Hi Petalp...

I'll chime in here for my first post on this forum with the clear answer that I could have become rich during Uran's trining transit to my Ven some time ago.

For the entire relevant period (of which I was aware in advance as are you), every time I threw out my investment net, fish 'a plenty were hauled in w/out delay.... And that "luck" disappeared within 30-ish days of the transit finally subsiding. Too bad I was operating with such little principal - not principles! ;)

It could also be emphasized that:

-you're just at the beginning this month of an approx 18 month period during which the trine will be enjoyed;

-you can maximize the effect by putting yourself "out there" (e.g., if romance is what you want then be sure not to stay @ home watching TV every nite...;)

-the effect will also be noticeable in terms of nicely breaking up any stick-in-the mud influences of your natal chart. But since you "only" have the Sat quintile hitting your conjunction, there may not be much to break up (in my case, by contrast, poor Ven is wedged betw Sat and Nept and so the Uranus trine rescued Ven (temporarily) from those twin clutches of convervative and spacey.

In sum, with that mighty fine, tight conjunction, you will look forward to a wonderful 18-ish months which you will miss once its gone forever...so put out your fishing lines and keep them in the water...

p.s. on the investment thing YMMV....

Transiting Uranus trined my natal Venus when I was in my early thirties, and absolutely nothing happened. My natal Moon is partile conjunct Venus, which makes it even more surprising that life went on as usual. Life was fine, though, so maybe that's the reason.

Transiting Uranus trined my natal Venus when I was in my early thirties, and absolutely nothing happened.
I don't really want to get involved in this much less argue about it, but I couldn't help but be motivated by the above quote. Due to the nature of my chart over a five or so year period, I forget the details, transiting Uranus aspected every planet in my chart (except the Moon but it trined the Moon shortly afterwards), including itself. During this time it even squared the MC and opposed the ASC. During that period I went through the usual ups and downs of life, and anything that happened that might be considered out of the ordinary happened at a time that Uranus aspected nothing.

Transits, by themselves are not much of an indicator of events. If anything they trigger events that are shown by directions, progressions or returns. If there is nothing going in in any of the broader areas, transits will rarely produce anything of significance. I had a similar experience with Pluto. Astrology is not that simple.

Tom

"Transits, by themselves are not much of an indicator of events. If anything they trigger events that are shown by directions, progressions or returns. If there is nothing going in in any of the broader areas, transits will rarely produce anything of significance."

I fully agree that there are many times when seemingly major transits pass without a blip.

But do they have to relate to directions, progressions or returns to matter?

For instance, what about when there are many simultaneous transits happening involving other outer planets to personal planets and angles? Toss in conjunctions made to activated points by the Sun and Mars on the same day. Is this still meaningless?

I have a particular case in mind, but maybe that's another thread.

I am new to this board, but I find the level of discussion to be refreshingly high.

I fully agree that there are many times when seemingly major transits pass without a blip.

But do they have to relate to directions, progressions or returns to matter?
I believe so, but no doubt as soon as I hit the "submit" button, someone will give me an example to the contrary. In the cases where transits do seem to "act alone" my experience has been that the effects either do not last long or turn out to be relatively minor. To make up an example, let's say a Jupiter transit over the ruler of the second plus some other transits indicate the native will come into money, the actual result may be that he gets some money, but either loses it quickly or it turns out to be nothing significant. Whereas if the nativity somehow showed sudden wealth, the transit would be more likely to coincide with a significant monetary gain.

The theory runs this way: the native will gain nothing that isn't shown in the natal chart. If it isn't there, it won't happen or if something like it does happen it won't amount to much. Directions, progressions etc indicate how the life unfolds and the approximate time the promise of the chart will occur, the solar and lunar returns narrow the time frame down a bit more, and transits trigger and therefore pinpoint the event. That being said it does not always work out that neatly, but it does work out better than transits alone. There are other techniques available as well, profections and firdaria come to mind, but again their proper use depends on the nativity. I don't use them very often.

For instance, what about when there are many simultaneous transits happening involving other outer planets to personal planets and angles?
Outer planets? I don't use them, and as for transits to the angles and other outer to inner planet transits, it was the lack of correlation of outer planet transits to actual events that sent me to traditional astrology.

I would still be wary of long term effects even if there were several major transits going on at once unless it was promised in the nativity and that there was something important happening in one of the subsidiary charts.

Tom

Uranus trine Venus...my take

This happened to me a bit back prior to my marriage. Lots of invitations, several dates, nothing of substance and nothing worth mentioning. Met a few men, but no one I was really taken with all nice people but not for me.

So go out and enjoy, but don't put concern yourself too much with this.

Transits, by themselves are not much of an indicator of events.
I think of transits as being like the junctions on a journey, while events are like the towns and villages you pass through. Where you end up depends on the decisions you make at those points, but the junctions themselves are not at all memorable (unless the decision which way to go is traumatic in some way).
...it was the lack of correlation of outer planet transits to actual events that sent me to traditional astrology.
In my case I only started to take astrology seriously when I looked back and saw that the major turning points in my adult life coincided with multiple close outer planet transits. But in at least two of those cases those transits had largely passed by the time an associated event happened - i.e. the decision to leave a job was taken during the transits, but I didn't actually leave it until a couple of months later. (Though I haven't looked whether there were progressions at the same time.)