Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

upcoming eclipses and nanga parbat expedition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leywand

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: upcoming eclipses and nanga parbat expedition Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have been following the tragic events of the Italian Nanga Parbat expedition and on checking its leaders Karl Unterkirchers (27.8.1970) chart (he fell into a crevasse and is presumed dead), I saw that both upcoming eclipses activate his chart:
the solar eclipse on 1.8. exactly sextiles his natal chiron and the lunar eclipse on 16.8. falls right on his mars (<2 orb), activating his natal mars-saturn square.
Itīs a sad story though and I hope his 2 comrades will be saved.

leywand
Ellie Fant

Posted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leywand,

I have a keen interest in astrology and mountaineers. Maybe we can swap birthdate info. or something.

I didn't follow the Nanga Parbat expedition this year. But it has been quite eventful lately with all that's happened on K2 this season.
leywand

Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ellie,

This seems to be a dangerous year for mountaineers. There was an another tragedy on MontBlanc (8 victims) just a week ago and I heard of lots more...

Itīs difficult to get birthdates though or statistics and that leaves only speculation...I feel that mountaineering as a leo activitiy (is it ?, i think so.) is affected by this yearīs solar eclipse in leo, but I didnīt do a decent investigation into the topic, just a thought.....

leywand
Ellie Fant

Posted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Leywand,

I have many birthday stats (from years of gathering and reading, and from one particular mountaineering site which listed stats for a little while). From my own records I can confidently say that the majority of mountaineers are Sun in Sag or Sun in Capricorn, Mars in Cap, Mars/Saturn connection, strong Saturn and/or Capricorn/Aquarius planets. For real brilliance athletically there is often Mars/Uranus.

It makes perfect sense that Saturn would figure prominently, since stoicism in adverse conditions is often called-for.

My imagination gets fired up when I read a mountaineer's true story, and then I really want to know what makes him tick astrologically.

For instance, did you know that Jon Krakauer (author of Into Thin Air) and another member of the famous Everest 1996 event---socialite Sandy Pittman---were born on the same day/same year? And yet their actions leading up to the events were judged very differently. Unfortunately no birth times for either, because then the houses would reveal the story behind the interpretation of their actions.

Ellie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: