Natal Chart planets and those in the Sky.

Hello everyone! I'm a new member and I love this forum! Okay my question is that I'm wondering what are the main differences between the planets in my natal chart and those planets physically present in the constellations when I was born. I'm Cancerian, so was the sun physically in that constellation, and were all the other planets in the constellations that my natal chart describes? Is there a type of astrology that uses a closer correspondence to the physical positioning of planets? I hope my questions make sense. Anyway, I'm curious, thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Catho

Hi and welcome,

Most of the astrologers on this forum use the Western Tropical zodiac. There are some Indian astrologers and perhaps other members who use a sidereal zodiac. The two zodiacs do not line up with each other. The names of the signs are the same as the names of the constellations and they occur in the same order, but the occupy different places in the sky.

Both zodiacs are used to plot the positions of the planets in celestial longitude. If you picture the sky as a sphere and divide it into longitude circles, that is celestial longitude. Or it is the Earth's longitude projected outwards. The planets are the same in both zodiacs, but their positions might be reported differently. For example Mars is in early Aries in the tropical zodiac, and you looked at the background of fixed stars behind Mars, they would be the stars of the constellation Pisces. So the tropical astrologer would say Mars is in Aries and the sidereal astrologer would say Mars is in Pisces. It's the same Mars though.

I don't know very much about the sidereal zodiac and how its used. The people who use it are satisfied with the results they get. They could direct you to a place where you can get more information on the subject.

Good to have you on board.

Tom