant contacts to his natal Mc leading up to the election. Transiting Saturn sextiles his Mc around the time that Jupiter conjuncts the Mc. These transits happen within a couple of weeks of the Democratic Convention in late July where the decision will be made as to who will be challenging George W. in the upcoming election. This can suggest a positive time for Kerry career wise but, as with most Jupiter transits, it can also mean that Kerry can be in danger of overdoing it in an attempt to convince people of his worth. Jupiter is a strong planet in Kerry?s natal chart and is ruler of his Ascendant. Pluto is also squaring the Mc throughout the year bringing a lot of public attention to Kerry. As with most significant Pluto transits, this can have the effect of either energising or overwhelming the individual. It is up to Kerry to make the most of these transits or die trying (metaphorically speaking of course). Whatever happens, it will be a time of transformation, particularly in the area of career and public life.

Even though it seems likely that John Kerry will be the Democratic candidate, the question now is, does he have the potential to be a real contender for the Presidency?

Even though it seems likely that John Kerry will be the Democratic candidate, the question now is, does he have the potential to be a real contender for the Presidency?
This isn't astrological, but the information can be used if an astrologer wants to try to predict the upcoming election.

At this point, it seems the only thing that would prevent John Kerry from becoming the Democrat nominee for President would be his untimely death. It isn't just that he has more delegates pledged to him, but also that there is no clear runner up. The others are just fighting for the crumbs at this point.

Caution: There used to be a saying in American politics that there is no real campaigning until the World Series (baseball championships) is over. That was when the World Series ended by Oct 6. Now the damn thing runs almost to election day itself (by law the first Tuesday after the first Monday in November). My point is this: don't take anything seriously until after Labor Day (the first Monday in September). Prior to that all opinion polls, all speculation, etc is limited to a few politics junkies, and opinion shapers. The vast majority of potential voters aren't paying much attention before that. Right wrong or indifferent, that's the way it is.

Tom

Sue

Thanks for posting the chart and your ideas.

I've a short comment. To me Kerry is without question a Saturnian type looking person, the eyes downturned at the corners, and the Lincoln-like body type -- I think Lincoln was an Aquarian, Saturn ruled.

But when you look at the asc. on Kerry's chart, the Sag element, with Jupiter (in Leo) as ruler, reflecting back to the Sun in the first in Sag -- he doesn't strike me at all as Jupitarian or Leonian or Sagittarian...or maybe I'm missing something as it relates to the asc. and physical appearance? Does the Juptier denote length, as in tallness?

But all of the other elements I can see, the Sun op Saturn, with the Moon con Saturn. He seems to personify all of that perfectly.

Frederick

Hello,

I think the Sagittarius rising fits John Kerry perfectly. He has that long face common to Sagitarius rising.

My favorite Lincon rectification was done by Manly Palmer Hall in 1934. Using Lincoln's physical features notably the prominent mole on his cheek, Hall comes up with the following data: February 12, 1809, 8:50 AM LMT Hodgenville, Kentucky. Hall finds this chart works well with the assasination chart.

Prior to this, the accepted chart for Lincoln was done by Dr. Luke Broughton who set the time for shortly after midnight, giving Lincoln a Sagittarius ASC. Broughton made a reputation for himself by using this chart to (sort of) predict Lincoln's death. He didn't actually state that Abraham Lincoln would die on April 14, 1865, but he did say something like death of a prominent head of state or military leader in early April. And later gave a general warning to the 16th President.

There are other rectifications. What historical work that has been done on Lincoln's birth seems to indicate Hall is closer than Broughton. And the actual time is somewhere between 7 AM and 11 AM. Neighbors recollections, when they were quite old, usually said Nancy Hanks Lincoln gave birth "about Meetin' house time." Lincoln was born on a Sunday.

Tom